Venezuelan Politics (current - 2014) - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties from Mexico to Argentina.

Moderator: PoFo Latin America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Correct, Venezuela is not a democracy. Venezuela is a federal presidential republic. I don't understand the whole issue to debate.
Eauz wrote:Correct, Venezuela is not a democracy. Venezuela is a federal presidential republic. I don't understand the whole issue to debate.

To propagandise against left-wing policies. To ensure the rich of Venazuela can ravage the country before Chavez popped up. Social Critic has a bone to pick with the Left there.
Eauz wrote:Correct, Venezuela is not a democracy. Venezuela is a federal presidential republic. I don't understand the whole issue to debate.

As per the Original Post (written by an analyst who knows very well what´s going on), Venezuela is now considered a dictatorship. However, it can´t be called communist. That regime is characterized as a Cuban satrapy, but it is a consolidation of diverse mafias and independent kleptocrats. At this time the Cubans seem to be focused on eliminating all civil rights and individual freedoms, to drive Venezuela into a Castroite stalinist mold which will then implement fascism as Raul Castro has envisioned for Cuba.

This of course is being hindered by Maduro´s sheer stupidity, the divisions within what´s left of chavismo, the enormous corruption within chavista ranks, and the Cubans´inability to manage the transition from a semi capitalist economy to the fascist economic structure within a harsh dictatorship as Castro has designed.

Fascism Cuban style does require a submissive population. A portion of the Venezuelan population does have the tendency to submit, but a significant portion is out in the streets protesting, and the arrests, torture and murders of protesters hasn´t had full effect.

This is caused by the economic crisis Maduro inherited from Chavez, which he made even worse with truly crazy moves. Maduro´s handling of the economy has been terrible, and this means POVERTY INCREASED IN VENEZUELA (and is increasing even more at this time). The economic problems and the human rights abuses do keep the population restive, and thus Venezuela is not a democracy, but the Cuban invasion isn´t able to control the Venezuelan protest movement, which is likely to move on to an underground resistance movement within a few months unless the Cubans remove Maduro and replace him with a smarter puppet.

http://www.eluniversal.com/economia/140 ... -en-un-ano

redcarpet wrote:Social Critic has a bone to pick with the Left there.

I don´t have a bone to pick with "the Left here". Most of you are young naive communistoids and sandalistas. You wouldn´t know the barrel of a gun from a spoon. I write as a means to educate the general public and to document what goes on in nations which allow stalinist fascists like Raul Castro take control.

Because I have personally seen the inmense damage your friends cause, because I have seen the torture chambers, and I have seen the ugly scars which remains once the people do send your friends to hell, I make it my hobby to write about the observations I made in my life.

You are free to learn, or you are free to ignore it. You can choose to remain in your self designed lala land, and believe that garbage you have been fed. Or you can choose to learn about real life. It´s your choice. But to be honest, most of you are so irrelevant in this struggle, I can hardly pick anything with you. In a real sense, I consider you like friends.
Gday,
Thanks for posting this stuff. I'm not sure why everyone else is simply dismissing everything you post but most of them are actual commies (I don't think I've ever met one in real life in my sheltered life here).
From the little I know about Venezuela etc I don't even see how it is a surprise that what you are saying is true, yet the others in the thread are acting like KGB has infiltrated the US Congress.

mum
mum, thanks for the comment. I wouldn´t take these guys seriously. Most of them are young and lack experience. I do try to document what goes on, because there´s so little in the English language, and therefore there´s a tendency for people in the English speaking world to get only the broadest views, and that in turn is slanted by the media they access.

What´s happening in Venezuela is a real tragedy. I get emails from people asking for help for themselves and their children, asking for advice on how to flee, and so on and so forth. I also have contacts in Cuba, so I know how they feel about the way the dictatorship has taken over Venezuela and destroyed its democracy. The failure to stop the monsters who rule Venezuela shows we have a problem, and it´s very common. From Syria to Iran to the African Central Republic, and on to Cuba and Venezuela, we see human rights abuses and lack of justice. And unfortunately the USA and Europeans, who like to call themselves the guys with the white hats are also willing to violate justice and ethics, and in the end their focus is on the almighty dollar. When you get to it, nobody really cares. And these young guys who defend these terrible regimes aren´t that rare.
Social_Critic wrote:I don´t have a bone to pick with "the Left here".

