"Jews are smartest race in the world and superior humans", Israeli Lawmaker claims - Page 15 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
annatar1914 wrote:If the Poor are 'given' everything by the young rich man, then they aren't buying it, it was given them freely. Our Lord was telling the man to sell off all his worldly goods, and give the proceeds of the sale to the Poor, which would have been pretty much everybody else in his community.

The poor are not given "everything" but instead "everything" the rich young man has is to be sold to those that can buy it. So the buyers get "everything" the rich young man has, not for free, but through the buying and selling of capitalism. Giving to the poor is a part of Christian charitable giving that is believed to put away riches in heaven. After all you can't take earthly gold and silver or even food to heaven.
Praise the Lord.
The poor are not given "everything" but instead "everything" the rich young man has is to be sold to those that can buy it.

That's not what the Scripture verse says. God says;

“If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow Me.”

You missed that there are two separate actions there; sell, AND give. If there was one single action, He'd in essence be telling the young rich man to sell his goods and keep the money. But no; the young rich man went away SADLY, like you would, because Christ wants the Rich young man to GIVE away ALL to the Poor.

So the buyers get "everything" the rich young man has, not for free, but through the buying and selling of capitalism.

This is a monstrous perversion of Scripture, and the way all everywhere have read it for over 20 centuries. There's no ''everything'' in parentheses, as if something was kept behind, but EVERYTHING was asked for if he was to be His Disciple.

For God struck Ananias and Sapphira dead for not doing exactly as I said the early Church commanded; to give everything personally away to the community of the faithful and live in common with one another;

Acts 5:1-11 New International Version (NIV)
Ananias and Sapphira

5 Now a man named Ananias, together with his wife Sapphira, also sold a piece of property. 2 With his wife’s full knowledge he kept back part of the money for himself, but brought the rest and put it at the apostles’ feet.

3 Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? 4 Didn’t it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn’t the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied just to human beings but to God.”

5 When Ananias heard this, he fell down and died. And great fear seized all who heard what had happened. 6 Then some young men came forward, wrapped up his body, and carried him out and buried him.

7 About three hours later his wife came in, not knowing what had happened. 8 Peter asked her, “Tell me, is this the price you and Ananias got for the land?”

“Yes,” she said, “that is the price.”

9 Peter said to her, “How could you conspire to test the Spirit of the Lord? Listen! The feet of the men who buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out also.”

10 At that moment she fell down at his feet and died. Then the young men came in and, finding her dead, carried her out and buried her beside her husband. 11 Great fear seized the whole church and all who heard about these events.

Giving to the poor is a part of Christian charitable giving that is believed to put away riches in heaven. After all you can't take earthly gold and silver or even food to heaven.

Yes, the Rich are to give to the Poor, precisely because they are thieves who have taken away from the Poor in the first place.

Praise the Lord.

I asked you kindly before not to make these comments, and why. Just a reminder, because you're basically asking me to praise God with you and at your prompting, and I do not do such with people not of my belief. And Pharisees trumpet about in the marketplace (their favorite hang-out), but they have their reward, in this life only.
annatar1914 wrote:That's not what the Scripture verse says. God says;

“If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow Me.”

You missed that there are two separate actions there; sell, AND give. If there was one single action, He'd in essence be telling the young rich man to sell his goods and keep the money. But no; the young rich man went away SADLY, like you would, because Christ wants the Rich young man to GIVE away ALL to the Poor.

This is a monstrous perversion of Scripture, and the way all everywhere have read it for over 20 centuries. There's no ''everything'' in parentheses, as if something was kept behind, but EVERYTHING was asked for if he was to be His Disciple.

I did not miss anything. The rich young man did not sell all his possessions, nor did he give to the poor and follow Jesus. Also, there is no evidence that the rich young man stole anything from those that were poor.
Hindsite wrote:Jesus told the young rich man if he wanted to be perfect to sell everything he had and give to the poor. And then come follow Jesus. So obviously the buyers will get "everything" he had after they pay him for it. Buying and selling is part of capitalism. But the Young rich man did not want to sell his possessions and give to the poor or to follow Jesus.

