Why Obama is doing good? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Modern liberalism. Civil rights and liberties, State responsibility to the people (welfare).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Liberals? Your narrow view is silly. He's improving the country for everyone, not just liberals. Maybe you need to take a look at the reality instead of reacting to the propaganda.

Why can't the haters see Obamacare is good for business?
http://money.cnn.com/2014/05/01/news/ec ... r.fortune/

Good News for Obamacare Is Bad News for Conservative Pundits
http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics ... s-20140418

U.S. Creates 288,000 Jobs In April, Unemployment Rate Falls To 6.3%
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/0 ... 49077.html
By Decky
I can't stand Obama because he lied and promised things he never delivered.

Or in other words, he s a politician.
I provided sources that dispute what you say. How about your provide some that support what you say.

You just saying a politician lies, is silly. We know they ALL lie, but there is evidence that Obamacare will be GOOD for the US.
Ok. Obamacare PR is costing 10's of millions of dollars. Then the website healthcare.gov costs millions of dollars just to fix the piece of shit. Then we can't keep our doctors or our plan, so he lied bitch. Then more sicker, older people are signing up when we need younger healthier people. Now the system is imbalanced. Don't give me that shit, you liberal.
Just as a friendly look at aesthetics, can you see why people might think that this last post you made wouldn't conform to our community standards?

There are no citations. There's no link. You resort to name calling. You get clearly enraged instead of refuting anything.

Can you see why people may think that Godstud is being a little more persuasive in this thread?
The stock market has rebounded under Obama. Conservatives should like that.

We caught Bin Laden. Conservatives should like that.

ACA eliminated insurance companies denying care for pre-existing conditions. Everyone hated this policy. This, BTW, is the biggest cause for rising premiums to date.

Eliminating the pre-existing condition loophole frees up people to change employment. Previously, if you were in this bucket you pretty much had to stay with the same employer.
As I understand it, those older, sicker folks are eligible for Medicare at 65, n'est pas, so no change there. They'd be covered even if Obamacare didn't pass. People under 27 are on their parents plans, so the parents are paying their premium. The average age for a woman to have her first child is 24 years. She'll need to go directly from her parent's plan to her own for herself and child(ren) when she reaches 27, and if she has a man in her life, he'll probably look for a family plan if his or her employer doesn't offer one as a perk.

This plan will take time to show the good it does, but with people receiving proper health care, the folks who depended on uber-expensive ER care will be seriously reduced

on Obama's veracity re: Affordable Health Care. He should have known better than to say it as he did. The minute insurers couldn't make womanhoodery a pre-existing condition and lowering their rates meant 50% of Americans' coverage were going to be changed, and that doesn't include other pre-existing states etc. Anyone could see the error, and understood what he meant if they listened.

Obama also shut down two wars. That should also appeal to conservatives...speaking of politians who tell pork-belliers, Cheny and Bush must make you thoroughly apoplectic. I'd get health insurance if I were you.

-
Attorney Mangla wrote:I am fairly conservative. I can't stand Obama because he lied and promised things he never delivered. Why do you liberals like him so much?

Because he's a Democrat. That's the long and the short of it. Republicans will defend Republicans no matter what they do, and vice-versa. American politics is a team sport, and nothing else.
Attorney Mangla wrote:I am fairly conservative. I can't stand Obama because he lied and promised things he never delivered. Why do you liberals like him so much?

How about the fact that he recovered all lost jobs since the recession. Yes Bush. Its not really Obama's fault for the economy either. Blame should be put where it is deserven, and that's congress. Obama has become somewhat of the "Scape Goat" of the country.
Csareo wrote:
How about the fact that he recovered all lost jobs since the recession.

I'd love to know where you got that. Last I checked the unemployment rate is falling (marginally) because people are dropping out of the work force, not because they've found jobs. Also, this:
viewtopic.php?f=97&t=156470&view=unread#unread

And if the economy isn't really Obama's fault, then the recovery isn't to his credit either. He wasted a helluva lot of money on his various "stimulus" packages, for one thing, money that could've been left alone to effect a real recovery.

