Death Threats against LILIA SOLANO->URGENT ACTION - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties from Mexico to Argentina.

Moderator: PoFo Latin America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
By Wilhelm
This is a sad case, and yet another reason why paramilitaries are just criminals.
Last edited by Wilhelm on 29 Aug 2004 23:26, edited 1 time in total.
By bach
Well, I dont think lilia solano is the first person to receive death threats, however, it shouldnt be happening but thats part of the day to day life in Colombia.

I think she should be very careful, because the right wing movement is not only practicing a military war, also a academic one, by pushing their agendas inside educative institutions.

This has been demonstrated in the northern regions of the country where the paramilitary groups do continious auditings of universities as well as all other government intitutions.

Yet, it is going to be a lot harder for them to exercise control in the capital, and even more in public intitutions like La Nacional, where there are strong left wing movements and university cells operated by FARC.
By Wilhelm
However, paramilitaries still have a lot of power when it comes to murdering people for leaning a bit to the left. Such was the case of comedian Jaime Garzon who worked to liberate kidnapped people, and in the meantime negotiated with FARC. Garzon was killed by a hired murderer, and after 5 years, the material author of his death is yet to be found (the intelectual author was Carlos Castaño, former leader of AUC now presumed to be dead).

I am pretty sure it is illegal in Canada to harass[…]

I like how @Puffer Fish starts these feel good […]

Your definition of race is "clusters" w[…]

You're all a buncha prudes. GET LAID! I’m trying[…]