I said "there", not "here". Can you read posts by other people, or only your own?

What´s happening in Venezuela is a real tragedy. I get emails from people asking for help for themselves and their children, asking for advice on how to flee, and so on and so forth. I also have contacts in Cuba, so I know how they feel about the way the dictatorship has taken over Venezuela and destroyed its democracy.

Anecdotal claims are a dishonest debating tactic. And 'tragedy' is subjective

The failure to stop the monsters who rule Venezuela shows we have a problem

Emotive appeal, also dishonest

From Syria to Iran to the African Central Republic, and on to Cuba and Venezuela, we see human rights abuses and lack of justice.

Conflation, another dishonest debating tactic. Pathetic. Try reading this webpage; http://www.johntreed.com/debate.html
I take it you want to limit my writing to statistical tables and binary code?

Venezuela has a dictatorship, its democracy has been demolished by self styled communists who practice kleptofascism, the regime is subservient to the Cuban dictatorship. And I do get to read everyday emails from people who are desperate to leave. I don´t have bones to pick with the left in Venezuela. I consider most Venezuelans I know to be leftists, and my concern is over the lack of human rights, the stupid way they run the economy, and the way they have allowed the Cuban dictatorship to take over and steal billions which they send from Venezuela to Cuba.

By the way, I also saw an interesting post from Soulfly in the Latin American forum (it´s a comment in his post about an airline suspending flights into Venezuela).

Soulfly lives in Brazil, and says the current crisis has driven many lower class Venezuelans to flee to Brazil. He reports they taking the typical lower class jobs inmigrants with a poor background usually take. In the past few months I have received requests for help from poorer Venezuelans who wanted to leave, and I suggested they had to go to Colombia. But given Soulfly´s comment I think I will also suggest they consider other nations such as Brazil and possibly as far away as Chile, if they can afford the bus trip.
Most of the commenters againt your propaganda in this thread are not young. Thats simply how you respond to all crticism.
Social_Critic wrote:Venezuela has a dictatorship, its democracy has been demolished by self styled communists

Oh, self-styled communists, the worst kind. Why can't communists all get licensed with the International Communist Authenticity Association. It would make things a heck of a lot easier.

Social_Critic wrote:I take it you want to limit my writing to statistical tables and binary code?

But it would be so hard to manipulate those kinds of things into self interest. Why would you limit yourself to defensive-only languages like these?

Social_Critic wrote:I don´t have bones to pick with the left in Venezuela.

Social_Critic wrote:my concern is over the lack of human rights

"Lack of gravy train," you mean? Oh, those self-styled communists and their self-styled income redistribution.

mum wrote:I'm not sure why everyone else is simply dismissing everything you post

It's because we're naive. Sophisticated, worldly posters lap his anti-venezuela rants up like warm coconut milk from a frisbee.
Demosthenes wrote:Most of the commenters againt your propaganda in this thread are not young. Thats simply how you respond to all crticism.

I guess they must be "youthful thinking oldsters".

Notice how their comments (including yours) fail to deal with the issue at hand, mostly because these "youthful thinking oldsters" lack sufficient knowledge about the subject and have pre established positions and beliefs about the way things are in this world. It´s extremely difficult for an individual who has either been brainwashed or has self educated into believing "leftist" regimes can´t do any wrong (fill in rightist, fascist, zionist, islamist, or whatever suits you for their counterparts).

For example, I was reading a Venezuelan newspaper and found the following

En el último informe del Instituto Nacional de Estadística se señala 416.326 hogares pasaron a situación de pobreza en 2013, al pasar de 1.483.264 hogares pobres, en el segundo semestre de 2012 a 1.899.590 en el mismo período de 2013. Esto representa un incremento en la pobreza de 6,1% en un año.

http://www.el-nacional.com/sociedad/ano ... 58790.html

Translation

In the last report by the National Institute of Statistics it is shown that 416,326 homes moved into poverty in 2013, when the total number of poor households increased from 1 million 483 thousand, in the second semester of 2012, to 1 million 899 thousand in the same period of 2013. This represents an increment of 6.1 % in one year.

When I post a comment like this it is usually ignored. But I also get comments about the source being the "capitalist media", or that I´m writing propaganda and I´m right wing. Some even write banalities such as "the fate of the capitalist elite is to die".

