Iran : War or Regime Change ? - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
Ter wrote:We take note of your opinion.
Nothing of what I posted has been denied or proven wrong.
POD played the whatabout game and skinster basically had nothing to say except for het ususal anti-Israel propaganda.

Here we go again:

If your reasons for war against Iran are the ones you gave, then logically you also support regime change or war against the countries I listed.

If you do not support war or regime change in the cases I mentioned, then there must be other reasons as well for your proposed intervention.

And you never addressed my point about blowback. Regime change in Iran happened in 1953. And now we are dealing with blowback because of that intervention.

If the objective is to make Iran a threat again in a few decades, then war or regime change is a good idea.

Is that one of the reasons why you wish to invade Iran and not the US?
Pants-of-dog wrote:If your reasons for war against Iran are the ones you gave, then logically you also support regime change or war against the countries I listed.

If you do not support war or regime change in the cases I mentioned, then there must be other reasons as well for your proposed intervention.

The reasons I gave speak for themselves.
Iran is a war-mongering, aggressive, theocratic state, with a proven track record of arming, funding and training groups that are recognised as terrorists by the whole world (except by a few questionable countries). Iran uses those groups as proxy armies.

That said, you continue with your whataboutisms.

The reason I want to see Iran de-fanged and beaten is because they threaten to annihilate Israel. No other country in the world is being threatened with annihilation.

Why are the anti-Zionists so obsessed by Israel? Because that is the reason they want to protect Iran of course.

The Rohingyas from Myanmar are very much comparable to the Arabs who call themselves Palestinians. They were chased away from their homesteads, they were massacred (for real in their case), they have become refugees in other countries. And so on. Yet we see almost nothing in the pofo world about them. It is all about Israel Israel Israel. Care to explain that ?

It would help to look at the background of the posters. Skinster is our model anti-Zionist on Pofo. She was born in a Muslim Pakistani family who emigrated to the UK. Her zealotry for the Arabs can safely be assumed to be correlated with her background. Maybe not to a 100% but still.
The other anti-Zionists are either leftists or have other reasons to hate Israel or rather, its inhabitants.

As for you, POD, your country of origin, Chile, has been the victim of USA interference with a high cost to the population as a result. Your anti-Western point of view can be safely associated with your background as well.

So where does that leave us ?
My thesis is that Iran is a dangerous entity in the Middle East. Even its Arab neighbours would like to see it cut down to size because Iran is busy actively fomenting more and more trouble between Shia and Sunni countries.

POD complaining about USA's interference is valid but should be the subject of another thread.
Ter wrote:The reason I want to see Iran de-fanged and beaten is because they threaten to annihilate Israel. No other country in the world is being threatened with annihilation

.... Bullshit....

Under constant threat of Mainland communist invasion since the same year your beloved country was born....

.... And your country doesn't even recognise them despite the fact they recognise you....

Your country supports the communist bastards while shitting on "the Israel of Asia, fighting for it's right to exist and be considered legitimate".

Hypocrites.
colliric wrote:.... Bullshit....

No, the situation between China and Taiwan bears no resemblance to the one between Iran and Israel.
China considers Taiwan a wayward province and would like to reunite, like they have done with Hongkong and Macao. Did China "annihilate" Hongkong or Macao ? No they didn't.
Does Iran want to "reunite" with Israel ? No they don't.

So why that emotional outburst about Taiwan and China ?
It might have something to do with the background of said poster, just saying.
Ter wrote:No, the situation between China and Taiwan bears no resemblance to the one between Iran and Israel.
China considers Taiwan a wayward province and would like to reunite, like they have done with Hongkong and Macao. Did China "annihilate" Hongkong or Macao ? No they didn't.
Does Iran want to "reunite" with Israel ? No they don't.

So why that emotional outburst about Taiwan and China ?
It might have something to do with the background of said poster, just saying.

Neither Macao or Hong Kong were their own country. Both were colonies of other European countries. So you are incorrect Ter. Taiwan is totally self-reliant and self-governing.