The Jews refused to observe Jesus and they had Him crucified.

LMFAO!!

EVERYONE at the "Nazarene" was Jewish. Everyone who lost "everything" when Jesus got "arrested" was Jewish. Everyone in the courtroom was Jewish. Everyone who voted for Barabbas was Jewish. Everyone outside of the crucifixion was either Jewish or ROMAN....

Face it, everyone hated Jesus when he was crucified. He repeatedly staged the same "blind hoax" with the same "actor" in multiple locations around Jerusalem. He took the "everything" and was a regular customer of the brother downtown.

With 5000 "followers" on his property who had given up "everything" to "go to Heaven" upon death, the "Son of God" ran out of food and money - the loaves and fishes scene - and that is when the "pyramid scheme" broke. Judas takes off and sells out. The other disciples BOLT when the authorities show up....

Nobody at the trial claims to be "healed," NOBODY.

All of the "miracles" are observed by just the DISCIPLES, who BOLTED....

One ancient wicker basket of fish feeds, at most, 200, not 5000.

What wiped him out?

We don't know, but the "suspects" are

1. intentional sabotage of crops, farm animals etc.
2. a real "Act of God" like a FLOOD or LOCUST

Keep worshipping Fraud Jesus... you'll get to "heaven" just like his "followers" did...

LOL!!!
I am coming to understand how old people find young people tedious. The above is a good example. Heard it before. Children love to be iconoclastic. It gives them a thrill. They also can't help but being very rude. I blame parents today who let the little pea brains play with the computer.
@Hindsite

I did not miss anything. The rich young man did not sell all his possessions, nor did he give to the poor and follow Jesus.

But that's exactly what he was asked to do by God.

Also, there is no evidence that the rich young man stole anything from those that were poor.

He was Rich, he was a Thief, they are basically synonyms, as hard as that is to hear or read. You are ''Rich'' if you have a superfluity of goods beyond your station in life, your stewardship. And if you do not give that excess to others in need you are committing the sin of avarice (look it up)and also thievery. ''Thievery'', because to take beyond what is more than your own need is stealing from others... The world is finite and limited. Therefore if the world is finite and limited, it's goods and resources are limited too. If goods and resources are limited, some things should be rationally divided for use and not have everyone have a race to see how much of everything they can hoard personally.

To give to others of that superfluity would make you merely ''good'' at least in the eyes of men. But if you want to be perfect, and have eternal life, you must leave the idolatry of worldly things behind and follow Christ.
@ LaDexte & annatar1914
You guys seem to want to rewrite history and the New Testament scriptures.
Please provide the verse that states the rich young man was a thief, or shut up your lying mouth.
The following reference indicates the rich young man had kept the command not to steal from his youth:

As He was setting out on a journey, a man ran up to Him and knelt before Him, and asked Him, “Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone. You know the commandments, ‘Do not murder, Do not commit adultery, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Do not defraud, Honor your father and mother.’” And he said to Him, “Teacher, I have kept all these things from my youth up.” Looking at him, Jesus felt a love for him and said to him, “One thing you lack: go and sell all you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”
(Mark 10:17-21 NASB)

That rich young man was better than any of us in following the commandments, but yet he still was not good enough to inherit eternal life.
@Hindsite

@ LaDexte & annatar1914

I'd rather you didn't associate me in the same breath with him.

You guys seem to want to rewrite history and the New Testament scriptures.

I could say the same of you, except what I have said what all Christians have said everywhere about those verses in the Gospel of St. Luke, and your interpretation is faulty and novel.

Please provide the verse that states the rich young man was a thief, or shut up your lying mouth.

You falsely accuse me. You should not do that, for your sake I ask you.

Scripture generally explains Scripture. I did not say he specifically was a Thief, because Scripture says ALL Rich men are Thieves. From the Book of Saint James, Chapter 5, verses one through six;

James 5 King James Version (KJV)

5 Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.

2 Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten.

3 Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.

4 Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth: and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of sabaoth.

