Screwtape Proposes a Toast - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Modern liberalism. Civil rights and liberties, State responsibility to the people (welfare).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I'm sure everyone knows of C.S. Lewis's excellent piece of theology serially published a few years into WWII, then collected and published as The Screwtape Letters. What few are likely to know--I didn't myself until today--is that Lewis published a short sequel (15+ pages) to that work in The Saturday Evening Post in 1959 and then in the collection of essays The World's Last Night in 1960, a few years before his death--Screwtape Proposes a Toast (full text available). I'm posting this here rather than the Spiritualism subforum of The Agora because the thrust of the essay is really more political than theological (though there is that, as well), a prophetic view of the future of trends Lewis saw in the political and educational institutions of his day. It's well worth a read, even if you don't agree with the theology it is couched in.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This post was made on the 16th April two years ag[…]

Thank goodness saner heads and science is prevaili[…]

4 foot tall Chinese parents are regularly giving b[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]