China wants to annihilate the independence of the Taiwan government and has openly threatened invasion many times, rather than the handover process that both HK and Macao went through. Why? Because the Chinese Communist Party still wants to destroy the Chinese Nationalist Party after all these years.

And the feeling is supposed to be traditionally mutual, after all the Taiwan government(or at least the Kuomintang) use to be the Government of all of China and use to threaten to reinvade China in return.

Israel sides with the communists instead of the poor country struggling to survive that seems to be in a similar situation to itself.
Ter wrote:We take note of your opinion.
Nothing of what I posted has been denied or proven wrong.
POD played the whatabout game and skinster basically had nothing to say except for het ususal anti-Israel propaganda.

Ter, you've only posted your opinion. That's all you ever share. And you didn't explain where Hezbollah came from. Do you remember from that time that I took you back to school and explained it to you? When you didn't have a clue. :lol:

All of what you stated is your opinion, which you're entitled to have, but it's nowhere near reality, unless you can prove how. Because as usual, Ter basically had nothing to say except for the usual Israeli hasbara, that most people see for the bullshit it is. :D
skinster wrote:Ter, you've only posted your opinion. That's all you ever share. And you didn't explain where Hezbollah came from. Do you remember from that time that I took you back to school and explained it to you? When you didn't have a clue. :lol:

All of what you stated is your opinion, which you're entitled to have, but it's nowhere near reality, unless you can prove how. Because as usual, Ter basically had nothing to say except for the usual Israeli hasbara, that most people see for the bullshit it is. :D

As was to be expected, not a single fact I posted got answered to by our resident zealot anti-Zionist. Some mumbling about "hasbara". And that was it.
And as usual, some bad language.

And by the way, it is not just my opinion that Iran is a belligerent aggressive state at the moment. A coalition is forming with not only Israel but several Sunni-majority Islamic countries banding together against Iran. And last but not least, the USA.
Ter wrote:The reasons I gave speak for themselves.
Iran is a war-mongering, aggressive, theocratic state, with a proven track record of arming, funding and training groups that are recognised as terrorists by the whole world (except by a few questionable countries). Iran uses those groups as proxy armies.

And I addressed that by pointing out that many ither countries do this.

That said, you continue with your whataboutisms.

You do not seem to know what a wahtaboutism is.

I am not saying you are wrong because of these other countries that also supoort terrorists. I am saying that you logically should supoort war or rgime change for these countries as well, unless there is another reason.

The reason I want to see Iran de-fanged and beaten is because they threaten to annihilate Israel. No other country in the world is being threatened with annihilation.

Many nations are threatened with annihilation right now. Including ones targeted by the US.

Why are the anti-Zionists so obsessed by Israel? Because that is the reason they want to protect Iran of course.

The Rohingyas from Myanmar are very much comparable to the Arabs who call themselves Palestinians. They were chased away from their homesteads, they were massacred (for real in their case), they have become refugees in other countries. And so on. Yet we see almost nothing in the pofo world about them. It is all about Israel Israel Israel. Care to explain that ?

It would help to look at the background of the posters. Skinster is our model anti-Zionist on Pofo. She was born in a Muslim Pakistani family who emigrated to the UK. Her zealotry for the Arabs can safely be assumed to be correlated with her background. Maybe not to a 100% but still.
The other anti-Zionists are either leftists or have other reasons to hate Israel or rather, its inhabitants.

None of this is relevant.

As for you, POD, your country of origin, Chile, has been the victim of USA interference with a high cost to the population as a result. Your anti-Western point of view can be safely associated with your background as well.

The truth of my claims is independent of my past. So this part is also irrelevant.

So where does that leave us ?
My thesis is that Iran is a dangerous entity in the Middle East. Even its Arab neighbours would like to see it cut down to size because Iran is busy actively fomenting more and more trouble between Shia and Sunni countries.

The Us and the UK do far more to destabilize the region.

POD complaining about USA's interference is valid but should be the subject of another thread.

