Syrian war thread - Page 134 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
By mikema63
Sure, but the constant drumbeat that some on PoFo make about Assad being the good guy or Russia's support of him being benevolent is just as ridiculous and unhelpful.

They insist that Assad can't possibly have used chemical weapons and it was an American or rebel plot, dismissing all evidence. They insist that Syria is completely Democratic despite all evidence that it isn't.

They, and the people you mention, insist on seeing the world in absolute black and white certainty and are dedicated to rejecting all evidence to the contrary and accepting even the most silly propaganda or pointless speculation that supports their view.

I'm against intervention and always have been. Yet every time I post in this thread I get shit on for not uncritically supporting Assad. It's frustrating and ridiculous.
By Decky
You claim to be a non interventionist and have Killery as your avatar, how non interventionist was she when she destroyed Libya and gave what was left to Jihadists?
By Rich
Removing Saddam was utterly brilliant, it liberated the Shia majority of Iraq from hundreds of years of Sunni oppression and in the world context strengthened the lesser evil Shia against the greater evil Sunnis. It liberated Iraqi Kurdistan from 80 years of Sunni Arab oppression and in the world context strengthened the less evil Kurdish nationalism against the greater evil Turkish-Arab nationalism.

Thousands of Sunnis terrorists from around the world went to Iraq and later Syria and got themselves killed. Of course it saddens me, that there weren't more. I'm anti-interventionist. I'm totally opposed to the Muslim interventions in our Pagan / Christian lands over the last 1400 years. In the same way as an anti-interventionist I was totally opposed to Communist interventionist in Vietnam and Adolf Hitler's intervention in rCheckoslovaki in March 1939.
By ArtAllm
Rich wrote:Removing Saddam was utterly brilliant, it liberated the Shia majority of Iraq from hundreds of years of Sunni oppression and in the world context strengthened the lesser evil Shia against the greater evil Sunnis.

And strengthened Iran.
Was this really the intended outcome of the intervention in Iraq?
Maybe the guys that planned this intervention were just idiots?
Saudi Arabia is the ally of Israel, not Iran.
By Rich
ArtAllm wrote:And strengthened Iran.
Was this really the intended outcome of the intervention in Iraq?
Maybe the guys that planned this intervention were just idiots?
Saudi Arabia is the ally of Israel, not Iran.

I feel forced to blow my own trumpet on Iraq which is a bit un-English, but I was right about certain things.

I knew the (hard) left secretly wanted Saddam to get nuclear weapons as he was pro Palestine. I said to them, Saddam is never going to get nuclear weapons. Lefties had come to love Saddam, although of course they were (rightly) anti Saddam before he invaded Kuwait. But everyone in the region loathed Saddam, even most Sunni Arab Iraqis hated him. Hazez Assad had hated him. The Gulf monarchies hated him. Iran hated him. Lefties sure know how to pick a loser.

Hence Saddam was never going to get nuclear weapons, but that doesn't mean that Israel was not very happy to get rid of him. Of course Israel doesn't show us any gratitude. Israel never expresses gratitude for what we have done for the Jewish nation since Balfour. Oh no rather than thank us for getting rid of Saddam they prefer to complain that we haven't taken out the Iranian Islamic Republic as well. In the West we are pathetic cowardly beta cucks, we're so cowardly that we were afraid to attack Iran even though we knew how much it would please our Jewish masters, or rather I should say how displeased they would be if we didn't.
By QatzelOk
Rather than admonishing superpowers like the USA for using its military to terrorize foreign nations in order to steal resources, mikema63 described Western intervention as follows when he wrote:...lots of people trying to do the right thing with limited information and a lot of fuck ups.

Just a bunch of down-home boys-next-door trying to obey their Boy Scout oaths by shooting experimental weapons at people they know nothing about.

"Our ignorance makes us adorable."
By mikema63
Having good intentions doesn't absolve anyone of the concequences of their actions. It doesn't make anything cute, nothing about this is cute or fun or fuzzy.

Spouting random nonsensical bullshit doesn't help anyone or anything any more than ascribing evil on people does.
By skinster
Assad is Winning
The five-year long regime change effort in Syria may soon be over and the United States and its allies will be the losers. The Syrian Arab Army broke the siege of Deir Ezzor, which was one of the last Daesh strongholds in the country.

The neocon plot for American hegemony was hatched during the George W. Bush administration but was happily continued by Barack Obama and his Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton. Fresh from their evil success in Libya, they thought the same combination of Arab monarchs and jihadists could dislodge Bashar al Assad and achieve the goal of destroying the few secular Arab governments still in power. But fortunately for humanity, Assad hung on long enough and the Russian Federation finally decided to back up their ally with military help.

It is good news that this war may soon be over. The United States and its allies committed a terrible crime against the Syrian people and five million of them were forced to flee their country to escape this latest example of state sponsored terrorism. There is no downside to Assad making good on his promise to take back his country from American sponsored jihadists.

The United States corporate media isn’t saying very much about Syria lately and that is a sure sign that victory is on the way. So is Israeli president Netanyahu’s meeting with Vladimir Putin. Things didn’t fall into place like the regime changers thought. Israel and others must move on to Plan B. Syria, Russia and Iran are the winners and that was not how things were supposed to play out.

One can never say what is on Donald Trump’s mind but it appears that his administration isn’t going to fight for this particular lost cause. But one never knows. Another false flag chemical weapons attack may be in the offing and the response from the unpredictable president could reignite the fire that is going out. The losers did not undertake their scheme with a plan to lose and they may still pose dangers.

