Syrian war thread - Page 166 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
By skinster
U.S. to continue to use White Helmets as long as general domestic population accept war lies
U.S. policymakers will go ahead with using not only the White Helmets but also the false flag chemical weapons events in Syria for as long as broad-based domestic populations accept the war lies and the engineered deceptions, the Canadian political analyst and Research Associate at Global Research Mark Taliano told the Syriatimes e-newspaper.

The analyst asserted that U.S. policymakers support al Qaeda in Syria, and the White Helmets are al Qaeda auxiliaries, so it makes sense that the U.S. which seeks global control, would continue to support them.

But he pointed out that the US aspirations are being frustrated on Syrian soil.

“As Syria and its allies continue to win this war, the world is shifting, geopolitically, to a multipolar orientation. Yes, I expect Syria will win this war and regain its sovereignty and territorial integrity, as per international law,” Taliano said, adding that Syria and its allies have almost completely destroyed the international brigades of terrorists within Syrian territory.

“The remaining terrorists in Syria – ISIS, al Qaeda, FSA etc. --- are all in U.S occupied areas of Syria, and the U.S is protecting them as per usual. But Syria and its allies are defeating the terrorists, so we can expect another false flag incident anytime now, which will be used as a pretext for increased Western support of their terrorist proxies,” stressed the Canadian analyst, who visited Syria twice in 2016 and 2018.

He expects no change in the policy of western countries towards Syria, affirming that Israel and the west have been intervening directly since the war began in Syria and they commit war crimes as policy.

Suffocating mantle of lies

“Western policymakers are committing an overseas holocaust right now, in the Middle East and beyond. These elite, largely unaccountable policymakers, and an increasingly transnational oligarch class, are the short- term beneficiaries of these policies, to the detriment of domestic and global populations. We need to break through the suffocating mantle of lies that is destroying us all,” said Taliano.

He, in addition, commented on MSM’s attacks against European delegations and reporters that come to Syria to see the reality of events by saying: “MSM is an ignorant appendage of the mindless war machine, hence MSM fake journalists feel threatened by real reporting that contradicts their criminal war propaganda.”

“Voices from Syria”

The Canadian political analyst, who was in Syria in in April, 2018, at the same time that the U.S, France, and U.K bombed Syria with their cruise missiles following the Ghouta false flag, published one year ago a book entitled ‘Voices from Syria’ after he came to Syria in September 2016 as he sensed that the official narrative being fed to North Americans across TV screens, in newsprint and on internet were false.

“Voices from Syria is a very short book, but it is full of primary source documentation and evidence that refutes the incessant Western war propaganda. It also explains what we as Westerners can do to amplify the Truth for Peace and Justice,” the author clarified.

He went on to say: “I hope to visit Syria again. All of humanity is connected to Syria’s ancient civilization in one way or another, and Syria’s rich roots are spiritually uplifting. I see Syria as a bastion of civilization that is confronting and defeating international terrorism for the benefit of humanity.”

Taliano described the achievements of Syria and its allies against terrorism as ‘extraordinary’ and a ‘remarkable feat’, given the fact that all of NATO and its allies support the terrorists.
http://syriatimes.sy/index.php/editoria ... t-war-lies
By skinster
Tell that to Moshe Ya’alon :D

danholo wrote:Sold out "its militias". :D Wow, you guys like to live in fantasy land.

They were there protecting Israel and occupied Syrian territory that Israel colonized in the late 1960s, as well as fighting the Syrian army from the South.

Here's your prime minister at a field hospital treating some of them before sending them back over to fight the Syrian Army.

More on that:

Tell me more about this fantasy land. Can you explain why Israel has changed position from supporting Islamist mercenaries in the south up until this weekend? And Nethanyahu in a meeting on Sunday stated Israel now only support pro-Syrian-govt troops around the made up border/buffer zone between Syria and Israel, why did he change position?

Also, are you suggesting Israel hasn't been involved in the war on Syria, even though it's been documented that Israel has bombed Syria over 100 times since the beginning of the war, as well as trained, armed and treated Islamists (see above) to fight war on Syria from the South?

It's hard to figure out what you mean with those vague one-liners. Please elaborate.

===========================================================

Syria urges all Syrian citizens who left the country because of war to return home
By danholo

Woah!

skinster wrote:Can you explain why Israel has changed position from supporting Islamist mercenaries in the south up until this weekend? And Nethanyahu in a meeting on Sunday stated Israel now only support pro-Syrian-govt troops around the made up border/buffer zone between Syria and Israel, why did he change position?