Your logical inconsistency (not condemning western nations for doing the same things for which you accuse Iran) is noted.

Also, you are still ignoring my blowback argument.
Pants-of-dog wrote:And I addressed that by pointing out that many ither countries do this.

My post does not pretend to include the actions of other countries.
I am talking about Iran.
You can start a tread about those other countries if you so wish.

Pants-of-dog wrote:I am not saying you are wrong because of these other countries that also supoort terrorists. I am saying that you logically should supoort war or rgime change for these countries as well, unless there is another reason.

What I think or do not think about those other countries is not relevant in my post.
I only wished to discuss Iran and its malignant policies and actions.
I believe I am the OP of this thread, so start your own if you feel the need to talk about other countries.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Many nations are threatened with annihilation right now. Including ones targeted by the US.

If there are so many, you will have no problem naming a few, yes ?
Which other countries have been threatened with annihilation ?

Pants-of-dog wrote:None of this is relevant.

On the contrary, I find the background and motivation of posters quite relevant.
I am sorry you do not see it that way. Your opinion is not that important.

Pants-of-dog wrote:The truth of my claims is independent of my past. So this part is also irrelevant.

Not really. Each one of us is a product of their past. It explains your attempt to compare Western nations to evil nations like Iran.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Also, you are still ignoring my blowback argument.

I don't blow anyone.
Ter wrote:My post does not pretend to include the actions of other countries.
I am talking about Iran.
You can start a tread about those other countries if you so wish.

What I think or do not think about those other countries is not relevant in my post.
I only wished to discuss Iran and its malignant policies and actions.
I believe I am the OP of this thread, so start your own if you feel the need to talk about other countries.

As long as we agree that your reasons for war or regime change logically imply that we should do the same for the US, the UK, and other western countries.

If there are so many, you will have no problem naming a few, yes ?
Which other countries have been threatened with annihilation ?

All indigenous nations on the territory we call the USA are currently threatened.

On the contrary, I find the background and motivation of posters quite relevant.
I am sorry you do not see it that way. Your opinion is not that important.

Not really. Each one of us is a product of their past. It explains your attempt to compare Western nations to evil nations like Iran.

Irrelevant.

I don't blow anyone.

:roll:

Do you even know what my argument is?
Ter wrote:As was to be expected, not a single fact I posted got answered to by our resident zealot anti-Zionist.

You didn't post any facts, you posted your opinion. And yes, I am an anti-zionist because I'm an anti-racist. I don't like racism and I am very proud, thanks for reminding me. :D

Some mumbling about "hasbara". And that was it.

That's because hasbara is all you have. All you're doing is repeating what raving neocons and zionists and wahabists say about Iran, you're not original in the slightest, I've heard everything you say from people much smarter than you, believe it or not.

And as usual, some bad language.

Thanks.

And by the way, it is not just my opinion that Iran is a belligerent aggressive state at the moment. A coalition is forming with not only Israel but several Sunni-majority Islamic countries banding together against Iran. And last but not least, the USA.

All you're saying is that the US and its client/puppet states in the region hate Iran. What a fucking shock. :lol:
Denmark recalls envoy to Iran over foiled attack plot

Tehran denies planning to kill Iranian opposition figures in Scandinavian country, says allegations part of an European conspiracy against it

COPENHAGEN, Denmark — Denmark on Tuesday recalled its ambassador to Iran after it accused Tehran of plotting a foiled attack against three Iranians living in the Scandinavian country.

“I have decided to recall Denmark’s ambassador in Tehran for consultations… Denmark can in no way accept that people with ties to Iran’s intelligence service plot attacks against people in Denmark,” Danish Foreign Minister Anders Samuelsen told reporters.

The planned operation was “totally unacceptable,” he said, adding he was consulting with “partners and allies,” including the EU, about possible sanctions.

Earlier Tuesday, the head of Denmark’s intelligence service PET, Finn Borch Andersen, said his agency believed the Iranian intelligence service “was planning an attack in Denmark” against three Iranians suspected of belonging to the Arab Struggle Movement for the Liberation of Ahvaz.