5 Ye have lived in pleasure on the earth, and been wanton; ye have nourished your hearts, as in a day of slaughter.

6 Ye have condemned and killed the just; and he doth not resist you.

Emphasis on the verses in bold, where God through Saint James said that the Rich-all Rich-defraud the laborers: ''kept back by fraud''. Keeping back what is owed another is.... THEFT. STEALING. Not only that, God through Saint James says the Rich are MURDERERS, too, for They kill the ''just, who does not resist you''... That is, the Poor, the Laborer.

Yes, your rich man President Trump along with all the other wealthy, are THIEVES, AND MURDERERS, of the Laborers, the Poor.

Hard to hear, isn't it? It's hard for me to hear too.

The following reference indicates the rich young man had kept the command not to steal from his youth:

As He was setting out on a journey, a man ran up to Him and knelt before Him, and asked Him, “Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone. You know the commandments, ‘Do not murder, Do not commit adultery, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Do not defraud, Honor your father and mother.’” And he said to Him, “Teacher, I have kept all these things from my youth up.” Looking at him, Jesus felt a love for him and said to him, “One thing you lack: go and sell all you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”
(Mark 10:17-21 NASB)

No, the verses say that God asked the rich young man if he knew the Commandments, and the rich young man said that he kept them from his youth onwards... The Rich man ''said'' that he did., not that the Lord said he did, or agreed with him in the rich man's self-assessment of his own goodness.

That rich young man was better than any of us in following the commandments, but yet he still was not good enough to inherit eternal life.

Wrong. He did not do the one necessary thing which sums up all the Commandments completely; he did not do as God Himself commanded him to do
annatar1914 wrote:I'd rather you didn't associate me in the same breath with him.

I can understand that, sorry.

annatar1914 wrote:I could say the same of you, except what I have said what all Christians have said everywhere about those verses in the Gospel of St. Luke, and your interpretation is faulty and novel.

I believe my interpretation is an accurate representation of Matthew, Mark, and Luke. But if you wish to use Luke then here it is:

A ruler questioned Him, saying, “Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone. You know the commandments, ‘Do not commit adultery, Do not murder, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honor your father and mother.’” And he said, “All these things I have kept from my youth.” When Jesus heard this, He said to him, “One thing you still lack; sell all that you possess and distribute it to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.” But when he had heard these things, he became very sad, for he was extremely rich. And Jesus looked at him and said, “How hard it is for those who are wealthy to enter the kingdom of God! For it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.” They who heard it said, “Then who can be saved?” But He said, “The things that are impossible with people are possible with God.”
(Luke 18:18-27 NASB)

Jesus did not say he was a thief or even a liar. Jesus just challenged the rich man to to be perfect and that is an impossible task for man as he told the disciples. That is only possible with God.

annatar1914 wrote:You falsely accuse me. You should not do that, for your sake I ask you.

So you expect me to just let you go on making false statements without challenging you on them?

annatar1914 wrote:Scripture generally explains Scripture. I did not say he specifically was a Thief, because Scripture says ALL Rich men are Thieves.

No it does not say all rich men are theives. Scripture says all men are sinners, not just rich men.

Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law, so that every mouth may be closed and all the world may become accountable to God; because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.

But now apart from the Law the righteousness of God has been manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction; for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus; whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation in His blood through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness, because in the forbearance of God He passed over the sins previously committed; for the demonstration, I say, of His righteousness at the present time, so that He would be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.

Where then is boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith. For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law. Or is God the God of Jews only? Is He not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also, since indeed God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith is one.

Do we then nullify]the Law through faith? May it never be! On the contrary, we establish the Law.

(Romans 3:19-31 NASB)

Just being rich does not make one a thief or mean he stole any of his wealth from poor people. So I say again, if you are saying it does, then I will call you a liar again.

annatar1914 wrote:Wrong. He did not do the one necessary thing which sums up all the Commandments completely; he did not do as God Himself commanded him to do.

I did not say the rich man did all Jesus told him to do, but just pointed out that keeping those commandments from his youth is probably better than most of us have done. The Apostle Paul stated that there should be no boasting on our part because we all must rely on the grace of God, since we all have sinned and have come short of the glory of God.
Praise the Lord.
@Hindsite

I can understand that, sorry.

