Brazilian protests grow - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties from Mexico to Argentina.

Moderator: PoFo Latin America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Come to think of it all of LA has a potentially implosive streak. This goes beyond ALBA weakness without Chavez or the root causes of the Colombian Conflict. Chile's got its demands for education reforms et cetera, Brazil's got this, Peru still has quite a few pissed off peasants and Fujimori people, and everything north of Panama can be left hostage by organized drug gangs at a drop of the hat.

You are putting in the same basket countries at very different levels of development. Apples with oranges.

I salute the Brazilians for protesting the travesty that is the World Cup and the Olympics when so many of their countrymen need the money that is currently being spent on fancy stadiums that would fall into disrepair after the events. If only the British, Greeks, South Africans and Australians had balls like the Brazilians to protest this farce.
Dilma's approval ratings were released yesterday. It shows the sharpest drop in approval for a Brazilian president since Fernando Collor in 1990. Collor ended up being impeached in 1992.

http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/poder/2013/06/1303541-popularidade-de-dilma-cai-27-pontos-apos-protestos.shtml

Legend (translation):

Regular: "An average president"
Ótimo/bom: "Excellent/Good"
Ruim/péssimo: "Bad/Terrible"
Não sabe: "Don't know/have no opinion"
Por região: "Per region" (The South (Sul) and Southeast (Sudeste) are the richest areas of Brazil)
Por renda familiar: "By family income"
Por escolaridade: "By education"
Por sexo: "By gender" (Women hate Dilma more than the men do)
Por idade: "By age" (Younger people tend to dislike Dilma more)

I've read that Dilma and the former president Lula won't be going to the Confederations Cup's final anymore (Brazil vs Spain).
They are afraid of being booed again.
Social_Critic wrote:I think a Brazilian win may pull her out of that hole.

I don't think so... The damage seems irreparable.
The Northeast region (Nordeste) is the worker's party stronghold and even them are hating Dilma now. It's that bad.

On the other hand if Brazil looses...

No such option.
The news reported quite a few favelas and commie looking flags (alot of cogs) out on the streets a few days ago who said they were attempting to avert the protests being hijacked by the rich; As of now I've lost track of what the hell is going on down there.

Last thing I saw on TV was strikers attacking what I assume was a scab bus.

This is different from, say, your pro-Palestine p[…]

Race is a myth. Since there are no races, varia[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

French President Emmanuel Macron announced that U[…]

Dunno, when I hear him speak, the vibe I get from[…]