A Norwegian of Iranian origin was arrested on October 21 and placed in custody, suspected of planning the attack and spying for Iran.

The suspect was detained in Sweden, according to the Swedish security service Sapo.

Iran has denied the Danish allegations, with foreign ministry spokesman Bahram Ghasemi saying they were part of a European conspiracy against Iran.

In late September, Tehran accused Denmark, the Netherlands, and Britain of “hosting several members of the terrorist group” that Iran accuses of being responsible for an attack in the mainly ethnic Arab city of Ahvaz in southwestern Iran.

The September 22 attack, in which five commandos opened fire on a military parade, left 24 people dead.

The Islamic State jihadist group and a separatist Arab group claimed responsibility.
‘Will stand up to Iran’

“It is totally unacceptable that Iran or any other foreign state plans assassinations on Danish soil,” Danish Prime Minister Lars Lokke Rasmussen wrote on Twitter.

“Further actions against Iran will be discussed in the EU.”

In Oslo, where he was participating in a meeting of Northern European leaders, Rasmussen met with British counterpart Theresa May, whom he said expressed “support” for Denmark in the matter.

“In close collaboration with UK and other countries we will stand up to Iran,” he added.

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said the US stood behind Denmark.

“We congratulate the government of Denmark on its arrest of an Iranian regime assassin. For nearly 40 years, Europe has been the target of Iran-sponsored terrorist attacks. We call on our allies and partners to confront the full range of Iran’s threats to peace and security,” he wrote on Twitter.

Iran’s ambassador to Copenhagen was summoned to the foreign ministry for an explanation on Tuesday.

PET’s announcement ended weeks of media speculation about why Denmark shut down bridges to Sweden and ferries for several hours on September 28 in a massive manhunt that mobilized hundreds of police and the military.

The shutdown was aimed at foiling the Iranian operation, PET acknowledged on Tuesday.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/denmark-r ... tack-plot/

The Iranian regime caught once again trying to murder people in other countries. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Denmark, The Netherlands, Germany, France, Belgium, Britain, more and more European countries start to realise how criminal the Iranian regime is.
Time is almost up for Iran.
From tomorrow, serious economic sanctions ! :excited:
Iranians reel from renewed US sanctions feted by Israel

TEHRAN, Iran — Seventy-year-old Heidar Fekri has been selling industrial equipment from his small store in a Tehran bazaar since before the revolution, but for the first time he is not sure he can survive.

He means it literally: “My shelves are empty, my warehouses are empty and soon I will have to close the doors. This has been my entire life — I won’t survive long after the doors close.”

Iran’s economy had plenty of problems even before US President Donald Trump decided in May to abandon the 2015 nuclear deal and reimpose “crippling” sanctions.

But that move exacerbated a record drop in Iran’s currency, down 70 percent in the past year, and prompted an exodus of foreign firms.

Anticipation of the return of the the full sanctions, including the oil embargo — due to kick in on Monday — has already plunged the country into recession and will see the economy shrink by 3.6 percent next year, says the International Monetary Fund.

For Fekri, who has been bringing in industrial pumps and drills from Europe for 47 years, the uncertainty means he has not imported anything for more than a year.

“Sales have dropped 90 percent compared with six months ago. The whole bazaar is suffering,” he told AFP.

Almost all products in Iran — from medicines to aircraft spares to plastic bottles — is tied into the global supply chain, so the currency collapse and renewed isolation threatens every corner of society.

The government has been forced to provide food baskets to around half Iran’s households as inflation soars.
‘Thank you President Trump’

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Saturday praised US President Donald Trump for reenacting all sanctions on Iran that had been lifted under the 2015 nuclear deal.

“For years I’ve called for fully renewing sanctions against Iran’s murderous terror regime that endangers the entire world,” he said in a statement.