By saying that ''sorry'', I hope that by that you can distinguish between an Antichristian and a Christian with whom you have a theological disagreement.

I believe my interpretation is an accurate representation of Matthew, Mark, and Luke.

It isn't, but let's continue;

But if you wish to use Luke then here it is:

A ruler questioned Him, saying, “Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” 19 And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone. You know the commandments, ‘Do not commit adultery, Do not murder, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honor your father and mother.’” And he said, “All these things I have kept from my youth.” When Jesus heard this, He said to him, “One thing you still lack; sell all that you possess and distribute it to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.” But when he had heard these things, he became very sad, for he was extremely rich. And Jesus looked at him and said, “How hard it is for those who are wealthy to enter the kingdom of God! For it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.” They who heard it said, “Then who can be saved?” But He said, “The things that are impossible with people are possible with God.”
(Luke 18:18-27 NASB)

That is a set of verses we already discussed.

Jesus did not say he was a thief or even a liar. Jesus just challenged the rich man to to be perfect and that is an impossible task for man as he told the disciples. That is only possible with God.

For our purposes, God didn't have to say that the young rich man was a ''thief or even a liar'', it's understood by the principle as I showed you, of Scripture explaining Scripture. Let me show you again, since you ignored it completely;

Scripture generally explains Scripture. I did not say he specifically was a Thief, because Scripture says ALL Rich men are Thieves. From the Book of Saint James, Chapter 5, verses one through six;

James 5 King James Version (KJV)

5 Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.

2 Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten.

3 Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.

4 Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth: and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of sabaoth.

5 Ye have lived in pleasure on the earth, and been wanton; ye have nourished your hearts, as in a day of slaughter.

6 Ye have condemned and killed the just; and he doth not resist you.

Emphasis on the verses in bold, where God through Saint James said that the Rich-all Rich-defraud the laborers: ''kept back by fraud''. Keeping back what is owed another is.... THEFT. STEALING. Not only that, God through Saint James says the Rich are MURDERERS, too, for They kill the ''just, who does not resist you''... That is, the Poor, the Laborer.

Yes, your rich man President Trump along with all the other wealthy, are THIEVES, AND MURDERERS, of the Laborers, the Poor.

Hard to hear, isn't it? It's hard for me to hear too.

So I want you to apply that knowledge from God presented in the Book of Saint James, to what God said when He was in the Flesh talking to that rich young man over 2000 years ago....

So you expect me to just let you go on making false statements without challenging you on them?

I'm quoting Scripture, and showing you the clear meanings of it, so maybe you shouldn't say I'm ''making false statements''.

No it does not say all rich men are theives. Scripture says all men are sinners, not just rich men.

It does say all rich men are thieves. A rich man may or may not be another kind of sinner than a thief, but Scripture is there to lay out the facts;

the Rich are Thieves and Murderers of the Poor, the Just Man, the defrauders of the Laborers who work for them.
Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law, so that every mouth may be closed and all the world may become accountable to God; because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.

But now apart from the Law the righteousness of God has been manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction; for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus; whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation in His blood through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness, because in the forbearance of God He passed over the sins previously committed; for the demonstration, I say, of His righteousness at the present time, so that He would be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.

Where then is boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith. For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law. Or is God the God of Jews only? Is He not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also, since indeed God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith is one.

Do we then nullify]the Law through faith? May it never be! On the contrary, we establish the Law.

(Romans 3:19-31 NASB)

Just being rich does not make one a thief or mean he stole any of his wealth from poor people. So I say again, if you are saying it, does I will call you a liar again.

Do you believe in the Book of Saint James, of it being Scripture? Do you deny it's plain meaning? :eh:

Call me a liar, and heap coals on your own head.

I did not say the rich man did all Jesus told him to do, but just pointed out that keeping those commandments from his youth is probably better than most of us have done.

It's as if he didn't keep any of them. Remember that Christ reminded him that none are ''good'' except ''God only''. Christ is God. The essence of the Commandments is to obey God, out of love and trust in Him

The Apostle Paul stated that there should be no boasting on our part because we all must rely on the grace of God, since we all have sinned and have come short of the glory of God.

