Syrian war thread - Page 136 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
By Balancer
Putin today visited Syria. He announced the end of the main phase of Russia's military operation in Syria.

photo_2017-12-11_15-39-49.jpg
photo_2017-12-11_15-39-49.jpg (64.85 KiB) Viewed 1443 times

In recent weeks, at the final stage of the operation, Russian aviation has inflicted 250 air strikes a day.
By Rich
Assad's survival is remarkable, Israel and Saudi Arabia I congratulate you on bringing about this remarkable outcome.

Now I always said Israel would veto the removal of the Assad regime. I predicted this years before the Arab spring when this was just a hypothetical. Yes to the nieve it might have seemed at one point as if victory for the Muslim brotherhood was inevitable. One thing I did not predict was the crucial role Saudi Arabia would play in stopping a Muslim brotherhood victory and the single minded dedication with which they would pursue this objective.

Remember when the big false flag chemical attack happened. Our Muslim lover leaders were in a pickel, they could hardly call out the Sunni Arab Muslim terrorists for the false false attack, although it clearly went against the wishes of their Jewish masters. So it was Ed Miliband recently returned from a pilgrimage to Israel who delivered the coup de grace. The goy David Cameron was humiliated. At the same time Israel's Republican agents in Congress made quite clear that they would stab Obama in the back if he did bomb Syria.
By Balancer
Interesting video. This is the drop of humanitarian aid in Syria, but the most interesting here is with ~ 01:06 :)

By Balancer
In my opinion, I forgot to put this video here a month ago. The Russian long-range bombers Tu-23M3 again inflicted air strikes against ISIS in Syria in the Abu-Kemal area. In addition, the submarine "Kolpino" also struck with cruise missiles "Caliber". A rare case, the video shows not only the launches of missiles, but also a submarine from the inside :)

By Balancer
The sheepdog meets its master, the sapper who returned from Syria.

photo_2017-12-12_19-50-15.jpg
photo_2017-12-12_19-50-15.jpg (100.81 KiB) Viewed 1383 times

Russian sappers did a great job in Syria. And it was exclusively peaceful work.
By Balancer
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States is voicing skepticism about Russian President Vladimir Putin’s announcement of a major withdrawal of Russian troops from Syria.

Marine Major Adrian Rankine-Galloway, a Pentagon spokesman, said the United States had not observed any significant withdrawal since Putin’s announcement.

Although he did not predict future moves, he said: “There have been no meaningful reductions in combat troops following Russia’s previous announcements planned departures from Syria.”

- [url='https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-usa-russia/u-s-wary-of-putins-declaration-of-military-victory-in-syria-idUSKBN1E62L7']U.S. wary of Putin's declaration of military victory in Syria[/url]

I do not even know whether to laugh or be sad because of such widely circulated news. At the Pentagon, everything has become so bad with intelligence or are they so openly lying? This statement was made on 12 December. But already on December 12, YouTube was filled with videos with the return to Russia of the first Russian military from Syria.

(This is not even talking about the fact that starting the withdrawal of troops the next day after the announcement of this - this is very high speed)

Return of the crew of the A-50 aircraft to the airfield in the Ivanovo region after completing the tasks in Syria. (I recall that the withdrawal of AWACS aircraft in the existing relations with NATO in Syria already automatically indicates that major air operations will no longer be.)

And this is the return to the airfield of the main basing of the Tu-22M3, which flew to Syria from the territory of Dagestan:

Similarly, the return of another Tu-22M3 group to the Murmansk region.

By Balancer
The funny thing is that on the same day when the Pentagon announced that it does not see the withdrawal of Russian troops from Syria, some western media saw it well :) Maybe the Pentagon should give a subscription to Euronews?

By Balancer
Fort Fun Indiana wrote:So, Russia hasnt left Syrai... I'm starting to think this Putin guy is not very truthful!

You, apparently, do not follow the news closely. Or you read the news where you are deceived. Russia has never said that it leaves Syria completely. It was stated that:

1. The Russian grouping in Syria is reduced three-fold. It's almost done. Almost all aviation returned to Russian airfields. The military police, most of the doctors, almost all the sappers, also returned home.

2. Russia has two military bases in Syria. This was announced a long time ago, now it was confirmed again.

What do you see as cheating? And who deceived you?
It needs to be said that these pilots are heroes. They defended a country from terrorism along with all the brave Syrian military forces. As a result Syria will not become a hell state like that of Libya or Iraq. The Christian minorities and others will be able to live.
By Balancer
Political Interest wrote:As a result Syria will not become a hell state like that of Libya or Iraq. The Christian minorities and others will be able to live.

Yes, I wrote about the same thing in a parallel topic:

viewtopic.php?p=14871403#p14871403

You can be any kind of negative attitude to Assad (although I, knowing his sociotype well, I doubt that he has at least 1% of what is attributed to him), but under his authority, Syrian Christians are not threatened. While under the rule of opposition Islamists, however they are called, FSA / NSA / etc., Christians and other gentiles in Syria are doomed.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Two things can be true at once: Russia doesn't ha[…]

Thank goodness saner heads and science is prevaili[…]

4 foot tall Chinese parents are regularly giving b[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]