An animated documentary exposing the false prophet Muhammad - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
@trustyoursources

What sort of fucking idiot bases Muhammad's life on Islamic sources as if religious sources are good sources for history. And assuming they based the documentary on the hadiths (which they would have to), the hadiths are well-known for being self-contradictory and very unreliable sources of Islamic construction.

All we know about Mohammed is that he's a warlord that conquered the entirety of Arabia and became it's king, and that he formed a religion called Islam. That is all we know definitely.
I don't even need to play the video to know that it's highly unlikely to convince anyone who is a Muslim that their religion is false or that Mohammed is really such a flawed person. However, once I did, what's noticeable right off the bat is that the tone of your voice in the video sounds very condescending; 1:30-1:39, for starters. It's clear from your channel that you don't have a Christian fundamentalist agenda, but there's no way a lot of people will want to watch that when the voice sounds snarky from the get-go.
Back when PI was a Muslim, he recommended watching a film called The Messenger. It's like the Muslim version of The Greatest Story Ever Told, except it isn't boring and it's pretty decent. However, and I told PI this: Mohammed was a complete dick to poison/despoil the oases/wells while on campaign in Arabia. If you live in the desert, destroying or otherwise fouling water supplies is quite possibly one of the most unthinkable dick moves you could possibly do.

Most of the stuff Mohammed did was no better or worse than what any other warlord did: offering mercy to enemies and towns which surrendered, especially ones that did so peacefully, etc. But Mohammed's actions in regards to water sources is a measure of absolute last resort: if you live in the desert, your own armies might need to double back to those sources at some point.

I'm picturing Fremen many thousands of years from now shaking their heads disapprovingly of the story of Mohammed being a dick and fucking with the water in Arabia.
Bulaba Jones wrote:Back when PI was a Muslim, he recommended watching a film called The Messenger. It's like the Muslim version of The Greatest Story Ever Told, except it isn't boring and it's pretty decent. However, and I told PI this: Mohammed was a complete dick to poison/despoil the oases/wells while on campaign in Arabia. If you live in the desert, destroying or otherwise fouling water supplies is quite possibly one of the most unthinkable dick moves you could possibly do.

Do you mean the The Message - The Story of Islam with Anthony Quinn? I have that on DVD, it's a pretty heavily sanitised, dare I say self-censored, version of the story, all the massacres, raping, sex slaves, involuntary amputations are cut out.

It is interesting how they dealt with the prohibition on depicting their prophet when he is the central character in the film, he is ever present yet never seen, his companions talk with him but he never speaks. Sometimes they do this by placing Mohammad behind the camera so when other characters look towards and address the Prophet they look like they looking at the viewer, so you get this eerie perspective of seeing world literally from Mohammad's viewpoint. Also as a nod to shias they also did this for Ali.

That double-bladed sword in the foreground is how they depicted Ali, Ali himself is off camera of course.
SolarCross wrote:Do you mean the The Message - The Story of Islam with Anthony Quinn? I have that on DVD, it's a pretty heavily sanitised, dare I say self-censored, version of the story, all the massacres, raping, sex slaves, involuntary amputations are cut out.

It is interesting how they dealt with the prohibition on depicting their prophet when he is the central character in the film, he is ever present yet never seen, his companions talk with him but he never speaks. Sometimes they do this by placing Mohammad behind the camera so when other characters look towards and address the Prophet they look like they looking at the viewer, so you get this eerie perspective of seeing world literally from Mohammad's viewpoint. Also as a nod to shias they also did this for Ali.

That double-bladed sword in the foreground is how they depicted Ali, Ali himself is off camera of course.

Yeah, it's probably called the Message. The Messenger, the Message, something about a message and a messenger. Who knows.

I like how they did the magical jingling sound whenever Mohammed is supposed to be speaking, and his cane action when he uses his walking cane to knock over idols in the Kabah were definitely highlights of the film. Ali's sword was a great character as well with very sharp acting, but a little too edgy for my taste.
@Bulaba Jones

I watched The Messenger before and it certainly isn't the best depiction of Mohammed's life out there. As @SolarCross said, it left out lots of stuff and not just the violent stuff.

I have yet to see a documentary, a film, heck any form of media at all portray Mohammed as anything other than a terrible human being or the most perfect thing in existence. I want at least a book that discusses Mohammed's pagan upbringing, his conversion and infatuation with Nestorianism which later significantly influenced Islam, his doubts about his beliefs and thus his return to worshipping idols, his semi-manipulative actions, his mistakes and successes.

Basically I want a book that is historically accurate and thus treats Mohammed as a flawed human being. Someone who you either love or hate. Is that really too much to ask?
Last edited by Oxymandias on 05 Nov 2017 01:54, edited 1 time in total.

@FiveofSwords " black " Genetically[…]

That is interesting why do you think that is? It[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

You already have enough problems with reality. :[…]

Should schools have books on phrenology, astrolog[…]