Right, and Saint James says that the rich one's wealth will actually count against him on the Day of Judgement, so no need for the Wealthy to boast more than most. You do know that some are more evil than others, right?

And God showed how we can make things right, with His Help.

Praise the Lord.

I ask you once again to please not put ''Praise the Lord'' up there on your posts to me, because it pretends to a unity that we do not have. Is it too much to ask to be considerate to people who you are having a conversation with? You may not understand even why I'm asking, but I am asking, it means a lot to me even if it doesn't to you.
Ter wrote:This thread has been derailed into endless discussions of a theological nature.

Please get back on topic.
This thread is supposed to be about the Jews, and that they are the smartest of all the peoples.
And remember that they are the chosen people.

OK, I will let it go for now.

On a metaphysical level this discussion is ultimately about the Jews, because their Scriptures (which are also my Scriptures) have engendered such disquiet in this world, about the world and it's ''values''.
annatar1914 wrote:By saying that ''sorry'', I hope that by that you can distinguish between an Antichristian and a Christian with whom you have a theological disagreement.

Yes, I don't see you as an anti-Christian, just mistaken.

annatar1914 wrote:Do you believe in the Book of Saint James, of it being Scripture? Do you deny it's plain meaning? :eh:

It seems that James is speaking to a Jewish audience and places much more emphasizes on works of the law than on salvation by faith and grace as Paul does. So I am more inclined to go with Paul, since I consider myself to be a Gentile Christian not under the law of the Jews.

annatar1914 wrote:You do know that some are more evil than others, right?

I would suppose that Satan and his demons are more evil. But I still disagree with you that rich people are evil just because they have wealth. For example we have these wealthy and righteous men in the Holy Bible:

Abraham is considered as the patriarch of the church and is known as the friend of God according to James 2:23. In Genesis 13:2, Abraham is described as rich in gold, silver, and cattle.

Isaac is Abraham's son and was also blessed with wealth. During the time of famine, Isaac continued to leave a prosperous life. In Genesis 26:12, Isaac was able to plant and harvest a hundred times more than other people.

Job was described to be a righteous man. Job 1:3 further describes him as the most illustrious man in the East because of his vast material possessions. In Job 42:10, he was blessed by God with riches which surpassed what he previously owned.

Solomon is not only known as the wise king, but also as a man who lived with enormous material possession.

David lived a life of prosperity because of his faith in God. The amount of wealth he possessed was chronicled in the Book of Psalms. In Psalm 37:19, it is proclaimed that the righteous would still prosper in the midst of famine. And this was exactly what happened with David and his brethren. In 1 Chronicles 29:28, it is said that David enjoyed a life of prosperity, blessed with wealth and honor, and died after living a life full of contentment.

Joseph became second in command of the country of Egypt. According to Genesis 47:14, he was able to amass his wealth by selling grains.

Joseph of Arimathea is mentioned in all four Gospels as the one who asked for the body of Jesus and buried it in his own tomb. One Gospel, Matthew, describes him as a rich man, while Luke describes him as “good and righteous.” Mark and Luke say that he was waiting for the kingdom of God, while John says that he was secretly a disciple of Jesus because of his fear.
@Hindsite

Yes, I don't see you as an anti-Christian, just mistaken.

Likewise.

It seems that James is speaking to a Jewish audience

Incorrect. That is a false reading into the text by primarily Lutheran scholars in Germany, recalling that Martin Luther wanted the Letter of Saint James removed from the Christian Scriptures.

and places much more emphasizes on works of the law than on salvation by faith and grace as Paul does.

No, it's a corrective to the idea in any Christian community or even individual, of any misinterpretation of Christian teaching by misunderstandings of St. Paul's writings. Works are the fruit of Grace. The Letter of Saint James has nothing to do with the Jewish Law, but the Christian Commandments.

So I am more inclined to go with Paul, since I consider myself to be a Gentile Christian not under the law of the Jews.

All Scripture is fruitful, and it would be wise to understand Saint Paul as Saint Paul did; in the light of Scripture as a whole.

I would suppose that Satan and his demons are more evil. But I still disagree with you that rich people are evil just because they have wealth.

