Frente Amplio - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties from Mexico to Argentina.

Moderator: PoFo Latin America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
By Augur79
My fathers from the South American country of Uruguay. There they have a leftist alliance called Frente Amplio. if you can read spanish, go check it out: http://www.asamblea.org.uy/frente.htm
By bach
I really don know that much about Uruguay politics, thaths why I thank you for posting that link.

I'll read it as soon as posible so that I can comment on it. :)
By Augur79
No problem :)
By bach
Well, it took me a month to free up some time in order toread the web page, but surely I did manage to get some background into th uruguay politics.

For what I read, el frente amplio is a very lager, i will say a too large of a left movement, I say that because, the bigger the movement becomes the looser the leadership and ideologies become.

However, I read as well about the facist dictatorship that took place afer the 73, that being one of the reasons I guess for the growing leftist politics among he citizens.

As far as I read, The movement seems to be very well organized and to some extent focused in real issues like social issues, and not so much on antaonistic issues like the ones that characterized the south american left movements.
By Quántero
The Uruguayan people are far too prosperous to feel the need to fool with communism.

Communism is a happy dream that lives in the hearts and minds of people below the poverty line in Third World countries.

The prosperous, well-cultured people of Uruguay will never embrace Communism; and I applaud them.

Re: Why do Americans automatically side with Ukra[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@Godstud did you ever have to go through any of t[…]

Gaza is not under Israeli occupation. Telling […]

https://twitter.com/ShadowofEzra/status/178113719[…]