It seems the full scope of the tragedy taking place in Venezuela is not understood by the youthful thinking oldsters who populate PoFo´s extreme left.

The key to understanding Venezuela´s current events is to realize that irrational policies carried out by the regime can´t be covered up with a flow of petrodollars, even when the prices are as high as they are. The irrational policies lead to increasing poverty. This can be coupled to a decaying infrastructure and health system, a very troubling crime wave which impacts the poor enormously, and the ongoing drama of human rights abuses, the flight of Venezuelans from their country, and the takeover of government by what seems to be mostly a bunch of thieves. These living conditions led to large protests starting in early February 2014. The degenerates who rule the country, Maduro, Cabello, several key Ministers, and of course Raul Castro and the Cuban viceroys who reside in Caracas, seem to think the only proper response is repression, and to kill democracy because they realize they won´t win future elections in the future.

So you can keep your blindfolds on, and you can carry on making fun if you wish. What we write here will be example for others who will study how human nature performs in the face of a tragedy like this. Why do I know this is going to happen? Because I´ll make sure this is used in several thesis by students writing about government breakdowns and descents into dictatorship, and the way humanity fails to respond when those failures occur. You will be quoted and what you write will be studied.
the total number of poor households increased from 1 million 483 thousand, in the second semester of 2012, to 1 million 899 thousand in the same period of 2013.

Rising income inequality is what destroyed Venezuelan society. It destroys all social systems if left unchecked.

But this is Gorkiy. Why the long, articulate thread?
Venezuelan Protests: Another Attempt by U.S.-Backed Right-Wing Groups to Oust Elected Government?, February 20, 2014 wrote:
What is happening in Venezuela today?

GEORGE CICCARIELLO-MAHER: Well, there’s a great deal happening, and I think you’ve got your finger on the fact that this is a crucial test for the Maduro government. And I think it’s our obligation to put it in its broad historical context to understand who’s acting. And I think there’s a tendency—there’s an unfortunate tendency, if you follow Twitter or if you’re on the Internet, that, you know, in this sort of post-Occupy moment and in the aftermath of the Arab Spring, every time we see—every time we see protesters in the streets, we start retweeting it, and we start to sort of, you know, feel sympathetic, without necessarily knowing what the back story is. And I think we’re obligated to do that here. And once we look into this back story, what we see is yet another attempt in a long string of attempts of the Venezuelan opposition to oust a democratically elected government, this time taking advantage of student mobilizations against—you know, ostensibly against insecurity and against economic difficulties to do that.

JUAN GONZÁLEZ: Well, George Ciccariello, who is Leopoldo López? The Washington Post describes him as a 42-year-old, Harvard-educated, left-leaning moderate. What do you know about his history?

GEORGE CICCARIELLO-MAHER: Left-leaning moderate would be quite a stretch. Leopoldo López represents the far right of the Venezuelan political spectrum. In terms of his personal and political history, here’s someone who was educated in the United States from prep school through graduate school at the Harvard Kennedy School. He’s descended from the first president of Venezuela, purportedly even from Simón Bolívar. In other words, he’s a representative of this traditional political class that was displaced when the Bolivarian revolution came to power.

In terms of his very specific political history, his first party that he came to power as a representative of, Primero Justicia, was formed through the—at the intersection of corruption and U.S. intervention—corruption by his mother purportedly funneling funds, you know, from Venezuela’s oil company into this new party and, on the other hand, funding from the NED, from USAID, from U.S. government institutions, to so-called civil society organizations. Now, after—as Chávez came to power, the traditional parties of Venezuela collapsed, and both the domestic opposition and the U.S. government needed to create some other vehicle through which to oppose the Chávez government, and this party that Leopoldo López came to power through is one of those—is one of those vehicles. So this is really where he’s coming from.

In this moment, though, even his former compatriot from that party, Henrique Capriles, who was the unified presidential candidate for the opposition in April, has realized that the line of taking street action in an attempt to oust a democratic government is simply not going to work. And Leopoldo López, as well as other far-right leaders like María Corina Machado and Antonio Ledezma have really gone all-in with this attempt to oust the government.

