Cuban Politics - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties from Mexico to Argentina.

Moderator: PoFo Latin America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Social_Critic wrote:If(sic) Fidel Castro Fascist?

No.
Fascism is a thing. It has a definition. It is not a generic term of abuse for people you don't like.
What makes this truly bizarre is that you'd think that anti-communists would be more than happy to paint Fidel Castro's apparently abysmal record as an example of "what can happen when* communism goes bad". Which is what it is.

Instead, we are regaled with strange attempts to relabel the Cuban regime.

* This is not to proclaim that communism always 'goes bad', but that this is certainly an example of when it does.
Last edited by Rei Murasame on 10 Mar 2014 10:57, edited 1 time in total.
The first line, defining fascism, is total fail. I didn't bother reading the rest of that garbage. Of course, sc has long tried to redefine fascism to score some cheap political ad hom instead of looking at the picture as a whole.
Social_Critic seems to have a thing for attacking Latin American countries that resist the US sphere of influence. Is Bolivia next?
I´m just pointing out a large body of writing exists which points out the so called communist revolution in Cuba has fascist attributes. As it moves away from stalinist communism it takes on more of a fascist tinge. To me the two, communism and fascism, are very close in the sense that both rely on dictatorship and human rights abuses.

And the interesting thing is to read how you continue to deny that communists do indeed turn into fascists over time. It´s an inexorable process, a product of human nature coupled to historical forces.

And solastalgia, try again. You missed.

For those who can read Spanish, here´s an interesting article by Hermann Hudde about Madurista fascism. Hermann isn´t a political scientist, but he does have a large audience.

http://runrun.es/inbox/106480/maduro-qu ... hudde.html

And from a Spanish newspaper

http://www.abc.es/internacional/2013081 ... 62141.html
Do you even know what fascism is, Social_Critic? Just because you hate the Cuban regime, it doesn't mean that it's fascist.
By Decky
The price of a daysaver went up by 10p last year. Travel West Midlands are fascists.
And the interesting thing is to read how you continue to deny that communists do indeed turn into fascists over time. It´s an inexorable process, a product of human nature coupled to historical forces.

Does it maybe make you question your position when everyone else in the world, expert and layman, thinks your unsourced observation of "human nature" is batshit crazy?

I mean, at what point could you step back and say, "Maybe it's not everyone else who is wrong for knowing and using the definitions of words; maybe I'm wrong for making up new definitions of words and then trying to use it as a crude slur to back up my lack of citations and general knowledge about a subject?"
By Decky
Once we ran out of coffee and when we went to the Co-Op there was no coffee at all on offer and we had to wait weeks for some to come on offer. The Co-Op supermarket are fascists.
By fuser
Decky, you are obviously right. Then I don't get it, why TIG is disagreeing with SC, is TIG some kind of fascist?
The Immortal Goon wrote:Bad joke. Hitler was clearly not fascist since he wasn't a communist first. Obviously fascism comes from communism :Borg:

I'm sure Social_Critic will chime in here saying that Hitler was a crypto-communist.
Maybe SC is secretly Madonna. She was making a fuss, calling Maduro a fascist, a couple of weeks ago.

SC, and Madonna fit perfectly into the US MSM's empty insults calling any Latin politician fascist, if they resist US hegemony in the region.

I'm wondering if SC considers Simon Bolivar a fascist, as well.
By Varax
Not this again...

It's sad how liberals continue to trot out this "communism and fascism are basically the same" line based on a few superficial elements of the superstructure while ignoring literally everything else. Communists and fascists themselves are quick to point out the differences of course and since this forum is filled with both that cheap propaganda tactic isn't going to stick around here.
I think we can lump authoritarian and repressive regimes as one species. They gave subspecies

Homo represens communistensis
Homo represens fascistensis
Homo represens religicus

Also we revolutionaries can be classified according to our tendencies. I'm for human rights and justice.

Wake me up when you have something to replace it.[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I love how everybody is rambling about printing m[…]

Also, the Russians are apparently not fans of Isra[…]

Wars still happen. And violent crime is blooming,[…]