Guatemala Just Elected a Comedian with No Political Exp - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties from Mexico to Argentina.

Moderator: PoFo Latin America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Jimmy Morales, a television comedian with zero political experience whatsoever just won the presidential election in Guatemala with 70% of the votes. He is literally known as the Stephen Colbert of Guatemala. What’s remarkable is he started with a 1% approval at the beginning of the race.

Just shows anything can happen. Even maybe Trump for president.

[Source] [Where I Get My Articles]
blackhawk wrote:Jimmy Morales, a television comedian with zero political experience whatsoever just won the presidential election in Guatemala with 70% of the votes. He is literally known as the Stephen Colbert of Guatemala. What’s remarkable is he started with a 1% approval at the beginning of the race.

Just shows anything can happen. Even maybe Trump for president.

[Source] [Where I Get My Articles]

Guacamole is not a country.
Beren wrote:It's an interesting trend that people tend to associate politics with comedy. The US and Guatemala are really different countries, so it can happen anywhere. I wonder whether Trump will fire people live on television the same way as he signs executive orders.

If only he would do that, some people in the least deserve a good firing..I would prefer beheadings.
Nice burn, Beren. :D

Having political experience is certainly a boon, but it isn't necessary. You merely need someone who is smart enough to make sure they have good people working for them. That's what good leadership is all about.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@Godstud did you ever have to go through any of […]

@FiveofSwords Bamshad et al. (2004) showed, […]

Let's set the philosophical questions to the side[…]

It's the Elite of the USA that is "jealous&q[…]