Yes, in fact, I can. There are certain geopolitical realities that Israel is concerned with. Nothing Israel has done has veered from its stated policy from years ago: to contain any threats posed to Israelis and Israeli security. There is a proxy war going on between Iran and Israel. Israel can't afford for Hezbollah to increase its power unchecked...

Also providing humanitarian aid to Syrians who are all evil ISIS terrorists like the women and children being treated in Israeli hospitals... I mean something the Syrians should be doing. Or maybe something you should be doing?

If someone really thinks Israel cares that much about Syria, you're mistaken. Nobody really cares about the Arabs or Syria for that matter, except for some fanatical arm chair generals. So far, Levant Arabs have managed to build sad excuses for countries or not at all. Syria has become a proxy war battle field. In that geopolitical reality you have to either keep the chaos going or not let it spill to your side too much.

I find it naive and a silly conspiracy theory to even state that Israel would be "supporting" either side: Israel is realistic. It's purely acting in its own interests and isn't giving support to anyone. I would also "support" Assad in containing his country. Israel doesn't care as long as Israelis don't get killed. That's the policy. Always has been, even before day one. If the other side cares about its brethren in such a manner, maybe we wouldn't be in such a bind, hmm? But Israel is spinning you good. Arabs are killing each other and somehow its Israel's fault.
By skinster
I posted videos of Benjamin Nethanyahu treating FSA and Al-Nusra in Israeli field hospitals in the occupied Golan Heights. I post articles of Israeli politicians admitting to supporting a particular side on Syria and suddenly doing a u-turn on that in the last week according to Israeli politician and military meetings and danholo responds with:

danholo wrote:I find it naive and a silly conspiracy theory to even state that Israel would be "supporting" either side

:lol:

Can you explain why Israel was supporting groups fighting Syria from the South and in the last week decided to not do that anymore?

Bye bye terrorists 8)
By danholo
I think I can with some more information, sure. Nothing Israel has done has veered from its pragmatic policy vis-a-vis Syria. Can you explain how it was 'supporting' these terrorists and what sort of support was it supplying them and why it 'withdrew' it? What do you mean by support, in this case? Material aid, just who you root for? Give me something.

I found a nice website. Looks smart and serious political analysis, without buzz words!

Israel's Interests and Options in Syria

With little ability to affect the outcome of the Syrian civil war, and with limited interest in intervening in the conflict other than to pre-empt or respond to attacks on its territory, Israel seems to have been a passive actor in recent events shaping the Levant. But Israel does have critical security interests that it seeks to advance in Syria — principally, minimizing Iranian and Russian influence in Syria, blocking the transfer of advanced weapons to Hezbollah, preventing Syria from posing a credible military threat to Israel or permitting Iran to do so, undermining the legitimacy of Syria's claims to the Golan Heights, and preventing Sunni militants from establishing infrastructure or operational bases along Israel's border. Unless and until the Syrian conflict dramatically changes course, Israel's strategy will likely be to monitor events carefully, work with Moscow to minimize the chances of inadvertent conflict with Russia, and take as few direct actions as are necessary to protect Israel's territory and citizens. Given the unpalatability of the most-likely "resolutions" to the conflict, continued fighting in Syria — a situation in which these various parties continue to focus their fire on each other rather than on Israel — might be the most advantageous outcome for Israel.

Key Findings

Israel Has Five Main Objectives in the Syrian Conflict
Israel seeks to minimize Iranian and Russian influence in Syria, block the transfer of advanced weapons to Hezbollah, prevent Syria from posing a credible military threat to Israel or permitting Iran to do so, undermine the legitimacy of Syria's claims to the Golan Heights, and prevent Sunni militants from establishing infrastructure or operational bases along Israel's border.

Israel Has Taken Action in Four Main Areas
Israel has defended its territory and responded to cross-border strikes, bombed Hezbollah operatives and weapon transfers, provided clandestine support to antiregime Syrians, and engaged Moscow.

