Are Americans more nationalist than Europeans/US? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties from Mexico to Argentina.

Moderator: PoFo Latin America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
When speaking with Americans (at the South of Rio Grande) they use to say that europeans and US people are very nationalist and they lack national union.

Meanwhile, I see many more national flags when travelling to S America and politicians and common people talk about how good, how large their country is and I can see conflicts between countries (Argentina vs Uruguay, Chile vs Bolivia, Peru vs Ecuador, and so on) while Europe is (badly) unifying.

I think this national pride has taken to stupid struggles and military expense, while this national pride goes away when searching for dollars and scorn national currency or investment in the country.

Sorry for criticism, but it's my personal opinion.
By bach
in order to keep the people happy "you have to give them bred, and circus" however, if you dont give them a country to praise then they become noisy and unstable, the more nationalistic, the less internal conflict you will find.

There you have ETA, if you cold just convincethem of praising the spain they wouldnt be running around causing troubles.
By Fernando
I don't think nationalism is the solution for terrorism. When I see FARC and ELN guerrillas they have nice Colombian flags. I don't know what the AUCC take but I assume they carry yellow-blue-red flags.

Regarding ETA, you can see it as an excess of Basque nationalism, true, or a lack of Spanish nationalism.

I dont know if you recall, but la loca MTG at one[…]

How about Russia uses a battle field nuclear we[…]

@Tainari88 , @Godstud @Rich , @Verv , @Po[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 29, Friday Mackenzie King wins Canadian el[…]