Syrian war thread - Page 172 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
By Hindsite
Reports say Trump made his decision to pull the U.S. military out of Syria immediately after talking to Erdogan of Turkey. It is also reported that Ergogan has said that Turkey will take over the fight from the U.S. against IS and other terrorist that remain in the area.
By Rich
Supporting the Kurds means allying with Turkey as they don't have a coast. Troops in Kurdistan must be supplied across another unfriendly regime's territory. We should be carpet bombing Turkey until this terrorist regime withdraws from Cyprus.
By Hindsite
Rich wrote:Supporting the Kurds means allying with Turkey as they don't have a coast. Troops in Kurdistan must be supplied across another unfriendly regime's territory. We should be carpet bombing Turkey until this terrorist regime withdraws from Cyprus.

Turkey is one of our NATO allies. It would be illegal for us to carpet bomb any of our NATO allies, especially without a declaration of war by congress.
By Igor Antunov
Another flopped attack by Israel. Out of dozens, just one missile made it through, wounding 3 soldiers. S-200's are extremely effective when paired with proper radar and sensing, which is something the Russian's gifted Assad after that air transport accident.
By skinster
It wasn't an accident since Israeli missiles caused the downing of that Russian plane. Also, I think they are called S-300s but there's some chatter about them not being fully installed/passed or some shit, but I don't know that world...
By Hindsite
President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has invited his American counterpart Donald Trump to visit Turkey in 2019, the White House said on Monday. "President Erdogan invited President Trump to visit Turkey in 2019. While nothing definite is being planned, the President is open to a potential meeting in the future," a White House spokesperson said.

The Turkish presidency said Trump and Erdogan agreed during a phone call on Sunday to coordinate to prevent an authority vacuum from developing as the United States withdraws from Syria.

Erdogan welcomed Trump’s abrupt decision last week to withdraw American troops from Syria, which has upended U.S. policy in the region and would remove a source of friction between the two countries.
By Ter
US official says top Hezbollah brass hit in alleged Israeli strikes in Syria

Defence Department source tells Newsweek commanders were targeted after boarding a plane bound for Iran, high-level arms also destroyed

An alleged Israeli airstrike in Syria Tuesday night hit several senior Hezbollah officials as they boarded a plane bound for Iran, Newsweek reported Wednesday morning, citing a Defense Department source.

The unnamed source told the magazine he had received the information from top Israeli military brass.

He said strategic Iranian munitions were also targeted, including advanced GPS components for weaponry.

An alleged Israeli airstrike in Syria Tuesday night hit several senior Hezbollah officials as they boarded a plane bound for Iran, Newsweek reported Wednesday morning, citing a Defense Department source.

The unnamed source told the magazine he had received the information from top Israeli military brass.

He said strategic Iranian munitions were also targeted, including advanced GPS components for weaponry.

Israel said it had deployed air defenses against a missile fired from Syria as Damascus attempted to repel the alleged airstrikes.

The Israel Defense Forces said there was no damage or injuries from the surface-to-air missile fired from Syria at Israel.

“An IDF aerial defence system activated in response to an anti-aircraft missile launched from Syria,” the army said in a statement.

It did not say where or even if the missile was successfully intercepted.

Pictures shared on social media showed an air defense missile being fired near Hadera, a city some 100 kilometers (60 miles) south of the Syrian border where residents had earlier reported hearing a loud explosion.
Syrian eyewitnesses and video on social media showed what appeared to be intense fire on targets near the capital.
“It’s an Israeli raid,” said Rami Abdel Rahman, who heads the Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights war monitor.

“Missiles fired from Israeli planes targeted… arms depots southwest and south of Damascus that belong to Hezbollah or Iranian forces,” Abdel Rahman said.

Lebanon’s National News Agency reported that Israel Air Force planes were operating over southern Lebanon.

News reports made a connection between the strike and the earlier arrival of an Iranian cargo jet in Damascus. The 747, belonging to Iran’s Fars Air Qeshm, had landed in Syria just after 7 p.m.

The civilian company has been accused on multiple occasions of smuggling Iranian arms to Hezbollah, and media speculated that its cargo had been the target of the strikes.

It was not clear whether the jet was the one which Hezbollah officials had allegedly boarded.

Israel in recent years has carried out hundreds of airstrikes in Syria against targets linked to Iran, which alongside its proxies and Russia is fighting on behalf of the regime of Syrian President Bashar Assad.

Israel has accused Iran of seeking to establish a military presence in Syria that could threaten Israeli security and attempting to transfer advanced weaponry to the Hezbollah terror group in Lebanon.

The number of airstrikes in Syria attributed to Israel has dropped noticeably in recent months, after a Russian military plane was downed by Syrian air defenses during an Israeli attack on Latakia, killing all 15 servicemen aboard.

Russia blamed the Israeli military for that incident — a charge rejected by Jerusalem — and has supplied Syria with the advanced S-300 air defense system.

The S-300 systems were delivered to Syria last month, but they are not yet believed to be in use, as the Syrian air defense teams still need to be trained to operate them.