Israel's Options Are Very Limited
Israel can block Iranian assistance to Hezbollah by bombing weapon caches and shipments of materiel destined for the group. However, it has little ability to affect events on the ground in Syria, which means that it cannot moderate Iranian or Russian influence, affect the Assad regime's ability to survive, or influence what groups or individuals might succeed Assad. It has focused political, military, and clandestine efforts on keeping Iranian, Hezbollah, and Sunni extremist fighters away from areas close to the Israeli border, where they pose potential threats to Israel security.
By skinster

danholo wrote:I think I can with some more information, sure. Nothing Israel has done has veered from its pragmatic policy vis-a-vis Syria. Can you explain how it was 'supporting' these terrorists and what sort of support was it supplying them and why it 'withdrew' it? What do you mean by support, in this case? Material aid, just who you root for? Give me something.

I've already posted that information in this thread, in the last couple of pages that information has updates, including why Israel has withdrawn its support to the terrorists attacking Syria from the South, which it armed and trained and medically treated. You playing Mr Inquisitive like you often do when you can't argue against a point is not in anyway interesting, still, but is notable. So here we are. :D

In the last day:

I found a nice website. Looks smart and serious political analysis, without buzz words!

I had to stop at the part where it said a couple of lines in that Israel is a passive actor vis-a-vis Syria. It's like Israel hasn't been occupying Syrian territory for over 50 years and bombing Syria during this war upon it over 100 times since 2011. :lol:
By danholo
I've already posted that information in this thread, in the last couple of pages that information has updates, including why Israel has withdrawn its support to the terrorists attacking Syria from the South, which it armed and trained and medically treated. You playing Mr Inquisitive like you often do when you can't argue against a point is not in anyway interesting, still, but is notable. So here we are. :D

I'm not playing Mr. Inquisitive - I'm just a curious person. Why does this bother you? Because you don't like to be questioned, or criticized?

Why not just simply respond to my message personally? I'm not going to wade through this entire thread. I don't have time to watch and follow everything you post. You're nobody I'm doing extra work for and it doesn't seem like you will for me, so we're in a bind.

So far the pragmatic approach is very credible, not your conspiracy theories.
By skinster
The Terrorists and their Backers, Including U.K, U.S Media are “Loathsome, Uncultured and Malignant”
Dr. Marcus Papadopoulos, the British political analyst and the founder and editor of Politics First magazine has emphasized that the liberation of Daraa province from terrorist groups will politically strengthen the hand of the Syrian people in their fight against western and regionally-backed Wahhabist terrorism.

He told the Syriatimes e-newspaper that Syrians will be able to say to the outside world that Syrian soil will always be Syrian and not American, British, Turkish, Saudi or Qatari.

“After the liberation of Daraa, the percentage of territory in Syria controlled by the Syrian Government will increase and therefore serve as another moral boost for Syrian officials, especially at a time when Damascus is planning enormously important military campaigns for the liberation of north-west Syria from the terrorist and Turkish hordes there,” Dr. Papadopoulos said.

He elaborated why the current military operation in Daraa province in the south of Syria is important.

“The Syrian military’s campaign to liberate the Daraa region from the terrorists is extremely important for two reasons: Firstly, the security of Damascus will be complete once Daraa is liberated. Whilst there are terrorist formations based just 70 miles away from Damascus, the Syrian capital is not entirely safe, despite the recent liberation of East Ghouta. Daraa remains a potential springboard for the terrorists to attack Damascus from; and secondly, the freeing of Daraa will inevitably lead to the liberation of lands in Quneitra which are controlled by a number of terrorist groups: ISIS, Al-Qaeda and the so-called Free Syrian Army. The terrorists were, in part, able to conquer Quneitra because they had free access from neighboring Daraa. Once Daraa is freed, then the terrorists in Quneitra will lose their lifeline.”

Despite the importance of the military operation in the south of Syria, the coverage of Western media, which is a gross distortion of events there is not, at present, receiving anywhere near as much coverage as the campaigns in East Ghouta and East Aleppo received, according to the British political analyst, who sees that Washington and London fully understand now that their objective to overthrow the Syrian Government has failed and that there is little point in committing resources to propping up the terrorists in Daraa.

“However, once the Syrian military turns its attention fully to liberating the Idlib and Aleppo regions, then I suspect that American and British media will devote significant coverage to this because Washington and London are hoping to retain influence in this part of Syria, through, perhaps, partition. The response of the US and the UK will be very different compared to their stance on Daraa. They will put up a fight for it when the time comes, which I believe is nearing,” Dr. Papadopoulos said.