No, Rich people aren't evil so much because of the goods they have, as how they got it and the sins they commit because of it.

For example we have these wealthy and righteous men in the Holy Bible:

Not 'wealthy and righteous', but ''righteous'' in spite of their wealth.

Abraham is considered as the patriarch of the church and is known as the friend of God according to James 2:23. In Genesis 13:2, Abraham is described as rich in gold, silver, and cattle.

He needed portable goods for food and trade to survive, and he also had slaves and concubines too...

Isaac is Abraham's son and was also blessed with wealth. During the time of famine, Isaac continued to leave a prosperous life. In Genesis 26:12, Isaac was able to plant and harvest a hundred times more than other people.

Ditto.

Job was described to be a righteous man. Job 1:3 further describes him as the most illustrious man in the East because of his vast material possessions. In Job 42:10, he was blessed by God with riches which surpassed what he previously owned.

We also know he was indifferent to his wealth and showed liberality to all his neighbors and friends.

Solomon is not only known as the wise king, but also as a man who lived with enormous material possession.

He also talks about the vanities and evils of wealth and how he sinned and was corrupted by it, in Proverbs, Ecclesiasticus, Wisdom, etc... And recall how his sins wound up dividing Judah from Israel after his death.

David lived a life of prosperity because of his faith in God. The amount of wealth he possessed was chronicled in the Book of Psalms. In Psalm 37:19, it is proclaimed that the righteous would still prosper in the midst of famine. And this was exactly what happened with David and his brethren. In 1 Chronicles 29:28, it is said that David enjoyed a life of prosperity, blessed with wealth and honor, and died after living a life full of contentment.

The deaths of and rebellions of his sons and numerous wars and intrigues throughout his reign, where he is called ''a man of blood'', show otherwise.

Joseph became second in command of the country of Egypt. According to Genesis 47:14, he was able to amass his wealth by selling grains.

It wasn't his wealth, and actually is, when you read it, a demonstration how Socialism saved the civilized world from the seven years of famine, because there was no ''selling'' involved, but a handing over and redistribution of what had been stored !

Joseph of Arimathea is mentioned in all four Gospels as the one who asked for the body of Jesus and buried it in his own tomb. One Gospel, Matthew, describes him as a rich man, while Luke describes him as “good and righteous.” Mark and Luke say that he was waiting for the kingdom of God, while John says that he was secretly a disciple of Jesus because of his fear.

Prophesy said that Christ would have a tomb with the wicked upon His Death. Joseph of Arimathea was a rich man who gave Him a Tomb... Joseph's fear might have been more complex than you think, because it would've involved giving everything away.
annatar1914 wrote:It wasn't his wealth, and actually is, when you read it, a demonstration how Socialism saved the civilized world from the seven years of famine, because there was no ''selling'' involved, but a handing over and redistribution of what had been stored !

Wrong.
When the famine was spread over all the face of the earth, then Joseph opened all the storehouses, and sold to the Egyptians; and the famine was severe in the land of Egypt.
(Genesis 41:56 NASB)

The people of all the earth came to Egypt to buy grain from Joseph, because the famine was severe in all the earth.
(Genesis 41:57 NASB)

Now Jacob saw that there was grain in Egypt, and Jacob said to his sons, “Why are you staring at one another?” He said, “Behold, I have heard that there is grain in Egypt; go down there and buy some for us from that place, so that we may live and not die.” Then ten brothers of Joseph went down to buy grain from Egypt.
(Genesis 42:1-3 NASB)

There is buying and selling - CAPIALISM.
HalleluYah
Hindsite wrote:Wrong.
The people of all the earth came to Egypt to buy grain from Joseph, because the famine was severe in all the earth.
(Genesis 41:57 NASB)

There is buying and selling - CAPIALISM.
HalleluYah

The text later supports the very opposite of what you think it does, and again, I will show you, for Saint Joseph the Patriarch used the Egyptians Capitalism to institute Socialism;

Genesis Chapter 47

13 There was no food, however, in the whole region because the famine was severe; both Egypt and Canaan wasted away because of the famine. 14 Joseph collected all the money that was to be found in Egypt and Canaan in payment for the grain they were buying, and he brought it to Pharaoh’s palace. 15 When the money of the people of Egypt and Canaan was gone, all Egypt came to Joseph and said, “Give us food. Why should we die before your eyes? Our money is all gone.”

