Mexico enacts major education reform - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties from Mexico to Argentina.

Moderator: PoFo Latin America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
And he would have my support in that. Mexico is probably the only country in the world where "teacher" is an hereditary position, that can also be sold if you don't want to pass it to your children.

And having unions mess with politics is usually a bad idea. They are just lobbying groups financed by public money. It would be a lot better if unions were illegal.
Smertios wrote:And he would have my support in that. Mexico is probably the only country in the world where "teacher" is an hereditary position, that can also be sold if you don't want to pass it to your children.

Haha wtf? So it is like a teacher monarchy?

Stupid mexicans.
And he would have my support in that. Mexico is probably the only country in the world where "teacher" is an hereditary position, that can also be sold if you don't want to pass it to your children.

Please tell me that's a joke?
Smertios wrote:And he would have my support in that. Mexico is probably the only country in the world where "teacher" is an hereditary position, that can also be sold if you don't want to pass it to your children.

Their logic of the teachers is "if the sons of carpenters have become carpenters. Even politicians' children become politicians. Why shouldn't our children have the same right?” You're not going to have a functioning education system if you select teachers on the basis of heredity rather than merit.

Smertios wrote:And having unions mess with politics is usually a bad idea. They are just lobbying groups financed by public money. It would be a lot better if unions were illegal.

I'm usually supportive of teachers' unions because I feel that they get a raw deal compared to the value they teach to society but if the Mexican teachers oppose this reform, then the government should send in the army to break up protesters and shoot anyone resisting orders to disperse.
Please tell me that's a joke?

It's a joke, but only in the sense that the whole of Mexico is a joke. Mexico - delivering comedy gold since 1519.
Potemkin wrote:It's a joke, but only in the sense that the whole of Mexico is a joke. Mexico - delivering comedy gold since 1519.

At least 33.5 million Mexicans are in the United States and many are moving there as we speak. Does that mean America will become a joke country too in a few decades?

Race is a myth. Since there are no races, varia[…]

Very well, this is explicit too: Those acts show[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

French President Emmanuel Macron announced that U[…]

Dunno, when I hear him speak, the vibe I get from[…]