Syrian war thread - Page 175 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
By Ter
starman2003 wrote:Yes, with them they don't risk expensive planes and pilots. It's surprising, though, in view of Israel's success in SAM suppression since '82, that they've come to rely so much on stand off weapons and surface to surface missiles. Ironically, at the apogee of their power and technological prowess, they don't seem very bold or confident now.

As far as I know, they have not yet used surface to surface missiles.
They are now in production though and if they can get the job done, cheaper, why not ? They will not replace the jets, they are in addition to them.
In my opinion the rockets are a serious deterrent because if they are deployed in huge numbers, they will be devastating. Nobody wants to see Lebanon destroyed but if Hezbollah attacks again, it will be.
By starman2003
Ter wrote:As far as I know, they have not yet used surface to surface missiles.
They are now in production though and if they can get the job done, cheaper, why not ? They will not replace the jets, they are in addition to them.

But if there are already jets, with PGMs and little if any SAM cover in Lebanon, who needs them? Is a missile really cheaper than a single sortie with a jet? They may be designed for attacking targets much farther away, but the IAF has long had a long reach, with aerial refueling....

In my opinion the rockets are a serious deterrent because if they are deployed in huge numbers, they will be devastating.

But jets were already a very major deterrent and were used in Lebanon previously, with devastating effect. It's odd they they're now relying more on missiles.
By skinster

Ter wrote:In case your question was serious

Even your own article stated those tunnels that the IDF made up weren't "operational" and Israel apparently destroyed them on its side of the border.

This made up story was to distract dumb zionists in Israel away from Nethanyahu's corruption scandal that was going on at the time and dumb zionists elsewhere who believe in things like "terror tunnels".

:lol:
By Ter
skinster wrote:Even your own article stated those tunnels that the IDF made up weren't "operational" and Israel apparently destroyed them on its side of the border.

Yes, and when they poured liquid cement in those tunnels it flooded villages in Lebanon

But have it your way, don't believe it, it befits your fanaticism.
By skinster
I'm reminded of the time you were clueless as to how Hezbollah even became a thing and I had to school you about that.

Anyway, you believing anything the IDF claim, including illogical stuff like the "terror tunnels on our side of the border" is funny at least.
By Ter
skinster wrote:I'm reminded of the time you were clueless as to how Hezbollah even became a thing and I had to school you about that.

That is another one of your imaginary victories...

skinster wrote:Anyway, you believing anything the IDF claim, including illogical stuff like the "terror tunnels on our side of the border" is funny at least.

Go ahead and continue to disbelieve the existence of Hezbollah attack tunnels. You are bringing ridicule upon yourself.
By skinster
Do you still not find it a little bit odd for Israel to claim it destroyed "terror tunnels" they made up on its side of the border? :lol:

So anyway, can you give me an update of what happened to the tunnels, how did the IDF "neutralize" these tunnels they made up that they said were also not operational?

do you even know what tunnels are?
of course they ended up on the Israeli side with an entrance from the Lebanese side
here a video of Lebanese village being flooded by cement after the IDF have ovefloded one of the tunnels
if there wasn't an entrance from the Lebanese side the cement wouldn't reach them :lol:
By skinster
That video looks like a cement factory, what with those trucks and such. But you know, the IDF said it at the time there was a police recommendation of an indictment on corruption against Nethanyahu so it must be true!

Last edited by skinster on 26 Jan 2019 17:00, edited 1 time in total.
Whats so unbelievable in that? since the end of 2006 war they have told that they are going to take the next war into the Israeli territory
also villagers that live by the border reported for many years that they hear digging sounds at night
and IDF knew about those tunnels long ago but decided to act now (yes the timing is a bit suspicious probably because of netanyahu charges) but it dosent meant that the tunnels arent real and Im sure the IDF didnt discovered all of them
By skinster
If they said anything like they were going to bring the next war into Israeli territory, that would be as a response to Israeli aggression, since Israelis always start war on countries in the region.

Lol at the villagers hearing "digging sounds" though.

By skinster
There were no Hezbollah tunnels in Israel on the Israeli side of the border. That was something Nethanyahu made up to scare his stupid citizens enough to distract from his own crimes.
By skinster
I never denied Lebanon had tunnels, of course they did, they needed them to defend themselves from Israeli attacks and occupation of Lebanese territory.

Still, there were never any Hezbollah tunnels in Israeli territory, that was something Nethanyahu made up to scare his stupid citizens away from focusing on his corruption crimes.
By Hindsite
skinster wrote:If they said anything like they were going to bring the next war into Israeli territory, that would be as a response to Israeli aggression, since Israelis always start war on countries in the region.

The way I see it, the Israelis are always defending their democracy against Islamic aggressors.
HalleluYah

How the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict Began | History

Israel and Palestine Explained

Why Do People Hate Jews?

Who are the Palestinians? An Arab Invention.

Last edited by Hindsite on 27 Jan 2019 05:47, edited 1 time in total.

...Imagine the Russians telling the US it needs t[…]

Supposedly Iran sent information on their attack t[…]

LOL When protesters are arrested, it is cops be[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

“They started it” is an excuse used by schoolchild[…]