Your solution for the Mexican drug war? - Page 9 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties from Mexico to Argentina.

Moderator: PoFo Latin America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
#14758086
Pants-of-dog wrote:@XogGyux

Yes, the arrests lead to violence right now.

Right now is all the evidence we have to make hypothesis of a hypothetical future.
I am waiting for you to explain why arrests will lead to more violence once the issue of smuggling routes is no longer significant.

I said it before. Arrest will continue because they will continue to be criminals. Criminals don't like being arrested (or are you implying that once their business fall they will come to terms and peacefully go to jail on their own?) and they will continue to fight the arrests.
#14758099
That explains why they will still be arrested. It does not explain why these arrests will lead to more violence.

Please explain how the continued arrests will lead to more violence after people no longer want to control the smuggling routes. Tahnk you.
#14758103
Pants-of-dog wrote:That explains why they will still be arrested. It does not explain why these arrests will lead to more violence.

My friend you have to do your own chewing. You cannot have everyone think for you and then have them spit the information into your skull.
Let me put it this way. Do you think if this hypothetical world comes to reality. Drugs no longer are being produced and smuggled by these criminals... Do you think the police will simply open the jail cells for a day and instruct the criminals to go inside and close the door after they enter... Do you think criminals will simply go inside the jails without putting a fight? You think they will go arrested peacefully?
#14758127
XogGyux wrote:You already agreed they will. LOL. Ok see you later.


I agreed that they will continue to be arrested. I do not think these arrests will lead to more violence if there are no smuggling routes.
#14758131
Pants-of-dog wrote:I agreed that they will continue to be arrested. I do not think these arrests will lead to more violence if there are no smuggling routes.


Ok so your view is that in this hypothesized situation did occur the criminals will come peacefully into the jails. Ok I respect your answer. I think you are wrong.
#14758137
XogGyux wrote:Ok so your view is that in this hypothesized situation did occur the criminals will come peacefully into the jails. Ok I respect your answer. I think you are wrong.


No. You obviously do not know my position.
#14758149
The arrests lead to more violence because each arrest results in a power vacuum in terms of controlling the smuggling routes, and this results in violence when people then fight for control of the smuggling routes.

If you take away the need for smuggling routes, people will not fight to control the smuggling routes.
#14758166
Pants-of-dog wrote:Sure, but that level of fighting will not result in so many innocent deaths in Northern Mexico.

Ok, so at this point we both agree that this type violence won't go away at least in the immediate future of a hypothetical legalization (it might go away months, years or perhaps decades later, fine).
Regarding to the level of fighting. I disagree. You see, now they have money and violence to combat getting caught. They use the violence to intimidate and the money to buy supporters and to bribe police force. So if you take away the money, it is not unreasonable that they will make up the difference with more of the violence.
#14758167
XogGyux wrote:Ok, so at this point we both agree that this type violence won't go away at least in the immediate future of a hypothetical legalization (it might go away months, years or perhaps decades later, fine).


No, you have misunderstood again.

Regarding to the level of fighting. I disagree. You see, now they have money and violence to combat getting caught. They use the violence to intimidate and the money to buy supporters and to bribe police force. So if you take away the money, it is not unreasonable that they will make up the difference with more of the violence.


If you believe that people do things that entail risk and have no possibility of any benefit, sure. I think most people like to minimise risk and maximise benefits.
#14758180
I do not consider waging a huge and expensive war on cops and civilains to be an intelligent amount of risk for such a benefit because the same benefit can be gad without all that risk.

There is no additional benefit from killing thousands of innocents per year.
#14758183
I do not consider waging a huge and expensive war on cops and civilains to be an intelligent amount of risk for such a benefit because the same benefit can be gad without all that risk.

Currently they escape capture by bribing, violence, extortion and terrorizing. How do you reckon they will escape capture when the money for bribing is gone?
There is no additional benefit from killing thousands of innocents per year.

Yet they do it right now.
  • 1
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
The Evolution Fraud

You should not need my help, since you are an ele[…]

@Verv , yes, most of that post is formatted as i[…]

The U.S. foreign-born population reached a record[…]

The Outrage Exchange

Also, I'm actually in Hong Kong and while I've av[…]