Syrian war thread - Page 135 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
By Rugoz
Rich wrote:In this leftie fantasy world of evil White Western imperialists, why do we always pick on Muslims? I mean why don't we send out a few CIA agents to the Sihks, Hindus, Buddhists and Confucians?

CIA Agent: Hey Mr Singh, here's ten thousand dollars strap on this suicide vest and go and blow up those women and children over there.
Sikh: Sure thing Joe how could I resist such an attractive proposition.

CIA Agent hey there Lama Farmer why don't you reintroduce female sex slavery?
Buddhist: Good idea, I'm on it.

CIA Agent hey there Mr kung, why don't you throw Homosexuals from roof tops.
Confucian: My you Westerners are evil bastards, It would never have occurred to me, but now you've suggested it it would be such fun, I just can't resist.

CIA Agent: Hey there Mr Wung, blokes are eyeing up your women, why don't don't you make her wear a Burka? And then you don't have to feel insecure.
Taoist: Why did I never think of that. That would really create a just society.

:lol:

That was hilarious.
By roxunreal
My take on Afrin, Turkey's supposed imminent deployment into Idlib, and the "race" for the Omar oil fields north of the Euphrates near Iraq (still under ISIL).

Turkey is supposedly in the process of negotiation with HTS for the later to withdraw from areas bordering Afrin in favor of Turkish Armed Forces/Turkish backed rebels, by which Afrin would be nearly encircled by Turkey and that area would be effectively under control of an Euphrates Shield-type force. There are rumors that Turkey would then possibly attack and conquer Afrin. Currently despite the rumors, there still isn't any such mass deployment, even though some Turkish forces did supposedly enter Idlib, most likely scouts and negotiators. HTS needs to get out of the areas so that Turkey wouldn't openly side with terror-list jihadists and that it can scream ONLY MODERATE REBELS when this move would be questioned.

Conquering Afrin would partially quench the Turkish thirst for Kurd-marxist blood and revenge for Tell Rifat and Menagh base and score Erdogan a lot of bragging points with stupid Turks, but more importantly, it would connect Euphrates shield and Idlib into a single territory and thus provide Idlib with three more border crossings for supply. This being probably a major strategic concern for Assad in the long run, I imagine Russia will be keeping Turkey from assaulting Afrin for a very long time, if not forever.

I think Russia is carefully balancing the SDF with this - hence why the apparent race for the Omar fields south-east of Deir ez-Zor between the SDF and SAA stalled. Russia probably made it clear to the SDF that they won't red-light Turkey entering Afrin if the SDF doesn't stop advancing, though it's likely a bluff because I can't imagine the government and Russia can afford Afrin becoming rebel-controlled.

I'd say the Khabur river will be SDF's border beyond which they won't advance to the east, unless something changes, and that future territory for SDF and SAA has been arranged in a deal with Russia and the US behind the scenes.

There were even rumors of Turkey planning to drive HTS out of Idlib so that only MODERATE REBELS would remain, but this would be a costly undertaking for Turkey and would make the rest of the rebels even 10 times more impotent than they are now, since HTS is the basically more than half of the Idlib rebels' fighters that are worth anything.

Omar fields are off map to the lower-right.

Funny how Afrin, which was the sole supply route for besieged Nubl and Zahraa, will now itself (and was already for a long time) be supplied exactly through the same two villages.
By roxunreal
This war man....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10 ... eir-ezzor/

A senior Syrian commander and one of President Bashar al-Assad’s most trusted generals has been killed during an operation against Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (Isil).

Brig Gen Issam Zahreddine, a field commander in the elite Republican Guard, died after a convoy he was travelling in hit a landmine on Wednesday morning as they drove through Hawija Saqr near Deir Ezzor province.

Zahreddine, who was in his late 50s and instantly recognisable by his full grey beard, had been leading 7,000 troops in the battle to retake the eastern city of Deir Ezzor from the jihadists.

:hmm:
By skinster
Israel through its very short history has been consistent in bombing and invading its neighbours, I guess, seeking out that whole legitimacy it's always demanding from everyone. :D

Hoping the SAA do to the IDF what they did to all the other terrorists they've cleared out of their country.
By Oxymoron
skinster wrote:Israel through its very short history has been consistent in bombing and invading its neighbours, I guess, seeking out that whole legitimacy it's always demanding from everyone. :D

Hoping the SAA do to the IDF what they did to all the other terrorists they've cleared out of their country.

LOL good luck with that, :lol: last time they made history by allowing two tanks to stop a column of 100.
Israel has a history of giving up Oil in exchange for peace, the only country to ever do so. While the Arabs cannot keep a single country together.
By skinster
Oxymoron wrote:LOL good luck with that, :lol:

Thanks! The SAA have beaten all odds by fighting and (almost succeeding) various countries' wars on their country, so anything can happen huh :excited:

By Oxymoron
skinster wrote:Thanks! The SAA have beaten all odds by fighting and (almost succeeding) various countries' wars on their country, so anything can happen huh :excited:

You mean Russian Pilots , Sailors and special forces? I doubt Putin would intervene himself into a war with Israel.
By Rich
skinster wrote:The war in Syria is a U.S. led war of aggression, it is not a civil war

Do you agree with this claim? Does anyone on this forum agree with the claim that the war in Syria is not a civil war? There is no point in debating the implications of the basic facts if we are not agreed on the basic facts.
By skinster
This is what I'm talking aboot, ZN.

Rich wrote:Do you agree with this claim? Does anyone on this forum agree with the claim that the war in Syria is not a civil war? There is no point in debating the implications of the basic facts if we are not agreed on the basic facts.

If the war in Syria is a civil war, how come about 10 other countries including the world's super-power are involved? :eh:

Even liberals admit to the above nowadays. What info do you have that counters this? Please provide a link.
By Rich
skinster wrote:If the war in Syria is a civil war, how come about 10 other countries including the world's super-power are involved? :eh:

Even liberals admit to the above nowadays. What info do you have that counters this? Please provide a link.

The large majority of the forces involved are Syrian, the overwhelming majority are Syrian or / and Muslim. I'm not usggesting that either of the Assad's are theocrats. The regime is based on the Alawite sect. Key positions are held by Alawites and generally by clan or relatives of the Assads. Extreme dictatorships never rely on the regular army for internal control. they normally have various secret police and security organisations. Hitler had the SS. Stalin had the NKVD. Saddam had the Special Republican guard. If you looked at hitler's top generals you could argue that the old Prussian Junker establishment was running Nazi Germany and that clearly wasn't the case.

Tens of thousands of Sunni Muslims have been casualties fighting Assad. Western air-forces apart form one attack have attacked

The Syrian civil war is certainly part of a wider civil war between Sunni and Shia, we've seen in Iraq, Yemen and Afghanistan. A conflict that's been going for over a thousand years. The Twelver Safavid empire was fighting the Sunni Ottoman empire hundreds of years before the European empires captured the region.
If the war in Syria is a civil war, how come about 10 other countries including the world's super-power are involved? :eh:

French and Russian civil wars also involved dozens of countries and involvement of superpowers

still dosent mean they are not civil wars

Gaza is not under Israeli occupation. Telling […]

https://twitter.com/ShadowofEzra/status/178113719[…]

Lies. Did you have difficulty understanding t[…]

Al Quds day was literally invented by the Ayatolla[…]