Syrian war thread - Page 176 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
By annatar1914
Hindsite wrote:The way I see it, the Israelis are always defending their democracy against Islamic aggressors.
HalleluYah

How the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict Began | History

Israel and Palestine Explained

Why Do People Hate Jews?

:excited:

Good God, man, Israel doesn't even really know what it is, which is why in a few short decades if not sooner it'll go the way of Rhodesia and South Africa. And in the wake of it's stupid and vain expiration it's fall will create and energize a malevolent Islamic regime the likes of which the world has never seen. This Syrian conflict has been instrumental in starting that process, i'm afraid.
skinster wrote:I never denied Lebanon had tunnels, of course they did, they needed them to defend themselves from Israeli attacks and occupation of Lebanese territory.

Still, there were never any Hezbollah tunnels in Israeli territory, that was something Nethanyahu made up to scare his stupid citizens away from focusing on his corruption crimes.

Yes there were tunnels INSIDE Israeli territory

thats why Hezbollah didnt respond because if Israel actually would go and hunt for tunnels inside Lebanons it would spark a conflict

and if you claim that Israel faked this than provide proofs or stfu
By starman2003
annatar1914 wrote:Good God, man, Israel doesn't even really know what it is, which is why in a few short decades if not sooner it'll go the way of Rhodesia and South Africa.

How?? Israel is currently at the apex of its power vis a vis the arabs. They aren't anywhere near as strong relative to Israel as they were in '73. To a degree, that will change I think, but I very much doubt they'll be able to wipe out Israel.
The countries that will insist on fighting Israel will suffer just like Egypt and Jordan suffered alot of economic losses and internal instability thats why the leaders of those countries decided to make peace because fighting Israel wasnt worth it
By starman2003
Zionist Nationalist wrote:The countries that will insist on fighting Israel will suffer just like Egypt and Jordan suffered alot of economic losses and internal instability thats why the leaders of those countries decided to make peace because fighting Israel wasnt worth it

No, Egypt made peace with Israel because it was able to get all its lost territory that way. Had Israel not been willing to return all of Sinai, Egypt would've fought again after '73. The economic losses of 1967--Suez canal revenue and the oil of Abu Rudeis--did not daunt it in 1968-70 and in '73.
Jordan was different because the territories it lost were to be for a Palestinian state not returned to Amman. Essentially it had nothing to demand of Israel so it could make peace.
Past wars had nothing to do with internal instability. That was much worse beginning in 2011, long after Egypt made peace, than in the years of fighting.
By annatar1914
starman2003 wrote:How?? Israel is currently at the apex of its power vis a vis the arabs. They aren't anywhere near as strong relative to Israel as they were in '73. To a degree, that will change I think, but I very much doubt they'll be able to wipe out Israel.

Does Israel act like a country at the apex of power in relation to potential threats?

The biggest threat to Israel is internal, and those internal contradictions aren't going to go away, are already sapping Israel's vitality in dealing with external threats.

Quite aside from the fact that I do not ''believe'' in Zionism and am in fact opposed to Israel on principle, if I had been the leader of Israel I would have expelled all the non-jews out of Israel, demanded all Jews including Orthodox Heredi do military service, and expanded Israel out to where Jordan is now and kept the Sinai.

But that's not going to happen, and so Israel is as doomed as the Dodo bird.
By skinster
Zionist Nationalist wrote:Yes there were tunnels INSIDE Israeli territory

Citation needed!

thats why Hezbollah didnt respond because if Israel actually would go and hunt for tunnels inside Lebanons it would spark a conflict

Israel had no idea about the tunnels until they were turned into a museum. :lol:

and if you claim that Israel faked this than provide proofs or stfu

It's not my job to prove your nonsensical claim that Hezbollah built tunnels in Israeli territory. :lol:

Sorry you got fooled by your corrupt leader who fooled you on purpose to deflect from his own crimes. Don't shoot the messenger.
Last edited by skinster on 28 Jan 2019 00:06, edited 1 time in total.
By Ter
skinster wrote:It's not my job to prove your laughable claims.

The only thing laughable in this thread is you.
Even your sugar daddy Nasrallah admitted that Hezbollah had tunnels protruding into Israeli territory.
Your beloved UN also acknowledged their existence.
But hey, as long as your shit sites like electronicintifada do not mention it, it has to be denied.
Keep on denying, you are the laughing stock here.
By Hindsite
Hezbollah could 'for years' enter Israel, Nasrallah says after tunnels found

Hezbollah leader also warns Israel against continuing strikes in Syria targeting Iranian positions, saying it could fuel war in the region.

