Iran : War or Regime Change ? - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
Oxymandias wrote:I have no such information. Could you please tell me where you got this information? In other words, what is the source?

I read this in the local press from Europe.
You asked me if I spoke Persian, well, no, and you cannot read the local press from Europe.
The whole plot is now under investigation and no news is leaking out for the moment.

Oxymandias wrote:Why, they didn't even live in Iran so they would be a Belgian couple.

If one of the spouses is of Iranian origin, they don't need to live in Iran to be blackmailed. But you know that.

Oxymandias wrote:Has there been any evidence that the Iranian diplomat is the instigator and organizer of the plot?

That evidence has not been released but I am confident that it exists, otherwise they would not have arrested a diplomat. (if he had recognised diplomatic status, he could not legally have been arrested according to the Vienna Convention of 1812, there must be some reason they could get away with it, maybe he was outside of the country where he was accredited, I have seen this happen in Africa long ago)

Oxymandias wrote:The perpetrators were Ansar Allah one of the fronts of Hezbollah and it's one that Hezbollah has given autonomy to. Iran funds Hezbollah. Therefore, only if you jump through several mental hoops is Iran the perpetrators of the bombing.

I hold Iran responsible for it. Hezbollah would not commit such an atrocity but on direct order from Teheran. The attempts from Iran, successful up to now, to obstruct the investigation into the terrorist attack by Argentina, is further proof of its direct involvement. But keep on denying it, it just proves what a good Iranian patriot you are (and I do not blame you for that).

Oxymandias wrote:That isn't a terrorist network, that's just one guy attacking Israelis

:lol:
@Ter

I read this in the local press from Europe.
You asked me if I spoke Persian, well, no, and you cannot read the local press from Europe.
The whole plot is now under investigation and no news is leaking out for the moment.

It depends on the language. I can read English and something from Switzerland. Just tell me the local press, I can translate it on Google or whatever.

If one of the spouses is of Iranian origin, they don't need to live in Iran to be blackmailed. But you know that.

That wasn't my implication at all. My argument was that I just don't have the information. You refuse to tell me of the newspaper that made such claims and thus, I can't see whether or not it's a reputable source.

That evidence has not been released but I am confident that it exists, otherwise they would not have arrested a diplomat. (if he had recognised diplomatic status, he could not legally have been arrested according to the Vienna Convention of 1812, there must be some reason they could get away with it, maybe he was outside of the country where he was accredited, I have seen this happen in Africa long ago)

I mean, based on the articles I have been reading, he was only taken into custody. He wasn't arrested. Based on this, the diplomat could've simply been in the wrong place at the wrong time but he also could have connections to the plot. Either way, we have no such information and are thus incapable of making any judgement on the matter.

I hold Iran responsible for it. Hezbollah would not commit such an atrocity but on direct order from Teheran. The attempts from Iran, successful up to now, to obstruct the investigation into the terrorist attack by Argentina, is further proof of its direct involvement. But keep on denying it, it just proves what a good Iranian patriot you are (and I do not blame you for that).

Why would Hezbollah be incapable of committing such an atrocity? Furthermore, the only terrorist attack that have been allegedly connected directly to Iran is the recent planned bombing of an opposition meeting. Everything else can be either attributed to individuals or Hezbollah. Hezbollah is not Iran's puppet and often doesn't take direct orders from them. Hezbollah has many financiers outside of just Iran that have their own goals or ways to utilize Hezbollah. The case of Argentina was of a group tied to Hezbollah that even Hezbollah couldn't control. How would Iran orchestrate something that they wouldn't even know of. Iran doesn't even know what Hezbollah is doing half the time and Hezbollah isn't properly integrated into the Iranian government for them to even be aware of a Hezbollah branch in fucking Argentina. Hezbollah probably doesn't even give a shit about it since the only purpose of that branch is to expand their influence.

Furthermore, I'm not denying anything. I am refuting it. You seem to be the one who is so determined to tie Iran to everything related to Hezbollah as if they are one of the same. This is simply not the case if you understand anything about Middle Eastern geopolitics. Militia groups simply do not operate this way nor are their interactions with larger powers as simplistic as you make them to be. Militia groups in Mashriq aren't proxies, at least in the conventional sense.

:lol:

Then I would like to know exactly what you are referring to since I found only one incident of a terrorist attack directly instituted by Iran in Cyprus. What is this network you are talking about?
Oxymandias wrote:It depends on the language. I can read English and something from Switzerland. Just tell me the local press, I can translate it on Google or whatever.

