Democrats for president. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Modern liberalism. Civil rights and liberties, State responsibility to the people (welfare).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Many of you know there are currently 10 Democrats buying for the presidental nomination. This fact can hurt the democrats chance of beating the current pretzel chocking oil war president. The democrats current canidates are..

Carol Moseley Braun
Former Illinois Sen. Carol Moseley Braun filed papers February 20, 2003, to create a presidential exploratory committee. Moseley Braun was elected to the Senate in 1992 but was defeated in a bid for a second term in 1998. She is the only African-American woman to have served in the Senate.

Wesley Clark
A retired four-star general and former supreme commander of NATO, Wesley Clark entered the race for the Democratic nomination on September 17, 2003. The West Point graduate, Rhodes Scholar and former CNN military analyst led U.S. and allied forces in the 1999 air war in Kosovo. The race marks Clark's first attempt at elected office.

Howard Dean
Former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean became the first Democrat to enter the race when he filed papers stating his candidacy for president with the Federal Election Commission on May 31, 2002. He held a formal announcement ceremony June 23, 2003. His campaign gained momentum when it was reported that he led the Democrats in fund raising in the quarter that ended in June.

John Edwards
Freshman North Carolina Sen. John Edwards entered the race January 2, 2003. A millionaire who made his fortune as a trial lawyer, Edwards is one of two Southerners in the race. Edwards was considered a possible running mate for Vice President Al Gore in his unsuccessful bid for the White House in 2000.

Dick Gephardt
Former House Minority Leader Dick Gephardt launched his presidential campaign February 19, 2003. Gephardt -- a Democratic congressman for 26 years -- also sought the party's nomination in 1988.

Bob Graham
The Florida senator created an exploratory committee with the Federal Election Commission on February 27, 2003, and made an official announcement May 6. A moderate Democrat, Graham was on the short list for vice president in 2000. He has been critical of the Bush administration's decision to go to war in Iraq, saying the administration was ignoring other critical national security threats.

John Kerry
Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry was the second Democrat to enter the race, announcing December 1, 2002, that he would form an exploratory committee for a presidential run. First elected to the Senate in 1984, the 60-year-old Kerry is a decorated Vietnam War veteran. He considered a presidential run in 2000.

Dennis Kucinich
Rep. Dennis Kucinich entered the race February 18, 2003, by filing papers to form a presidential exploratory committee. Kucinich, a four-term congressman from Cleveland, Ohio, is running on an unabashedly liberal platform.

Joe Lieberman
Sen. Joe Lieberman, the vice presidential nominee on the 2000 Democratic ticket, announced January 13, 2003, that he is running for the White House in 2004. Lieberman, a moderate Democrat, was the first Jewish candidate to be nominated for vice president and would be the first elected president.

Al Sharpton
The Rev. Al Sharpton entered the race January 22, 2003, by filing papers to form an exploratory committee for a presidential run in 2004. The Democratic activist is the head of the National Action Network, a civil rights group. He ran unsuccessfully for U.S. Senate in 1994 and New York City mayor in 1997.

There are the canidates. Now my question is, which one of these democrats would you vote for.

My votes on either Kerry or Kucinich.
Last edited by Buck Williams on 21 Oct 2003 23:27, edited 1 time in total.
By Locke
Well... I would vote for Gephardt... (even though everyone said he was stupid on my last thread :) )

Dean won't win and the rest of the candidates have no chance.

But, Now I think Clark has the best chance. He leads Bush in the polls 49% to 46%!

Maybe he will be like another Eisenhower, except liberal. Lots of Republicans like true military men (something that Bush is not)

Who knows? I still think it is to early to tell what is probably going to happen.
By FascistDictator
What the hell! Bush leads in all polls at the current time. And when you say that the rest wont have a chance have you forgotten about Sen.Kerry and Sen.Lieberman?
By Locke
I have not forgotten about Sen. Kerry or Sen. Lieberman. But, do you honestly believe that the Democrats will pick Lieberman to take on Bush? They might pick Dean or Clark ... maybe Kerry, but I doubt it. Hey, who knows?

And yes, Gen. Wesley Clark leads Bush in the polls.

"Clark, a retired Army general, garnered 49 percent support to Bush's 46 percent..."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/ar ... Sep22.html
By FascistDictator
I dont agree that Dean would be nominated, the people dont know him and the one thing he's good for is raising money. If the Dem. Party were smart they would nominate Kerry. Why? Well, because hes well known. Just the opposite of Howard Dean. Wesley Clark the Dems feel is not intirely Democratic. I mean look at him, retired General, and former NATO chairperson........sounds more Republican to me. I understand your reasoning for lieberman and i could be wrong, but who knows its still too early yet to determine a nominee. Or a current leader in the polls.
By Kewpie
I'm pulling for Clark. We don't need someone "entirely liberal" or "entirely conservative." I'd rather like someone who could use his or her brain aside from spouting the rhetoric of whatever political platform he or she comes from. I can't say that Clark is this person--but I'd rather vote for the corpse of a cow in a field in Canada than see Bush as president again.
BRICS will fail

BRICS involves one of several configurations emplo[…]

So you do justify October 7, but as I said lack th[…]

Not well. The point was that achieving "equ[…]

Were the guys in the video supporting or opposing […]