But the moments of victory surely ought to be celebrated, as the people of Deir Ezzor did when they were freed from ISIS control. This should also be a moment for circumspection and honesty about the American government and the awful crime that was committed with bipartisan and international support.

Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton should be vilified for the rest of their lives for what they did in Libya and Syria. Obama should not be given a pass because he has better manners than his boorish successor. Not only was Syria very nearly destroyed, but its people were scattered all over the world in an effort to escape warfare in their homeland. The disruption to European governments came about because they chose to stand with their partner in crime and parrot “Assad must go” instead of standing up to the hegemon. They even paid Turkish president Erdogan, one of the instigators of the crime, $3 billion to keep refugees from using his country as an escape route. His double dealing certainly paid off.

A Syrian victory is to be applauded as it will make the United States think twice about trying the same thing anywhere else. The defeat also weakens Saudi Arabia and its campaign of terror against Yemen or any other country it should choose to target.

The consequence of trying to strengthen America’s hand had the opposite effect. Russia is more engaged in the world, not less. China and Russia are closer. Iran and Hezbollah are stronger. All of the parties declared as enemies or adversaries or the axis of evil have emerged as the winners.

Those on the left who are resolute in their condemnation of American aggression are the rhetorical winners. Let there be no confusion in the future. The left must always oppose regime change and must always support the forces who fight against it as the Syrian government has done. There should be no confusion about “good” and “bad” targets of aggression. United States foreign policy must be opposed, especially when it claims a responsibility to protect, or fight genocide or declare any other excuse for its aggression.

The pro regime change clique are only left with name calling. Labeling Assad a butcher is the substitute for victory they thought was certain. The United States government is fortunately not the only player on the world stage. The other actors do well when they unify and keep its awful plans in check.
https://www.blackagendareport.com/freed ... ad-winning
By QatzelOk
mikema63 wrote:Sure, but the constant drumbeat that some on PoFo make about Assad being the good guy or Russia's support of him being benevolent is just as ridiculous and unhelpful....

This is the latest trend in dismissing other people's opinions. Call them "unhelpful" as if you were trying
to build a picnic table and needed help. "Your opinion is not helping me build this picnic table."

It's the new way of saying "troll" rather than confronting information that doesn't support your contentions in a direct way, just trot out words like "troll" and "unhelpful" and hope they work in evoking a clever retort readers may have heard or seen elsewhere. :roll:
By mikema63
Calling you an unhelpful troll is a cleverer retort than whinging about how you don't like that I think you are an unconstructive poster. :lol:
By Rich
Huge numbers of Muslims have supported ISIS in Iraq, in Syria and around the world, but apparently Muslims are not at fault, its all because some evil Infidels were whispering in their ears.
By skinster
:eh:
Saudi Arabia and the Gulf States ITT have been repeatedly called out for their involvement - with the US/Britain/France/Israel - for arming and providing training to the terrorists who tried to destroy Syria.
By roxunreal
ISIS is kind of beating the shit out of SAA around Sukhnah and along the road to Arak for the last few days, and some pro-gov Twitter posters mentioned Sukhnah is in the process of being encircled. Can't wait for Damascus or Moscow to invent another "The US let ISIS pass from X" excuse for their shortcomings.

Also, SAA is edging closer to Mayadin, which is one of the last two towns of any significance held by ISIS in Syria, apart from part of DeZ city itself. SDF is slowly clearing out the east bank of the Euphrates north of DeZ.

The Hama/Homs ISIS pocket is finally history, SAA cleared it out yesterday.

The SAA sustained major casualties in failed assaults on Ain Terma and Jobar last week against Rahman Corps.
Rahman tunnel bombed an entire section of SAA front line, this is the first time I've ever seen a tunnel bombing of this kind/extent:

Supposedly 40 SAA fighters were killed.

Iraq freed Hawija town from ISIS and is in the process of clearing out the small part of the Hawija region pocket that's still out of their control, resistance has been pitiful so far.
By Rich
skinster wrote::eh:
Saudi Arabia and the Gulf States ITT have been repeatedly called out for their involvement - with the US/Britain/France/Israel - for arming and providing training to the terrorists who tried to destroy Syria.

Sure and I condemn it, but first note that most of the arms have been supplied by Muslim government not western ones, but even if they had it would not in any way mitigate Muslim culpability. Gadaffi supplied arms to the IRA, but it doesn't mean we the people of the British Isles are not responsible for the conflict. You can argue over whe were the good guys, the Nationalists or the loyalists but between us we created it. Of course if you have a conflict foreign powers are going to meddle.

In this leftie fantasy world of evil White Western imperialists, why do we always pick on Muslims? I mean why don't we send out a few CIA agents to the Sihks, Hindus, Buddhists and Confucians?

CIA Agent: Hey Mr Singh, here's ten thousand dollars strap on this suicide vest and go and blow up those women and children over there.
Sikh: Sure thing Joe how could I resist such an attractive proposition.

CIA Agent hey there Lama Farmer why don't you reintroduce female sex slavery?
Buddhist: Good idea, I'm on it.

CIA Agent hey there Mr kung, why don't you throw Homosexuals from roof tops.
Confucian: My you Westerners are evil bastards, It would never have occurred to me, but now you've suggested it it would be such fun, I just can't resist.

CIA Agent: Hey there Mr Wung, blokes are eyeing up your women, why don't don't you make her wear a Burka? And then you don't have to feel insecure.
Taoist: Why did I never think of that. That would really create a just society.
Rich wrote:In this leftie fantasy world of evil White Western imperialists

Yes, very strange indeed. I wonder why anyone would possibly bring up the CIA or Western imperialism, or point out CIA involvement in Syria with Islamic terrorists for over 3 years? :?:

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]