It was not in English. This incident happened weeks ago and I cannot right now spend the time to look it up. Besides, we have internet connectivity issues from our location.

Oxymandias wrote:I can't see whether or not it's a reputable source.

It was a mainstream reputable news source from Western Europe.
They had no agenda to sully Iran.

Oxymandias wrote:Hezbollah is not Iran's puppet and often doesn't take direct orders from them.

This is where we differ. I am convinced Hezbolla is Iran's bitch, they are aligned with it and financed by it. Hezbollah is Iran's proxy army.
Hezbollah is a resistance org in Lebanon who sent the Israelis home in 2006 after the terrorist IDF committed ANOTHER war on its neighbours. Whether Iran funds/arms them is their business. Israel gets arms and funding from the US empire so Hezbollah and anyone else can get the same from whoever the fuck they like, hypocrite.

Also notable is Ter as usual posts his shit opinion with nothing to back it up, despite multiple requests. :D
@Ter
Hezbollah's funding from Iran is less than 5% of its total budget at its peak.
Which is why economic downturn in Iran has no effects on Hezbollah. Its not where the main source of income comes from.

And no, Hezbollah is allied to the Islamic republic of Iran (its important to specify who in Iran we're talking about) and not their puppet or proxy.
skinster wrote: Israel gets arms and funding from the US empire so Hezbollah and anyone else can get the same from whoever the fuck they like, hypocrite.

Whatever, lady who sells tickets in a museum, your opinion is less than worthless.
Go do some more propaganda re-tweeting because you have nothing to say :lol:

anasawad wrote:Which is why economic downturn in Iran has no effects on Hezbollah.

Sure, but the other way round, whatever Iran spends on Hezbollah cannot be used for the Iranian people. And the economic sanctions have just started.
Ter wrote:Whatever, lady who sells tickets in a museum, your opinion is less than worthless.
Go do some more propaganda re-tweeting because you have nothing to say :lol:

I don't work at a museum anymore and I didn't sell tickets there anyway :lol: but even if I did, that doesn't stop you from being a godamn liar who has provided no sources to back up your shit claims, despite being repeatedly asked. I was merely pointing that out. Again. Your opinion - which is all there is so far ITT - is worthless, but for some reason you have some unwarranted arrogance. :D
skinster wrote:I don't work at a museum anymore and I didn't sell tickets there anyway

:lol: I knew that but I love to hear you deny it...

skinster wrote: that doesn't stop you from being a godamn liar who has provided no sources to back up your shit claims, despite being repeatedly asked.

You are using vulgar dirty words again, that is not a sign of an educated high class woman :D .

I was having a pretty polite conversation with Oxymandias and here you came barging in, insulting and cursing, you have nothing to contribute except filthy language and insults as per your usual. Go to sleep and dream about Israel being destroyed :excited: :lol: :lol: You care about nothing else it seems. But OK, we can all have dreams that will never get realised in the real world, it is OK shush now.
For someone who shills for Israel like a complete out-of-touch lunatic, you considering me high or low class is absolutely meaningless.

I also expect this from you, anything for you to deflect away from not being able to prove your shit opinion, that you've been repeatedly asked to do. Nobody trusts your shit opinion, Ter. I don't know why you think anyone would.
@Ter

It was not in English. This incident happened weeks ago and I cannot right now spend the time to look it up. Besides, we have internet connectivity issues from our location.

Tell me the name of the publication. Surely you remember that? There are no internet connectivity issues on my end.

It was a mainstream reputable news source from Western Europe.
They had no agenda to sully Iran.

What is it's name?

This is where we differ. I am convinced Hezbolla is Iran's bitch, they are aligned with it and financed by it. Hezbollah is Iran's proxy army.

Iran isn't where a majority of it's funding comes from nor does Iran have any of it's administration located in any of Hezbollah's fronts.
Oxymandias wrote:Tell me the name of the publication. Surely you remember that? There are no internet connectivity issues on my end.

As I said, I read it in a respected newspaper from a Western European Nation.
Another reason I cannot disclose the name is that I risk losing my anonymity, something I am trying to avoid. I live as an expatriate and keeping my native mother tongue undisclosed helps me keeping my anonymity.

Anyway, there is ample reading material on the internet to demonstrate Iran's involvement with terrorism.