AMY GOODMAN: So, shortly after Leopoldo López’s arrest, his opposition Popular Will party released a video of him speaking that was apparently filmed before he surrendered to Venezuelan government troops. This is part of what López said.

LEOPOLDO LÓPEZ: [translated] I would like to tell all Venezuelans that I do not regret what we have done thus far, like the call we put out for the protests, which is what we’ve been doing for some time. But on the 12th of February, on the Day of Youth, hundreds of thousands of people took to the streets of Venezuela, not only in Caracas like in the past, but in all of Venezuela, in the cities and in the towns. There were 10 or 50 or a thousand or 10,000 or even 70,000, but the people came out. The people woke up. Venezuela today, more than ever, needs you, who are watching this, and that each one of us takes on the commitment to want change. But that commitment cannot be passive. That commitment has to be active.

AMY GOODMAN: So that’s Leopoldo López. Also, President Maduro has thrown out three consular officials, U.S. consular officials, saying they’re involved with supporting the opposition. Can you talk about this, George Ciccariello-Maher?

GEORGE CICCARIELLO-MAHER: Sure. Well, the Obama government continues to fund this opposition even more openly than did the Bush—than did the Bush regime. If you look at the budget there, you know, Obama specifically requested funding for these Venezuelan opposition groups despite—you know, despite anti-democratic activity in the past, despite the fact that López and others were involved in signatories of the coup in 2002 and engaged in violent actions that they were brought up on charges for in 2002. And so, for López to come now and to claim that he’s an actor for democracy in the streets is really quite—you know, quite laughable. But what he is trying to do is to really seize control of this opposition away from the more moderate elements.

And there’s an interesting question here, namely the fact that the Venezuelan government, if we listen to the words of Leopoldo López’s wife, her recent statements—the Venezuelan government acted to protect the life of López, who was under certain threats, you know, threats to his life. And the Venezuelan government, if we look at the way that López was arrested, was very generous, and indeed much more generous than López has been in the past, during the coup, for example, when he led these sort of witch hunts for Chavista ministers who were brought out and beaten publicly on the way to being arrested. And you may wonder—López was allowed to speak the other day when he was arrested for several minutes on a megaphone by those—by the troops who were arresting him. And you may ask why—you know, why is the Maduro government being, in many ways, so gentle with this leader? And the reality is, they may prefer him as the leader of the opposition because he’s someone that simply can’t be elected president in Venezuela, because he really does represent that upper, upper crust of Venezuelan elites.

JUAN GONZÁLEZ: Well, the pictures that we’re getting in the commercial media here in the United States is of a Venezuela that is spiraling out of control with rising crime, with scarcities of food, with high inflation. What is your assessment of the actual situation in the country right now?

GEORGE CICCARIELLO-MAHER: To be perfectly clear, food scarcity has been a problem, and insecurity is a massive problem in Venezuela. And both of these are really deep and intractable problems that have—you know, that have some relationship to government, government failures to confront them in certain ways, but also to the action of various other actors. In the case of crime, the infiltration of mafias has been a powerful force in recent years. And in the case of scarcity, the role of private capitalists in withholding and hoarding goods, as well as currency speculation, has been a massively destructive force that really echoes the kind of Chile scenario of helping to destroy an economy as a preparation for the government being overthrown.

But the reality is, these do not—these two factors, which the students are claiming are driving these protests, are really—they don’t explain why these protests are emerging now. Why? Because crime is actually going down, as we speak, and because food scarcity is not nearly as bad as it was earlier in the year. Rather, what explains what’s going on now is that this is the moment in which—after December elections, in which the opposition fared very poorly, this is the moment in which the right wing of that opposition has said, "Enough. You know, once again, enough. We’re done with elections. We’re going to go to the streets, and we’re going to try to topple this government."

But, you know, in the meantime, the Venezuelan revolutionary movements, the popular organizations, that are, after all, the foundation of this government, this is never—this was never about Chávez, the individual. It is not about Maduro, the individual today. But it’s instead about millions and millions of Venezuelans who are building a better democracy, a deeper and more direct democracy, who are building social movements and organizations and workers’ councils and student councils and peasant councils, and as well as local communes. These people are continuing to struggle and are continuing to build. And while they’re certainly coming out to defend the Maduro government, they’re sort of focused on a much broader horizon. And this distraction, that’s largely confined to the wealthiest areas of Caracas, the sort of Beverly Hills of Caracas, is not going to sort of push them away from that task.