Israeli defense officials have met with Russian counterparts a number of times in recent weeks in an effort to re-establish a deconfliction mechanism that will allow Israel to recommence its air campaign.

Russia reportedly wants significant warning period ahead of any Israeli airstrike, something Israeli officials have been said to refuse.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/us-offici ... -in-syria/

It looks as if these attacks will continue as long as Iran tries to send dangerous weapons to Hezbollah.
By skinster
Ter wrote:It looks as if these attacks will continue as long as Iran tries to send dangerous weapons to Hezbollah.

This isn't about Iranian weapons since Israel has been attacking Syria for decades, before this war on Syria of 2011 began. This is also about Israel being a belligerent war-loving state that constantly attacks Muslims, Christians and others, outside of Palestine.

By skinster
Zionist Nationalist wrote:Syria isnt a Christian country

:eh:
I posted a number of pics and clips of Syrians celebrating Christmas in Syria ITT. A reason why some flavours of the right in the U.S. opposed war on Syria was to save their Christian brothers and sister in Syria.

Israel does what best for its interest it does not care about your crocodile tears

Israel does do whatever it likes but you don't look very pretty when you're bombing on Christmas. That's all. But I wasn't crying, I was just pointing out that Israel has been attacking Syria for before Iran got involved, and how Israel is totally fine with bombing Christians, repeatedly, today as it did when it was created in 1948. We can agree it's best for Israeli interests if I pretend to be a sociopath like you. :)

the attacks will go on

We know, because:
I posted a number of pics and clips of Syrians celebrating Christmas in Syria ITT. A reason why some flavours of the right in the U.S. opposed war on Syria was to save their Christian brothers and sister in Syria.

so what? only 11% of Syrians are Christians it does not make them a Christian country
Lebanon also isnt a Christian country its a Muslim majority country split between 40% sunnis 20% shia and 40% Christians

Israel does do whatever it likes but you don't look very pretty when you're bombing on Christmas.

Israel didnt bombed Christians it bombed the shia Muslim Hezbollah and Iran forces

You try to make Israel look bad by saying that Israel is bombing Christians which is a complete nonsense
By skinster
The details of Israel's Christmas attack get worse:

Zionist Nationalist wrote:so what? only 11% of Syrians are Christians it does not make them a Christian country

I didn't say it was a Christian country. I said Israel attacked a country that includes Christians and has done so before outside of Syria and Palestine.

Lebanon also isnt a Christian country its a Muslim majority country split between 40% sunnis 20% shia and 40% Christians

I don't recall calling Lebanon a Christian country either. I was saying Israel oppresses/kills Christians in the Middle East too, in countries outside of Palestine and Syria.

Israel didnt bombed Christians it bombed the shia Muslim Hezbollah and Iran forces

I think this Israeli attack wounded three Syrian soldiers but I don't know what religion they were. Of course to people like you and Ter they're already terrorists or "Iranian" or "Hezbollah" when you want to sound a little more educated.

You try to make Israel look bad by saying that Israel is bombing Christians which is a complete nonsense

Israel has a history of killing Christians and trying to kill on Christmas Day, as we saw this week. It's not me making Israel look bad, it's the trained killers lobbing bombs and missiles.
Israel dosent try to kill Christians
Israel will kill anybody that threat its security it disent matter if its a christian Muslim or buddhist

you just spew tons of crap here your propoganda seems desperate at this point
Israel attack whenever there is a good opportunity to remove a particular threat we dont care if its christmas or eid el fitr
By skinster

Zionist Nationalist wrote:Israel dosent try to kill Christians

Israel will kill anybody that threat its security it disent matter if its a christian Muslim or buddhist

we dont care if its christmas or eid el fitr

I think there are a couple of contradictions here. I separated your post in an attempt to help you figure it out.

It's funny you're having a go at me for reporting that Israel lobbed missiles into Syria while hiding behind two civilian planes, on Christmas Day.

Something something about little baby Jesus and not shooting or crucifying the messenger.
I think there are a couple of contradictions here. I separated your post in an attempt to help you figure it out.

Israel isnt trying to kill Christians on purpose thats what I wanted to say

It's funny you're having a go at me for reporting that Israel lobbed missiles into Syria while hiding behind two civilian planes, on Christmas Day.

security is top priority we will do whatever it takes to secure ourselves it dosent matter by what means it will be achieved
Lebanon isnt our friend we have no reasons to care about their civilians or their planes
By skinster
The IDF and IAF always have good intentions, right ZN? :lol:

If you think making Israel secure is by constantly bombing neighbouring countries which by the way it continues to occupy, you have drank up that hasbara.

The IDF and IAF always have good intentions, right ZN?

it depends on how you perceive it

good for us but bad for them Id take it anyday

If you think making Israel secure is by constantly bombing neighbouring countries which by the way it continues to occupy, you have drank up that hasbara.

sitting idle isnt a solution our enemies must know we will be after them and their plans

Mexico, LoL, why would anyone nuke Mexico. Drlee[…]

Major General Harri Ohra-Aho on Russia's decision […]

Uh...there isn't an 'England gene'...if that is w[…]

Back on topic , here are my results . Care-85 […]