Iran and state-sponsored terrorism
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_and_ ... _terrorism
is a good starting point

Iranian Diplomat, Three Others Arrested over Foiled Terror Plot to Bomb Anti-Iran Regime Rally in Paris
An Iranian diplomat and three other Iranians were arrested for planning to bomb the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI)’s annual “Free Iran” rally which took place on Saturday in the Paris suburb of Villepinte and where several high-profile politicians including Rudy Giuliani spoke.

Belgian authorities reportedly said an unnamed Iranian diplomat, who works for Tehran’s mission to Austria, was arrested in Germany on Monday.

Also on Monday, a Belgian married couple, who are of Iranian heritage, were reportedly detained with “attempt at terrorist murder and preparing a terrorist crime” against the Mujahedin-e-Khalq (MEK). A fourth suspect was arrested in France.

https://www.breitbart.com/london/2018/0 ... lly-paris/

You might dispute the veracity of Breitbart and maybe also accuse the Wikipedia of being subjective but as far as I can see Western European nations would not detain or arrest diplomats without good reasons.
[usermention=14303]@Ter[/

Then you have no sources. I see. I respect your decision, it is simply that you have nothing to back up your point.

I have already read that Wikipedia article and I can assure you all of the incidents with the exception of the most recent one are allegedly due to Iran. All the terrorist acts done are by Hezbollah which we have clarified is not Iran’s puppet nor does Iran have the leverage to make them their puppet due to consisting of a minority of their funding.

If you are aware that Breitbart is not reputable why link it anyways? I have already offered an explanation as to how the diplomat could’ve been arrested and still be innocent. The core of the matter is that we don’t have enough information to make a judgement. Any judgement we make as of now will simply be baseless. I’m not saying you can’t go with your gut and think Iran has something to do with the bombing, but it’s a fact that Iran was involved since you don’t possess the information to make that judgement.
@Ter

Depends on where you are, but overall it is that bad. Iran still applies the same free trade neoliberal policies of the previous president. It has become dependent upon other countries instead of being self sufficient.

I expect the government to realize this and throw away those policies. If not the government, then the Iranian people.
Fears rise, diapers vanish: Iran currency crash causes chaos

By JON GAMBRELL, Associated Press

TEHRAN, Iran — Iran's rial fell to a record low on Wednesday as worried residents of Tehran lined up outside beleaguered moneychangers, part of a staggering 140-percent drop in the currency's value since America pulled out of the nuclear deal only four months ago.

Those who went to work at the start of the Iranian week on Saturday saw their money shed a quarter of its value by the time they left the office Wednesday. Signs of the currency chaos can be seen everywhere in Tehran, where travel agents offer vacation prices only in hard currency and diapers have disappeared from store shelves — something acknowledged by the supreme leader.

Many exchange shops in downtown Tehran simply turned off their electronic signs showing the current rate for the U.S. dollar, while some Iranians who wanted hard currency sought out informal money traders on street corners. Exchange shops that remained open offered 150,000 rials to the U.S. dollar.

"Everyone's just nervous," said Mostafa Shahriar, 40, who was seeking dollars.

There was no immediate acknowledgement of the drop on state media.

Iran's economy has faced troubled times in the past, whether from the shah overspending on military arms in the 1970s or the Western sanctions following the 1979 Islamic Revolution and U.S. Embassy takeover. Drastic fluctuations in oil prices have also taken a toll.

This time, however, feels different. The currency has crashed along with hope many felt following the 2015 nuclear deal Iran struck with world powers, including the administration of then-President Barack Obama.

Iran agreed to limit its enrichment of uranium in exchange for the lifting of some sanctions. The West had feared Iran would use its nuclear material to build atomic bombs, while Tehran has always insisted its activities are purely peaceful.

In May, despite the United Nations repeatedly acknowledging Iran had lived up to the terms of the deal, President Donald Trump withdrew America from the accord. He said he wanted stricter terms put on Iran that included limiting its ballistic missile program, curtailing its regional influence and forever limiting its nuclear activities.

While European nations say they want the deal to continue, America's enormous influence in global financial markets led oil companies and airplane manufacturers to quickly withdraw from working in the country. Harsher sanctions loom in early November, including those targeting Iran's oil industry, a key source of hard currency.

The Trump administration denies it is seeking to overthrow Iran's government through economic pressure, but Iranian officials say the link is clear.