AMY GOODMAN: And the U.S. role?

GEORGE CICCARIELLO-MAHER: The U.S. continues to fund this opposition. I think we’ll probably find out afterward, as we usually do, to what degree the U.S.'s hand has been actually involved in these processes. But the reality is this is a—this is a miscalculation by the opposition. I think it's doubtful that the United States has told the opposition to take this tack, because it’s not a very strategic tack. But, you know, we know that this is an opposition that’s been in direct contact with the embassy, that it receives funding from the United States government. And so, this is—against the broad backdrop of U.S. intervention and the funding of the Venezuelan opposition, this is the action of an autonomous Venezuelan opposition that is going to, once again, it looks like, tear itself apart.

AMY GOODMAN: George Ciccariello-Maher, we want to thank you for being with us, author of We Created Chávez: A People’s History of the Venezuelan Revolution, teaches political science at Drexel University in Philadelphia. This is Democracy Now! We’ll be back in a minute, going to the border, Tucson, to talk about the latest killing of a person on the border by border control agents. Stay with us.

US support for regime change in Venezuela is a mistake: The US push to topple the Venezuelan government of Nicolas Maduro once again pits Washington against South America, February, 18 2014 wrote:Image

When is it considered legitimate to try and overthrow a democratically-elected government? In Washington, the answer has always been simple: when the US government says it is. Not surprisingly, that's not the way Latin American governments generally see it.

On Sunday, the Mercosur governments (Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay, and Venezuela) released a statement on the past week's demonstrations in Venezuela. They described "the recent violent acts" in Venezuela as "attempts to destabilize the democratic order". They made it abundantly clear where they stood.

The governments stated:

their firm commitment to the full observance of democratic institutions and, in this context, [they] reject the criminal actions of violent groups that want to spread intolerance and hatred in the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela as a political tool.

We may recall that when much larger demonstrations rocked Brazil last year, there were no statements from Mercosur or neighboring governments. That's not because they didn't love President Dilma Rousseff; it's because these demonstrations did not seek to topple Brazil's democratically-elected government.

The Obama administration was a bit more subtle, but also made it clear where it stood. When Secretary of State John Kerry states that "We are particularly alarmed by reports that the Venezuelan government has arrested or detained scores of anti-government protestors," he is taking a political position. Because there were many protestors who committed crimes: they attacked and injured police with chunks of concrete and Molotov cocktails; they burned cars, trashed and sometimes set fire to government buildings; and committed other acts of violence and vandalism.

An anonymous State Department spokesman was even clearer last week, when he responded to the protests by expressing concern about the government's "weakening of democratic institutions in Venezuela", and said that there was an obligation for "government institutions [to] respond effectively to the legitimate economic and social needs of its citizens". He was joining the opposition's efforts to de-legitimize the government, a vital part of any "regime change" strategy.

Of course we all know who the US government supports in Venezuela. They don't really try to hide it: there's $5m in the 2014 US federal budget for funding opposition activities inside Venezuela, and this is almost certainly the tip of the iceberg – adding to the hundreds of millions of dollars of overt support over the past 15 years.

But what makes these current US statements important, and angers governments in the region, is that they are telling the Venezuelan opposition that Washington is once again backing regime change. Kerry did the same thing in April of last year when Maduro was elected president and opposition presidential candidate Henrique Capriles claimed that the election was stolen. Kerry refused to recognize the election results. Kerry's aggressive, anti-democratic posture brought such a strong rebuke from South American governments that he was forced to reverse course and tacitly recognize the Maduro government. (For those who did not follow these events, there was no doubt about the election results.)

Kerry's recognition of the election results put an end to the opposition's attempt to de-legitimize the elected government. After Maduro's party won municipal elections by a wide margin in December, the opposition was pretty well defeated. Inflation was running at 56% and there were widespread shortages of consumer goods, yet a solid majority had still voted for the government. Their choice could not be attributed to the personal charisma of Hugo Chávez, who died nearly a year ago; nor was it irrational. Although the past year or so has been rough, the past 11 years – since the government got control over the oil industry – have brought large gains in living standards to the majority of Venezuelans who were previously marginalized and excluded.

