Your solution for the Mexican drug war? - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties from Mexico to Argentina.

Moderator: PoFo Latin America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Now, please present your evidence that disporves my claim. Thank you.

I don't have to. You just did it for me. Your "proof" reads:
Arrests of key cartel leaders, particularly in the Tijuana and Gulf cartels, has led to increasing drug violence as cartels fight for control of the trafficking routes into the United States.[95][96][97]
Arrest leads to violence. I said arrests are going to continue (at least for the immediate future following any big change in policy regarding legality) because these people are going to continue to be criminals.
Pants-of-dog wrote:How does that have anything to do with the text you quoted that says the increasing drug violence is because "cartels fight for control of the trafficking routes into the United States"?

The arrest is what leads to the rise of violence.
"Arrests of key cartel leaders, particularly in the Tijuana and Gulf cartels, has led to increasing drug violence"
The rest of the sentence simply says that there is also violence between cartels along the trafficking routes. So what? this can also be true.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Yes, and I am pointing out why the arrests led to more violence: a power vacuum in terms of who controls the smuggling routes.

I read the whole sentence.

Let me put it this way.
Do you think arrest of those criminals will stop if drugs become legal?
XogGyux wrote:Let me put it this way.
Do you think arrest of those criminals will stop if drugs become legal?

No, I think there will still be arrests of criminals.

Please continue constructing your argument.
One Degree wrote:The Philipines is running a real life test on the viability of this right now.

Similar programs were attempted in Thailand 10 years ago and Colombia 40 years ago. These countries are still awash with drugs.

I agree with those who say the cartels would reorient themselves if drugs were legalised. They're already dipping their toes into people trafficking, prostitution, extortion and kidnapping for ransom. With the slow, piecemeal pace of legalisation they'll have plenty of time to diversify their income streams.
XogGyux wrote:And you previously agreed that arrest leads to increase of violence.
So I don't see why you are so confused.
:eek:

I am not confused at all. I am waiting for you to explain how the continued arrests will lead to violence.

I intend to.

Can't wait!
Pants-of-dog wrote:I am not confused at all. I am waiting for you to explain how the continued arrests will lead to violence.

Can't wait!

Its done. You already agreed that arrest won't stop and that arrest lead to violence. Therefore violence won't stop.
Pants-of-dog wrote:@XogGyux,

Please describe how arrests will lead to violence. Thanks!

I am not going to go down this rabbit hole with you because your intentions are not to have a debate but to try to refute me at all costs. I won't lower to your level. You agreed previously that arrest lead to violence, and the evidence that you showed also says it. I rest my case.

They are building a Russian Type nuclear reactor..[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Hamas are terrorist animals who started this and […]

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]