Trump “strengthens the hand of hard-liners within Iran” - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
I say we invade Iran, cast out the government, take all of its natural resources, subjugate its people if they refuse to cast off their false religion, and create some nice vacation spots on the Caspian sea....

triggering to commence in 5.....4.....3....2....1....
Rich wrote:We're told the Republican Conservatives hated Obama because he was Black and Hilary because she was a woman. Its a bit weird because these are the people that rallied behind Sarah Palin, Herman Cain and Ben Carson.

Maybe they rallied behind them, but they nominated and elected Trump and Pence finally. :lol:
Here’s a question, and I know it seems wildly off topic, but it kinda isn’t...

Why doesn’t Iran excavate more of their historical booty? And why does it let what should be world heritage listed sites degrade?
anasawad wrote:^ Why do you think that anyone but Iranians are entitled to Iranian historical artifacts and treasures ?

Historical sites are not being neglected.

Um, because we do not exist in a vacuum. Iranian artifacts and indeed, treasures, are of worldwide historical significance. There is so much to the timeline that you could add....baryonicaly speaking lol.

Your corporal treasures and sites may not be neglected, but those of stone languish in your desert sun. To think some tombs were once gardens defies even the most vivid imagination.
@ness31
And that still doesn't mean anything, it is up to Iran to decide not you nor anyone else.

Iran has only 2 small deserts making less than 10% , while most of the country is made of mountains, high peak mountains, spring valleys, and coastal plains. Several lakes, rivers, underground water reserves and more than sufficient seasonal rains in most areas and in some rates matching or exceeding that of most of Europe.
The programs launched in 2008-2009 were to renovate and upgrade infrastructure for water supplies, not shortages.
The current issue with water in Iran isn't lack of water, but rather provinces with larger voting power trying to divert water flow thus putting at risk others with lower voting power. This is ofcourse leading a political conflict and the central authorities are trying to solve the issue.
Doing some basic research before posting is preferable.
Your corporal treasures and sites may not be neglected, but those of stone languish in your desert sun. To think some tombs were once gardens defies even the most vivid imagination.

It's Iraq which has suffered desertification since ancient times, not Iran. And most of the environmental damage in Iraq was caused by the Mongol invasion in the 13th century. The Mongols smashed the irrigation system when they sacked Baghdad, and the damage to Iraq's environment proved to be irreversible.
I say we invade Iran, cast out the government, take all of its natural resources, subjugate its people if they refuse to cast off their false religion, and create some nice vacation spots on the Caspian sea....

That couldn't possibly devolve into a quagmire that will suck away hundreds of billions of dollars and countless lives for pretty much no gain. There is literally no evidence that controlling countries in the middle east is anything but a productive profitable cakewalk. :lol:
mikema63 wrote:That couldn't possibly devolve into a quagmire that will suck away hundreds of billions of dollars and countless lives for pretty much no gain. There is literally no evidence that controlling countries in the middle east is anything but a productive profitable cakewalk.

Well, with the way the west fights wars and occupies countries nowadays, I would have to agree. But this is a question of potentials and taking over Iran could "potentially" be profitable. I do not think it would be difficult militarily and what we do after the initial conquest would determined the relative success of it as a colony.

1. After defeating Iran I would give massive tax breaks and even some subsidies for American venture capitalists to go in and "re-build" from the perspective of profitability. Such would likely rebuild the devastated regions and employ the populace much quicker than our current method and without having to charge Americans a ton of money. The U.S. would control the oil reserves which will secure the supremacy of the Petro-Dollar and re-stablize OPEC firmly under U.S.-Saudi control and that alone will give a boost to the American economy.

2. I would cast down the theocratic system in place and punish rebels with the utmost severity. I would open the country to Christian missionaries and maybe even subsidize their efforts under the "guise" of them doing training in "English" and "Western Thought." I would import Sunni muslim laborers en masse just to keep the Shi'a population on their toes and from having a singular mindset against their western overlords.

3. I would also invest in permacultural design systems to increase the poorer citizens' self-sufficiency and food output which will also make the land more fertile and the environment healthier and invest in Soccer stadiums, movie theatres, etc. You know, bread and circuses. This will help prevent such groups from being as prone to radicalization and will keep them healthy and happy.

4. I would also extend special citizenship rights to any Iranian woman who marries an American male citizen under the "guise" of improving their lot as Iranian women have been a disproportionately "oppressed lot", but in reality, this would be for giving incentive to American investors and soldiers while weakening the ethno-nationalist morale of the Iranians. Persian women are pretty hot after all.

"To The Victor Goes The Spoils."

5. This is reality would all be much cheaper and more effective than our current methods. These methods have worked before in the middle-east and will work again, and certain local rule by Iranians will be permitted as long as they report all decisions to the local governors who are U.S. natives.

6. The U.S. government will also own and offer its own tourist company giving discounted vacations to U.S. citizens to the Caspian sea region as long as they sit through a seminar on the business opportunities available in Iran....

Sounds great to me.
Victoribus Spolia wrote:I say we invade Iran, cast out the government, take all of its natural resources, subjugate its people if they refuse to cast off their false religion, and create some nice vacation spots on the Caspian sea....

If America can't control the people of a third-world desert flea pit in Afghanistan to their will, how do expect them to control Iran? You mentioned Germanic barbarians once before. What happens when you suppress the will of the people and punish their need? Do they support the oppressors or fight against them?
@B0ycey,

Once again, the way we wage war now, such outcomes are predictable. This does not mean we cannot win in Afghanistan, the problem is we refuse to win. If we wanted true victory and conquest we have the potential to do it. What we lack is the will to do it.
:lol:

The "brave" Americans have so far shown they're only strong against defenseless unarmed civilians. Dozens of wars and all the same. The minute actual resistance is there, Americans get fucked in the ass and get kicked off.

There is a reason why you chose to invade Iraq, a country that was already collapsing on itself and barely had any equipment or weapons to fight back, rather than Iran. You and your soldiers are too weak and pathetic to fight a real war.

Nevertheless, don't let me stop you from dreaming about the "glory and pride" of conquering Persia.
Not the first and surely not going to be the last.
Last edited by anasawad on 18 Oct 2017 19:48, edited 1 time in total.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

No, because I decided not to be a criminal and co[…]

Re: Why do Americans automatically side with Ukra[…]

Gaza is not under Israeli occupation. Telling […]

https://twitter.com/ShadowofEzra/status/178113719[…]