Guatemala Just Elected a Comedian with No Political Exp - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties from Mexico to Argentina.

Moderator: PoFo Latin America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Jimmy Morales, a television comedian with zero political experience whatsoever just won the presidential election in Guatemala with 70% of the votes. He is literally known as the Stephen Colbert of Guatemala. What’s remarkable is he started with a 1% approval at the beginning of the race.

Just shows anything can happen. Even maybe Trump for president.

[Source] [Where I Get My Articles]
blackhawk wrote:Jimmy Morales, a television comedian with zero political experience whatsoever just won the presidential election in Guatemala with 70% of the votes. He is literally known as the Stephen Colbert of Guatemala. What’s remarkable is he started with a 1% approval at the beginning of the race.

Just shows anything can happen. Even maybe Trump for president.

[Source] [Where I Get My Articles]

Guacamole is not a country.
Beren wrote:It's an interesting trend that people tend to associate politics with comedy. The US and Guatemala are really different countries, so it can happen anywhere. I wonder whether Trump will fire people live on television the same way as he signs executive orders.

If only he would do that, some people in the least deserve a good firing..I would prefer beheadings.
Nice burn, Beren. :D

Having political experience is certainly a boon, but it isn't necessary. You merely need someone who is smart enough to make sure they have good people working for them. That's what good leadership is all about.

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]