There were plenty of complaints about the government and the economy, but the rich, right-wing politicians who led the opposition did not reflect their values nor inspire their trust.

Opposition leader Leopoldo López – competing with Capriles for leadership –has portrayed the current demonstrations as something that could force Maduro from office. It was obvious that there was, and remains, no peaceful way that this could happen. As University of Georgia professor David Smilde has argued, the government has everything to lose from violence in the demonstrations, and the opposition has something to gain.

By the past weekend Capriles, who was initially wary of a potentially violent "regime change" strategy – was apparently down with program. According to Bloomberg News, he accused the government of "infiltrating the peaceful protests "to convert them into centers of violence and suppression".

Meanwhile, López is taunting Maduro on Twitter after the government made the mistake of threatening to arrest him: "Don't you have the guts to arrest me?" he tweeted on 14 February:

no tienes las agallas para meterme preso? O esperas ordenes de La Habana? Te lo digo: La verdad esta de nuestro lado

Hopefully the government will not take the bait. US support for regime change undoubtedly inflames the situation, since Washington has so much influence within the opposition and, of course, in the hemispheric media.

It took a long time for the opposition to accept the results of democratic elections in Venezuela. They tried a military coup, backed by the US in 2002; when that failed they tried to topple the government with an oil strike. They lost an attempt to recall the president in 2004 and cried foul; then they boycotted National Assembly elections for no reason the following year. The failed attempt to de-legitimize last April's presidential election was a return to this dark but not-so-distant past. It remains to be seen how far they will go this time to win by other means what they have not been able to win at the ballot box, and how long they will have Washington's support for regime change in Venezuela.

Venezuela is not a dictatorship. The US is once again bringing a country to the brink because they don't like who the country elected. You are squarely against democracy. Don't act otherwise.
I guess you must be in the USA listening to Amy Goodman, Cigarrello Majer and all? I lived in Venezuela and speak fluent Spanish, have lots of friends in Venezuela and right now I'm helping some of them send their children out as the country collapses.

I suggest you read this post

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=156903

It will give you better information than the old material ms Goodman gets from Eva Golinger so she can work as a paid dictatorship apologizer. Cigarrello is also a paid agent, what he has to say about Venezuela isn't worth a cup of cat diarrhea. Like Danny deVito in Romancing the Stone said: "pfuah! I speeto on that gringo!"
Social_Critic wrote:I guess they must be "youthful thinking oldsters"

No, just people smart enough to spot what you really are, regardless of age. There's a name for the debating tactic you constantly employ because you don't appear able to deal with any criticism of your ridiculous posts: Ad hominem. This is where you can't attack the argument because you know you are spinning everything your way, and instead you attack the man, or the user addressing your arguments. This is all your statement above amounts to, it's ad hominem completely.

Frankly none of us care what or who you think we are, we just care that your arguments are always so very slanted toward the US state department's official line.

Social_Critic wrote:Notice how their comments (including yours) fail to deal with the issue at hand,

WE have dealt with it mightily and correctly, notice how your comments ALWAYS and let's face it here I really mean ALWAYS duck, dodge, warble, ad hom, distract, and downright lie about the issues you trumpet?

Yes. It's called propaganda for a reason.

Social_Critic wrote:lack sufficient knowledge about the subject

Yes, you the self-styled world weary genius traveler who has been everywhere in the 20th century from Russia to Cuba to Venezuela (and are now blabbering openly about it on the internet... like all the other people who really were in these place do... )is telling us how much smarter he is than everyone else, and that is why his version of events are true and nothing seen or heard elsewhere is.

Social_Critic wrote:It´s extremely difficult for an individual who has either been brainwashed or has self educated into believing "leftist" regimes can´t do any wrong

I believe several have articulated a stance that simply endorses the anti-Imperial stance of Venezuela against the West without actually specifically endorsing Venezuela. Its typical of ideologues that they can't separate the nuanced opinions of their learned opponents though so I'm not entirely surprised. Let's face it, this is exactly the way the US state department debates anyone... anytime.

Social_Critic wrote:For example, I was reading a Venezuelan newspaper and found the following

As you don't read links and articles, neither can anyone else be bothered to waste time with your drivel.