He added: “ Now, Western media, acting on the instructions of their political masters, will hurl every abuse and horrid accusation which they can think of against the men and women of the Syrian military. Because the political elites in Washington and London consider north-west Syria to be of immense geo-strategic importance to themselves hence they want to maintain their foothold there. Attempts by the Americans and the British to partition Syria in Idlib, the latter being past masters of partition, is a distinct possibility. So the unscrupulous journalists of American and Britain mainstream media will do the bidding of their political masters, and I suspect that these wretched human beings will probably allege the use of chemical weapons by the Syrian military against civilians in Idlib, as a precursor for American and British military action against Syria, in support of their terrorist proxies.”

Dr. Papadopoulos reiterated that mainstream media in the UK and in the US is neither free nor independent but is, instead, a part of the British and American establishments, respectively. Therefore British and American media distort the truth about the conflict in Syria and the campaigns by the Syrian military to free Syria from Wahhabist barbarism.

“Regrettably, those outlets have been very successful in influencing their audiences. In the UK, newspapers like The Times and The Guardian are thought of by many Britons as being respectable and credible when, in reality, they merely peddle British Government propaganda and attempt to denigrate anyone in the public eye in Britain who challenges Whitehall’s narrative on the conflict in Syria. He who controls the media is able to mould public opinion. British people, in general, are slaves to British mainstream media and are victims of it, too. And what is even worse is that Britons are not aware of the hold that their media exerts over their lives,” he clarified.

Asked about the stance of Jordan on the battle currently waging in Daraa, the British political analyst replied: “ Like America, Britain and Israel, I believe that Jordan considers any major attempts to help the terrorists in this region to be futile. Further to that, Jordan wants to achieve some kind of cordial agreement with the Syrian Government once the conflict in Syria is over hence this far outweighs pointless attempts to support the terrorists in Daraa. The possibility of secret meetings already taking place between Syrian and Jordanian officials cannot be discounted.”

Dr. Papadopoulos made it clear that Jordan is, in effect, a vassal state of the US and, to a lesser extent, the UK. Much of the Jordanian elite studied and trained in America and Britain; for example, many Jordanian army officers, including King Abdullah II himself, carried out their officer training at Britain’s Royal Military Academy Sandhurst. So during the conflict in Syria, Jordan has played a role in facilitating the arrival of terrorists and arms into the country, though nowhere near to the extent that Turkey has done, for a number of reasons.

Israelis are hardly going to adopt a position contrary to what the superpowers are doing
Concerning Israel’s role in the events taking place in the south of Syria, the British analyst said: “It has been categorically proven that Israel has, for a number of years now, been supporting the Wahhabist terrorist groups in Syria, especially the formations of ISIS, Al-Qaeda and the FSA in Quneitra. That said, however, Tel Aviv is acutely aware that the Syrian people have prevailed against the attempts made to destroy their state hence it would be a waste of Israeli resources to keep on supporting the terrorists in Daraa, who are now doomed and who will soon be served justice.”

He went on to say: “Russia is playing a crucial role in the campaign to liberate Daraa through the use of its air force, and Moscow told Tel Aviv, privately and in no uncertain terms, that Daraa will be liberated and that the Syrian Army will be in complete control of the region – the Israelis received the message loud and clear. Furthermore, America, which is Israel’s most important friend and ally and, indeed, its lifeline (as America is to Turkey), has said that it will not come to the aid of the terrorists in Daraa – the Americans know that Daraa, unlike Idlib and Aleppo, is a lost cause. So with Russia telling Israel to stay out of the fighting in Daraa, and with America declining to support the terrorists in Daraa, the Israelis are hardly going to adopt a position contrary to what the superpowers are doing. That is realpolitik.”

Idlib will be liberated by Syrian army
Dr. Papadopoulos underlined that the battle for Idlib, once it is completely underway, will be the final major one in the Syrian conflict.

“I have no doubt whatsoever that victory will go to the Syrian Armed Forces, a heroic force of men and women who epitomize the secular and multi-cultural state that is Syria. Idlib will be liberated by the men and women of the Syrian Armed Forces, people who have been fighting for their homeland against American, British, Turkish, Saudi and Qatari-backed terrorists for over seven years now. Those terrorists, and their backers, including in American and British mainstream media, are everything that the Syrian people are not: repulsive, loathsome, uncultured and malignant,” he concluded.
https://21stcenturywire.com/2018/07/08/ ... malignant/
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@Tainari88 , if someone enters your house withou[…]

Considering you have the intelligence of an oyste[…]

Liberals and centrists even feel comfortable just[…]

UK study finds young adults taking longer to find […]