“The effect of the initial sanctions is already being felt — the [local currency] is at a low, Iran’s economy is at a low and we’re already seeing results on the ground,” he added. “Thank you President Trump for this historic action. Sanctions are indeed coming.”

The sanctions, which will take effect on Monday, cover Iran’s shipping, financial, and energy sectors and are the second batch the administration has reimposed since Trump withdrew from the landmark accord in May. The rollback ends US participation in the nuclear deal, which now hangs in the balance as Iran no longer enjoys any relief from sanctions imposed by the world’s largest economy.

For Iran’s middle class, perhaps the biggest blow is psychological, as the burst of hope that accompanied the nuclear deal in 2015 — the promise of the country finally shedding its pariah status — has evaporated.

“No one knows what the Americans actually want. We did everything they wanted and it wasn’t enough. It feels like bullying,” said Sam Cordier, head of PGt Advertising, which represents foreign clients such as British Airways and Nestle in Tehran.

Washington says the sanctions are designed to curtail Iran’s “destabilizing” activity in the Middle East, but many see them as an attempt to trigger a revolution.

“It’s not fair for the Americans to incite violence. If this continues, all the professional businessmen with something to share through knowledge and investment will leave,” said Cordier.

He was forced to sack six of his 30 staff and reduce salaries for the rest as, one by one, his foreign clients packed their bags.

“I was crying every 10 minutes when I told them. These are the people who are being hurt. Many young, educated people are leaving the country. There’s a massive brain-drain,” he said.
‘Burned generation’

There is plenty of hatred towards the Trump administration, but a surprising number of Iranians pin the blame on their own government for not better protecting them.

“Yes, America is doing bad things but they are looking out for their interests. If our state had looked out for Iran’s interests, we wouldn’t have the situation we have now,” said Erfan Yusufi, 30, whose hip new coffee shop is struggling to cope with rising prices and falling demand.

Iran’s leaders face a tricky balancing act, remaining defiant in the face of US pressure, while acknowledging the economic pain felt in the country.

“All of us understand people are suffering and under pressure,” President Hassan Rouhani told parliament last weekend.

“We cannot tell our people that because of America’s pressure, we cannot do anything. This answer is not acceptable.”

He blamed foreign media for “filling people’s minds with false propaganda” about soaring prices, though Iran’s own central bank says food prices rose 46.5 percent in the year to September.

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani speaks during a press conference in New York on September 26, 2018,on the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly. (AFP PHOTO / Jim WATSON)

For all the problems, there is little sign that Iranians want another revolution, not least because a sizeable number are still fiercely supportive of the last one.

Most others are fearful of violent unrest, cowed by the security forces or uninterested in doing the bidding of a foreign power.

There is instead a sad resignation among many young people, who often refer to themselves as the “burned generation” for having been denied the chance to realize their potential.

“I’m worried about the future,” said Yusufi in his coffee shop. “Our generation starts each day not knowing what will become of us.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/iranians- ... by-israel/

This looks pretty bad for Iran and its people.
I am willing to contribute to a solution by giving free advice to the Iranian regime : stop the threats. stop arming terrorists, stop interfering in other countries. Iran is big enough and there are enough challenges at home. Peace - Shalom
Bombing in Iran Kills 41 Revolutionary Guards, Iranian Media Say

Haha :lol:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/13/worl ... mbing.html
[This is a developing story. We will keep updating it as we learn more.]

TEHRAN — A suicide bomber killed 41 members of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps on a bus in a restive region of southeast Iran on Wednesday, Iranian media reported. It was among the deadliest attacks in Iran in years.

The Revolutionary Guards, an elite Iranian paramilitary force, quickly blamed the United States for the assault, which came during the week that Iran’s leaders have been celebrating the 40th anniversary of the Islamic revolution that overthrew the American-backed shah in 1979.

The Revolutionary Guards did not explain precisely how the Americans could have been involved in the attack. But Iranian officials suggested it was more than coincidental that it happened as the Trump administration was hosting an anti-Iran-themed meeting in Poland that included delegations from Iran’s regional adversaries, Israel and Saudi Arabia.