Social_Critic wrote:When I post a comment like this it is usually ignored

No, its always ignored because everyone knows your just an ideologue posting the same 'ole crap you ever post. Its ignored because you have no credibility up to this point.

Social_Critic wrote:It seems the full scope of the tragedy taking place in Venezuela is not understood by the youthful thinking oldsters who populate PoFo´s extreme left.

We understand quite well that the bourgeois who were removed (rightly) deserve to stay the hell out of Venezuela, and we further understand that the US will do or say anything to crack open the door of international Capitalism so that they may exploit them to their fullest. Hence money makers in the US have much in common with the excommunicated domestic bourgeois of Venezuela.

Social_Critic wrote:So you can keep your blindfolds on, and you can carry on making fun if you wish.

And you can carry on peddling the same 'ole state department lies and obfuscations if you wish but this isn't going to change the opposition to your posts.

Social_Critic wrote:What we write here will be example for others who will study how human nature performs in the face of a tragedy like this. Why do I know this is going to happen? Because I´ll make sure this is used in several thesis by students writing about government breakdowns and descents into dictatorship, and the way humanity fails to respond when those failures occur. You will be quoted and what you write will be studied.

Those in the know on this forum will understand this comment very well:

You're a real Millie. Do your worst.

Social_Critic wrote:Because somebody moved the OP here and changed the subject title, and it does get attention. And because I was waiting for my pizza to be ready.

Yes, that totally happened in a vacuum because you were completely innocent and being picked on.

Or maybe it was because you posted a misleading thread title that had nothing to do with the article but got people to look at your spam where they would not have otherwise?

But yeah, sure... you're completely on the level in all ways all the time.
However, did you notice your posts tend to be attacks on this personage known as Social Critic, and ignore the subject at hand? Did it sink in that poverty increased in Venezuela in 2013? You don´t get it? The economic failures lead to a lot of discontent. This leads to protests, protests lead the government to become much more repressive. Today Venezuela´s democracy is essentially dead. They keep a semblance of democracy, they vote, and some opposition politicians are allowed to "win" to keep the pretense. But at the national level what they have is an evolving dictatorship.

This is why last week they announced new rules to censor the cable, and told CNN´s correspondent in Caracas he couldn´t have a permit to do his work. They are gradually moving towards a full scale dictatorship while keeping the pretense of having a democracy. Now discuss the subject if you wish.

Bulaba Jones wrote:Holy shit Social Critic.

Why should I stop responding when it's so evident I have the upper hand given my connections to Venezuela and my ability to read Spanish?

Do you realize your reaction is caused by the bad news you are reading? Poverty is increasing in Venezuela. This is a fact. The whole country is going into a full scale economic and social breakdown. We have a PoFo member rom Brazil reporting he's seeing a flood of poor Venezuelans showing up to take menial jobs. I'm getting requests from friends to help their children escape. Airlines are dropping service, there's no electricity and water, there are food shortages, government repression continues to escalate, and meanwhile we see the idiot at the top wasting time giving stupid speeches and making nazi salutes

Let's make this simple to see if some actual argument will take place.

Are you guys making the assertion that poverty is NOT increasing in Venezuela ?
Even if it is, privatisations and de-regulations would only increase it. Which is what Social Critic proposes. ROFL!
redcarpet wrote:Even if it is, privatisations and de-regulations would only increase it. Which is what Social Critic proposes. ROFL!

So wide scale nationalization and regulation is causing an increase in poverty, but you say privatisation and de-regulation causes more increase in poverty.....

Bulaba Jones wrote:First you say Maduro is a communist. Now you say he's a fascist and you say he's the same as Hitler.

Whats the difference ?
redcarpet wrote:Even if it is, privatisations and de-regulations would only increase it. Which is what Social Critic proposes. ROFL!

My proposal would shift Venezuela back to a rational economic regime, such as we see practiced in Peru, Chile and Brazil. These right wing regimes have been performing much better. If Venezuela remains under Maduro's emerging dictatorship poverty will continue increasing, protests will escalate and we may see the country fall into total chaos like in Somalia and Afghanistan.

As mum points out current policies are causing very steep increases in poverty. This has to be undone urgently.

He is still under checks and balances while other[…]

So the evidence shows that it was almost certainly[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The claim is a conditional statement. This is one[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I don't know who are you are referring to, but th[…]