Its not really Obama's fault for the economy either. Blame should be put where it is deserven, and that's congress.

I agree, Congress writes most of the laws, but not all of them. Regulations are typically put in place by regulatory agencies and the Executive Branch, most of these don't need explicit congressional approval. There's plenty of blame to go around.
The idea that a President, any President, creates and/or destroys jobs is idiotic. The fact that so many people use the jobs created/jobs lost metric as an indicator of how good/bad a President is performing is astounding.
Tachyon wrote:The idea that a President, any President, creates and/or destroys jobs is idiotic. The fact that so many people use the jobs created/jobs lost metric as an indicator of how good/bad a President is performing is astounding.

It's the remnant of Monarchial thought in American Politics, to view the Presidency as an elected Kingship on which to project one's political hopes and fears, not to mention the responsibility or credit for successes and failures.

The System works-barely-and moves along, and people remember their leaders a little differently over time for good or bad.
Regardless of how you look at it, Joe, US is no worse off than when a Republican president was at the helm, except that the US is in one less war.
Isn't it two less wars?

Tachyon

Federal or provincial/state governments can and do create or curb jobs, sometimes in droves. The public service sector is, in itself, massive. Add to that the other state paid jobs ie medical appointments, teachers, and federally, the armed forces. Governments routinely arse around with these jobs to balance the books, or sometimes to make a little political hay. In addition, they can cause expansion in the private sector by giving out rather massive contracts, ie, in Iraq to Haliburton and Blackwater. As the wars wound down, lay-offs ensued.

Most of the jobs regained have been in the private sector. Many of the jobs lost, and the area that's lagging since Obama entered the White House are from state Govenors firing staff and teachers. If those appointmenmts were filled, the unemployment rate would rival the numbers enjoyed in Clinton's years when he directed the hiring of 60,000 cops, amongst other jobs and unemployment was at a record low.
By keso
beacon wrote:The stock market has rebounded under Obama. Conservatives should like that.

We caught Bin Laden. Conservatives should like that.

ACA eliminated insurance companies denying care for pre-existing conditions. Everyone hated this policy. This, BTW, is the biggest cause for rising premiums to date.

Or, do you prefer the one from FREENORTHCAROLINA?

The stock market, you say?

or this?

In short, why bother discussing with someone like the OP, when cartoons will do?
I'm a Liberal and I despise Obama. he is the most inept president since Wendell Wilkie. He is absurdly anglophobic, is a foriegn policy clown ,fucked up socialized medicine (and then blamed it on the side that isn;t in power) been utterly devise when he claimed he would unite the USA. He is a fucking joke. He beleives in hs own messiah status .

Should have Had Clinton
In '08, I agrued Obama was too green, that he'd make a better vp and would later make a better president for having been seasoned. I argued Hillary was familiar with health care, knew the political machinations of the GOP and how to deal with them and she knew who's got the keys to the men's room.

If Hillary had been elected, you'd have a single payer health care system, I think she'd have had a better handle on veteran's health, and a few other goodies. She'd have made full use of owning the white house and both houses of Congress. But bin Laden's corpse wouldn't be one of them. He'd still be at large.

No one's perfect.
Joe Liberty wrote:American politics is a team sport, and nothing else.

American libertarians just love to peddle the idea that they've transcended partisan politics. It's a big lie.

I'll stake my immortal soul that 9 outa 10 of these jokers are walking into a voting booth and voting for Rick Perry or Pat Toomey, or their equivalents. Even Rand Paul has gotten a top rating from the ACU.

If you walk like a duck, and quack like a duck, it's an odds on favorite you're a duck.

Joe Liberty, you are a duck - a conservative Republican.

No seems to be able to confront what the consequen[…]

https://twitter.com/i/status/1781393888227311712

I like what Chomsky has stated about Manufacturin[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

...The French were the first "genociders&quo[…]