Dispatches by the official Islamic Republic News Agency and the Fars News Agency said the victims had been traveling between the cities of Zahedan and Khash near the Pakistan border, a haven for militant separatist groups and drug smugglers.

After initially reporting that at least 20 people had died in the attack, with an additional 20 wounded, Fars updated the death toll to at least 41 — suggesting that everyone on the bus had been killed. Other Iranian media said at least 27 were dead.

Fars said a bomber driving a car full of explosives on a highway had detonated it near the bus, and a video posted on the agency’s website showed what it said were the charred remains of the bus.

On the social messaging app Telegram, a militant Sunni extremist group called Jaish al-Adl claimed responsibility for the attack, but officials did not confirm that the group was involved. Jaish al-Adl, which means Army of Justice, has links to Al Qaeda and has operated in southeast Iran for years.

A statement issued by the Revolutionary Guards said the bus had been “carrying the warriors of Islam soldiers who were returning from the region to their cities after completing their border mission.”

While the United States and Israel have accused Iran of fomenting terrorism in the Middle East, Iran itself has also been the target of terrorist attacks since the Islamic revolution.

Editors’ Picks

He Committed Murder. Then He Graduated From an Elite Law School. Would You Hire Him as Your Attorney?

A New Breed of Hunters Focuses on the Cooking

Julia Cameron Wants You to Do Your Morning Pages
Last September, gunmen killed at least 25 people and wounded 60 in an assault on a military parade in Ahvaz, in southwestern Iran, where Arab separatists are active. The victims were a mix of Revolutionary Guards members and civilian onlookers.

Less than two years ago, armed assailants, some disguised as women, stormed the Parliament building and the tomb of Iran’s revolutionary founder, in coordinated assaults that left at least 12 people dead. The Islamic State claimed responsibility, boasting that the attacks were its first ever against Iran, where the Shiite Muslim majority is loathed by the Islamic State’s Sunni extremist ideologues.

A southeastern Iranian province, Sistan and Baluchistan, is home to several extremist Sunni groups such as Jaish al-Adl that have committed sporadic bombings, assassinations and other attacks on Iranian security forces and officials.

The latest attack came against the backdrop of a two-day diplomatic meeting in Warsaw organized by the United States and aimed partly at pressuring and isolating Iran.

Iranian leaders have often accused the United States and its key Middle East allies, Saudi Arabia and Israel, of supporting armed opposition groups inside Iran with money, intelligence and weapons. Representatives of at least one Iranian opposition group, the Mujahedeen Khalq, or MEK, which has advocated regime change in Iran and was once considered a terrorist organization by the United States, were present at the Warsaw meeting.

Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif of Iran, in a posting on his Twitter account, quickly drew a link between the Warsaw meeting and the deadly bus attack.

“Is it no coincidence that Iran is hit by terror on the very day that #WarsawCircus begins?” he wrote. “Especially when cohorts of same terrorists cheer it from Warsaw streets & support it with twitter bots? US seems to always make the same wrong choices, but expect different results.”

Subscribe for original insights, commentary and discussions on the major news stories of the week, from columnists Max Fisher and Amanda Taub.

A well-known Iranian hard-line politician, Hamid Reza Taraghi, also drew a connection between the attack and Iran’s most outspoken adversaries, including Maryam Rajavi, a leader-in-exile of the MEK who was in Warsaw for the group’s “Free Iran” opposition rally.

Mr. Taraghi said “dozens of terrorist plots” intended to be carried out on Monday, when Iran officially celebrated the Islamic revolution anniversary, had been foiled by Iranian intelligence services.

The bus bombing was “not a big deal militarily, but this suicidal attack in the border area is a cowardly act,” Mr. Taraghi said. “For sure Saudi Arabia, America and MEK must be blamed.”

Then the protesters are merely criticizing the pol[…]

You're funny. https://www.amazon.co[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The Israeli government could have simply told UNRW[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

And the Ukraine aid bill is signed by Biden. Time […]