Crimes in the USA, run to Brazil. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties from Mexico to Argentina.

Moderator: PoFo Latin America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Hola!

Is it true that Brazil has no extra-dition (sic) treaty with the USA? Can I commit a crime that would net me a sizable amount of money and try to make it to Brazil, then I would be free?

I read about a man from my hometown who took his children to Brazil after a divorce (he did not have custody) and was nabbed in Brazil, so what is the truth?

I would enjoy living in South America if I could off a bank and live the rest of my life in luxury. But I know that it is never that easy.

Senor
By bach
humm :eh:

Thats agood question, and my guess is that the Brazilian government will extradite the criminal, yet it is very unlikely they can find you, unless you are listed in the INTERPOL, it always comes on handy to change your name

moreover the Brazilian authorities are known for being very inefective and corrupted, so brides are very usefull

Nonetheless, all depends what type of crime you commited and who you know, diplomatic pressure is very important in this cases,

here is a list of the crimes you dont want to commit, this is an old statue so is better that you look up the new ones before doing anything.

1. Voluntary homicide, when such act is punishable in the United States of America, comprehending the crimes of poisoning and infanticide; murder; manslaughter.

2. Abortion.

3. Rape and other offences against chastity committed with violence.

4. Bigamy.

5. Abduction, willfully and wrongfully depriving any person of natural liberty.

6. Kidnapping or child stealing.

7. Arson.

8. Piracy, by statute or by the law of nations when the state in which the offender is found has no jurisdiction; revolt, or conspiracy to revolt, by two or more persons on board a ship on the high seas, against the authority of the master; to willfully and wrongfully cause shipwreck; to wrongfully and willfully collide with a vessel; to wrongfully and willfully scuttle a vessel for the purpose of sinking it; to wrongfully and willfully destroy a vessel on the high seas.

9. Wrongful and willful destruction or obstruction of railroads which endangers human life.

10. Counterfeiting, falsifying or altering money of any kind, or of legally authorized bank notes which circulate as money; to utter or to give circulation to any such counterfeited, falsified or altered money; the falsification of instruments of debt created by national, state or municipal governments, or of the coupons thereof; counterfeiting, falsifying or altering seals of the federal or state governments; to knowingly use any such instruments or papers.

11. Forgery, the utterance of forged papers; forgery or falsification of official acts of government, of public authorities, or of courts of justice, of public or private instruments; the use or the utterance of the thing forged or falsified.

12. Perjury, or to bear false witness; to suborn or bribe a witness.

13. Fraud committed by a depositor, banker, agent, broker, treasurer, director, member or employee of any company or corporation.

14. Embezzlement, consisting in the misappropriation or theft of public moneys, committed in file jurisdiction of one of the contracting parties, by a public officer or depositary.

15. Embezzlement, or theft of moneys, committed by persons salaried or employed, to the detriment of those who employ them.

16. Burglary, defined to be the act of entering during the night, by breaking or climbing, the dwelling-house of another, with intent to commit, a felony; robbery, defined to be the act of feloniously and forcibly taking from another money or goods of any value, by violence, or putting in fear, and known in the Brazilian Penal Code as roubo.

17. Complicity in or attempts at the commission of any of the crimes specified in the preceding sections, provided that such complicity or attempt be punishable by the laws of the country from whence the extradition is demanded.

http://www.yale.edu/lawweb/avalon/diplo ... azil04.htm
Hola!

About five years ago, an armoured bank guard held up his own unit and robbed the car of between 10-20 million dollars (whatever it was, it was quite a haul). This dude, I believe was making 7-7.50 dollars per hour at this job, barely enough to survive on in a 40 hour week. He tied the other guard up to a tree after the heist, but did not shoot him or harm him.

The dude while running made the national news in the USA. He ran to Mexico for a while, then tried to enter back to the USA thru Texas, where he was stopped and arrested.

The FBI, during a search of his apartment found brochures of Brasil lying around. When hje came across the Mexico/Texas border (with the loot or part of it) he gave as an alias as his roomate. Of course the FBI had this information, his picture and everything else, and probably this slob is now doing 20 years no parole in a tight little Federal pen.

I think this guy was cool in a way, but he really F-ed up in the end. I would bribed every guard from here to Brasil with money, plus, I would of picked an alias right off the bat, had that named certified thru a drivers license or something before I committed this caper, (considering that this dude never committed a crime before, I cannot do this, because I have been arrested before, the FBI has a copy of my prints and the armoured company would of done a background check)

I would like to be sitting on a beach in Brasil, Cambodia, Thailand or Syria laughing at the insurance company that had to pay for all the money I stole from them. Yee Haw. A fantasy unfulfilled.

Senor
By bach
Its funny because with the new laws adopted by the brazilian government it has become harder, remember american tourist are being check at brazilian airoports.

As far as the guy goes, he should have remained in Mexico, and waited for at least thre years and then try to go somewhere else.

Of course, Morgan Freeman is black. He conforms t[…]

My take from this discussion is that @QatzelOk w[…]

Semafor. :lol: The Intercept :lol:

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This is why they are committed to warmongering.[…]