Praise be to Bush and Blair: Kurds vote on Independance. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
Iraqi Kurdistan referendum: High turnout in independence vote
Large numbers of people have taken part in a landmark vote on independence for Iraq's Kurdistan region, amid growing opposition both at home and abroad.

Votes are still being counted, with a big victory for "yes" expected.

Its fantastic to see the Kurds rising up against their Semitic oppressors. Iraq has been an Arab supremacist state since its birth. But lets not forget this great blow for freedom was only made possible by Bush and Blair's courageous invasion of Iraq in 2003.
skinster wrote:What Oxymandias said. :D

I find it funny to, very funny that Sunni Arab Islam suffered such a defeat in 2003 and laid the basis for the humiliating defeat of the Sunni Arabs in Syria more recently. Its funny because western lefties can complain as much as they like about Bush and Blair's so called lies, but they can't put Sunni Arab dominated Iraq back together again. The Kurds are certainly not home free yet and their lack of a coastline is a crippling weakness, but given the divisions amongst their enemies, Iran, the Iraqi government, Assad, Turkey, ISIS, Al Qaeda and the other Sunni Arab Syrian opposition groups they might just manoeuvrer themselves to independence in the end. Its fantastic to see the USAF acting as the Syrian Kurdish air-force.

Who knows there might even be the possibility of Israel and the Kurds coordinating for mutual benefit in a future conflict.
@Rich

"Sunni Arab Islam"

"Lefties put Sunni Arab Iraq"

"Israel and Kurds Cooperating"

"Iraq welcomed violent regime change"

These are all so beautiful... Such ignorance is unmatched these days...

You know, I think you're the real extremist conservative of PoFo Rich. Many would think Hindsite fulfills that role but the issue is that Hindsite is intellectually debatable. You can talk to Hindsite, trade thoughts, maybe gain something for a discussion with him.

With you, I don't think there is any hope of productive discussion with you. It's either that someone validates your opinion or it goes into the trash. And that's what makes you a genuine extremist conservative or reactionary. I see your type everywhere. In Iran, China, Hawaii, the US, Morocco, Lebanon, Greece, Germany, you name it. And you know what, you're all the same everywhere. Absolutely no difference in beliefs, you guys got same ideas, opinions, and values everywhere.

That's why no body bother's talking to you Rich. That's why no one batted an eye when you wrote this topic outside of me. Because it's simply a waste of time, for both conservatives and liberals to discuss with you. Conservatives here on PoFo come here to debate, not to validate themselves so while they might agree with your points here and there and defend you, they simply do so because you're on the same side not because you have displayed the capacity to defend yourself in a meaningful way and present a good argument.

This topic itself is a response to my "Thoughts on Rojava and Kurds" topic in Political Circus where I attacked your rather flimsy argument that Iraq and Syria have always been Semitic supremacist states and that Kurds need freedom. Here in your OP, you backtrack and make it even worse changing Iraq from a "Semitic supremacist state" to an "Arab supremacist state" which is ridiculous for obvious reason. The Babylonians weren't even Arab. Arabs weren't even an ethnicity at the time. Such a race didn't even exist. It's so ridiculous that anyone can see through it.

That's why no one spends their time with you. It's simply not worth it.

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]