Iran-backed Hezbollah has "for years" been able to enter Israel, the Lebanese group's leader said on Saturday, responding for the first time to Israel's discovery of tunnels dug into Israeli territory from Lebanon.

"The Israelis discovered a number of tunnels after many years, and it's not a surprise; the surprise is that these tunnels, they took some time to find," Nasrallah said in a rare interview on the Al-Mayadeen TV channel.

"Part of our plan in the next war is to enter into Galilee, a part of our plan we are capable of, God willing. The important thing is that we have this capability and we have had it for years," Nasrallah said in the interview, as quoted by Reuters.

Nasrallah said Hezbollah did not want to draw Lebanon into a war with Israel, but added that there was a fear that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu might miscalculate before the Israeli elections in April and do something rash.

Nasrallah also warned Israel against continuing strikes in Syria targeting Iranian positions, saying it could fuel war in the region.

"At any moment the Syrian leadership and the axis of resistance can take a decision to deal with the Israeli aggression in a different manner," Nasrallah said, referring to the alliance between Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's government, Iran and its Lebanese ally Hezbollah.

The Hezbollah leader refused to specify whether they were built before the 2006 war between his militia group and Israel, or who had constructed them. "One of the tunnels discovered in recent weeks is 13 or 14 years" old, said a smiling Nasralla.

Israel's army said on 13 January it had destroyed all cross-border tunnels, either with explosives or by filling them with a cement-like material to make them unusable.

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/isra ... -691339462
By starman2003
annatar1914 wrote:Does Israel act like a country at the apex of power in relation to potential threats?

Knowing it can deter any major Syrian response, Israel has launched unprovoked attacks on Syrian territory for years.

Quite aside from the fact that I do not ''believe'' in Zionism and am in fact opposed to Israel on principle, if I had been the leader of Israel I would have expelled all the non-jews out of Israel, demanded all Jews including Orthodox Heredi do military service, and expanded Israel out to where Jordan is now and kept the Sinai.

But that's not going to happen, and so Israel is as doomed as the Dodo bird.

I think the expulsion of many/most arabs and expansion to the Jordan river could still happen and may be just a matter of time.
skinster wrote:It's not my job to prove your laughable claims. :lol:

I remember arguing with you and you demanded me to provide proofs

now suddenly you dont have any proofs to your ridicilous claims but you have no guts to admit it
@starman2003

Knowing it can deter any major Syrian response, Israel has launched unprovoked attacks on Syrian territory for years.

And what has been the result of these attacks on Syrian territory, which are truly unprovoked and loathsomely cowardly? Nothing. Except that Iranian forces inexorably and inevitably get closer and closer to Israel, and get stronger and stronger as they go...

As I said, Israel is not acting like it is on control of the strategic situation, but is reacting to events, without any leadership that can fix it's contradictions on way or another.

I think the expulsion of many/most arabs and expansion to the Jordan river could still happen and may be just a matter of time.

I doubt it, everything has been going the other way. Not enough to suit the Palestinians and other Arabs of course, but enough that the trend is towards giving territory up, not expanding (like ceding the Gaza Strip to Hamas, stupid move but perhaps inevitable). And when history shows that a nation like Israel is not expanding, then it's actually contracting, and that's not usually a good sign.
By starman2003
annatar1914 wrote:And what has been the result of these attacks on Syrian territory, which are truly unprovoked and loathsomely cowardly? Nothing. Except that Iranian forces inexorably and inevitably get closer and closer to Israel, and get stronger and stronger as they go...

Well, the attacks have killed many Hez, Iranian and Syrian personnel and wrecked a lot of weapons and infrastructure. Israeli intel coupled with PGMs, have made it pretty hazardous to be an Iranian in Syria....Iran may have gained influence in recent years but lately there have been issues due to sanctions. Earlier this year while the SAA was cleaning up the area near Golan, Iranians had to move back.

I doubt it, everything has been going the other way. Not enough to suit the Palestinians and other Arabs of course, but enough that the trend is towards giving territory up, not expanding (like ceding the Gaza Strip to Hamas.....

But the Israelis keep building more settlements in the West Bank. It's creeping annexation, while Trump has thrown the Palestinians under the bus.

Wake me up when you have something to replace it.[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I love how everybody is rambling about printing m[…]

Also, the Russians are apparently not fans of Isra[…]

Wars still happen. And violent crime is blooming,[…]