16 “Then bring your livestock,” said Joseph. “I will sell you food in exchange for your livestock, since your money is gone.” 17 So they brought their livestock to Joseph, and he gave them food in exchange for their horses, their sheep and goats, their cattle and donkeys. And he brought them through that year with food in exchange for all their livestock.

18 When that year was over, they came to him the following year and said, “We cannot hide from our lord the fact that since our money is gone and our livestock belongs to you, there is nothing left for our lord except our bodies and our land. 19 Why should we perish before your eyes—we and our land as well? Buy us and our land in exchange for food, and we with our land will be in bondage to Pharaoh. Give us seed so that we may live and not die, and that the land may not become desolate.”

20 So Joseph bought all the land in Egypt for Pharaoh. The Egyptians, one and all, sold their fields, because the famine was too severe for them. The land became Pharaoh’s, 21 and Joseph reduced the people to servitude,[c] from one end of Egypt to the other. 22 However, he did not buy the land of the priests, because they received a regular allotment from Pharaoh and had food enough from the allotment Pharaoh gave them. That is why they did not sell their land.

23 Joseph said to the people, “Now that I have bought you and your land today for Pharaoh, here is seed for you so you can plant the ground. 24 But when the crop comes in, give a fifth of it to Pharaoh. The other four-fifths you may keep as seed for the fields and as food for yourselves and your households and your children.”

25 “You have saved our lives,”
they said. “May we find favor in the eyes of our lord; we will be in bondage to Pharaoh.”

26 So Joseph established it as a law concerning land in Egypt—still in force today—that a fifth of the produce belongs to Pharaoh. It was only the land of the priests that did not become Pharaoh’s.

He took the grain reserve and fed the Egyptian people, gradually having them turn over everything to the government for redistribution, and in doing so saved their lives.

But I am literally done with talking to you about this. You will see or you won't, sooner or later. I'm confident that I am right, so it does no good to discuss this further
annatar1914 wrote:The text later supports the very opposite of what you think it does, and again, I will show you, for Saint Joseph the Patriarch used the Egyptians Capitalism to institute Socialism;

Genesis Chapter 47

He took the grain reserve and fed the Egyptian people, gradually having them turn over everything to the government for redistribution, and in doing so saved their lives.

But I am literally done with talking to you about this. You will see or you won't, sooner or later. I'm confident that I am right, so it does no good to discuss this further

After those people spent all their money for food, then they traded all their livestock for food. When their livestock were gone, the people had to sale their land and then their own bodies as slaves to stay alive. So that is redistribution under socialism? I suppose it is better than to die of starvation, but it still reminds me of Venezuela in the end. Then socialism is how the children of Israel became slaves in Egypt for 400 years.
Hindsite wrote:After those people spent all their money for food, then they traded all their livestock for food. When their livestock were gone, the people had to sale their land and then their own bodies as slaves to stay alive. So that is redistribution under socialism? I suppose it is better than to die of starvation, but it still reminds me of Venezuela in the end. Then socialism is how the children of Israel became slaves in Egypt for 400 years.

The children of Israel were indeed reduced to servitude under a Pharoah that ''knew not Joseph'', but remaining in Goshen one can only posit that they remained shepherds for a percentage of the time, and were forced into the building of the Egyptian fortress cities called Pi-Thom and Rameses in Scripture. Being Shepherds, and with the Egyptians themselves finding Shepherding abominable, they were regarded no doubt as the lowest of the low in Egyptian society. It was an Ethnic thing, not socio-economic.

All of which is to say that you ignored the fact that Joseph's seizing of all the private property and goods.... Saved Egypt and Joseph's people from destruction.

Since this is a pattern that does not appear to be remediable I won't continue these sorts of discussions with you.

Just English and scottish actually. Absolute ho[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

We're getting some shocking claims coming through.[…]

Most of us non- white men have found a different […]

@Unthinking Majority Canada goes beyond just t[…]