Why, My U.S. Democrat Friends, Do You Hate Guns? - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Modern liberalism. Civil rights and liberties, State responsibility to the people (welfare).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I think it's irresponsible to own too many, and that it should be harder to buy one (especially people with a history of violence or a criminal record), but I don't shoot them myself and actually have a small fear of them (then again, anxiety makes me afraid of everything). As long as I'm not directly on the opposite side of them, I'm fine with them.
Last edited by jaydedjen110 on 04 Dec 2016 22:06, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a "liberal" and I see gun control, not banning as a good idea. It's done the world over, in other countries, to success.

Banning assault weapons, like the AR15(and it does classify as an assault rifle, since it was a model made for the military, and predecessor of the M16.), makes perfect sense. I am going by the US definition of Assault rifle... btw.

What does one need a AR15 for? Hunting? Having a magazine load of more than 5 also makes it more dangerous. It's NOT a good weapon for home/self defense, since rifle rounds punch thru most walls with relative ease. Restricting these weapons, and some others to people who only have training, extensive background checks, etc. makes complete sense.

Liberals don't hate guns. I like guns and used to have an FN-FAL 7.62mm assault rifle, with 20 round magazines. My firearm training was from the Canadian military. I eventually just got rid of the gun because I rarely used it, so I sold it to a friend who lived on a farm.

I liked when I visited the US with friends, we went out to a rock quarry with M1911s, an MP-5 and a Springfield M1A. Many other people were there, as well, and everyone was practicing very safe gun use. Gun safety wasn't an issue, despite it not being an official gun range.

People ARE capable of using guns safely. People are also capable of being very dangerous with them, and it only takes one moment for a "legal" gun owner to become an "illegal" one.

Note: Home ownership of pistols for home defense should not be permitted if there are children in the house. I'd allow the exception being if they had some smart gun tech, that prevented children from using them. Parents of kids who get killed by their guns should go to jail for manslaughter, at the very least.

I dont know if you recall, but la loca MTG at one[…]

How about Russia uses a battle field nuclear we[…]

@Tainari88 , @Godstud @Rich , @Verv , @Po[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 29, Friday Mackenzie King wins Canadian el[…]