Inter-Jew Debate - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
By AmesMedio
http://www.counterspin.tv

"ISRAEL AT A CROSSROADS"
Wednesday, October 8, 2003

"The roadmap to middle east peace is in tatters as violence escalates and recriminations fly. Should Israel stick with Prime Minister Ariel Sharon’s approach, or is time for a major shift in policy? Special guest Alan Dershowitz – defence attorney, Harvard professor and author of “The Case for Israel” – will be in the Toronto studio for a debate among members of the Jewish community on the current crisis and the future of the Jewish state. Deshowitz will debate Rabbi Michael Lerner, editor of Tikkun Magazine."

check out the rm format debate between these two. Interesting stuff, even though a lot of it is the party line.
By smashthestate
*sigh*

I am thoroughly exhausted about discussing this topic. My belief is that no matter how many debates we have, or not matter how many "cease fires" are declared, there will never be a middle ground to reach.

I think it's simple to say that both the Palistinians AND the Israelis want full control of the territory. Each side is equally reluctant to made concessions to the other side, and thus, the conflict will probably perpetuate until the end of the Earth, or until a major outside force intervenes.

I was not talking about the past. Welll white pe[…]

Quiz for 'educated' historians

Igniz never has any idea what I am saying. He doe[…]

You haven't shown shit. And there are more examp[…]

What does this question have to do with my commen[…]