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, Iran's supreme leader, called the U.S. moves economic "sabotage" this past weekend, and specifically mentioned the diaper shortage. Some 70 percent of material for disposal diapers is imported. As the rial falls, it makes purchasing the material from abroad more expensive.

"Imagine that in Tehran or other major cities, baby diapers suddenly become scarce. This is happening, this is real, this is not make-believe. Baby diapers!" Khamenei said, according to a transcript on his official website. "This makes people angry. On the other side, the enemy wants people to be angry with the government and system. This is one of their ways."

The head of the government's budget and planning department told lawmakers Wednesday that authorities have allocated $13 billion for commodities and medicine, with another $6 billion to help the poor, according to parliament's website.

Lawmakers dropped a plan for the distribution of subsidized goods directly to the people after budget head Mohammad Bagher Nobakht warned there would "be long queues in front of the shops, like money exchange houses, that can create an ugly scene in the city alleys and streets."

Such lines could be seen Wednesday in front of money exchange shops near downtown Tehran's Ferdowsi Square. The shops required those purchasing foreign currency to show their airplane tickets for travel abroad. Those without tickets were turned away, with many seeking out informal moneychangers, who discreetly waved wads of U.S. currency to signal their presence.

Those who were waiting cheerfully spoke to an American journalist visiting a city where weathered graffiti still proclaims "Down with the U.S.A."

One young couple, who planned to soon be married, wanted to get hard currency to protect themselves against the market.

"We have some savings, and (the) value of our money is going down every day while the dollar's price keeps going up," said Sadjad, a 25-year-old who gave only his first name out of concerns about speaking publicly. "We figured we should buy some dollars to protect our assets."

His 24-year-old fiancée, Fatemah, said even the price of her sought-after wedding dress kept changing.

"Unfortunately every item we lay our hands on suddenly gets expensive," she said.

Shahriar, the 40-year-old man seeking dollars, blamed government inaction in part for the crisis.

"There is no glimmer of hope that the situation changes because everything depends on firstly the government's policy to sort out this problem," he said. "And we have up to now seen no kind of practical and effective way or solution on behalf of the government to solve this problem."

As one man waiting in line for dollars at an exchange shop muttered with a smile: "It's the land of confusion."

___

Associated Press writers Nasser Karimi, Mohammad Nasiri and Amir Vahdat in Tehran, Iran, contributed to this report.

https://www.wral.com/iran-s-rial-at-wor ... /17820609/

This sounds ominous, it does not look as if this can go on much longer.
If the people become desperate, the government cannot remain in place if they do not change their policies.
Western interests in the Middle East are actually not Western interests at all. The pursuit of these so called interests is detrimental to Western countries and the staiblity of Western Eurasia. I have said it before and still maintain that the West needs to pull back from the Middle East. It is not a choice, it must happen otherwise the West will be finished. Perpetual conflicts and refugee crises and then the big final war with Iran which will lead to a third world war.

The Western presence there creates hatred among peoples of the region. The West is seen as imperialist and an enemy.

But then the West loves to invite in migrants while simultaneously attempting to colonise the homelands of these migrants.

It is time to let someone else do the heavy lifting there. Sitting in the heart of Europe I do not feel at all threatened by Iran. I feel more threatened by lunatic immigration policies. Personally I do not have any interest in what type of government Iran has or what it is attempting to do in the Middle East. If Iran starts putting naval bases in the North Sea then I might start to worry but I think they have quite a long way to go before they can invade Berlin or Paris. At the moment I am more worried about becoming an ethnic minority in my own homeland and seeing the historic nations of Europe changed beyond recognition.
Political Interest wrote:At the moment I am more worried about becoming an ethnic minority in my own homeland and seeing the historic nations of Europe changed beyond recognition.

Where do you live?
@Political Interest I do understand some of the anxiety about European peoples losing their identity and whatnot. It's a pretty primal fear to be outdone and replaced by another ethnic group and such. But it's unrealistic. There's hundreds of millions of European people in Europe. I don't think African and Middle Eastern immigrants will replace those hundreds of millions of Europeans any time soon.

This white genocide stuff promoted by certain people on this forum and elsewhere (I'm not talking about you PI) is the stuff of losers denying they fantasize about interracial cuckoldry and projecting their semi-flaccid denials onto their "opinions" about global affairs.

Furthermore, society is constantly in the process of change. Western culture differed radically one century ago, and even 50 years ago and less it looked much different and many values were far from what they are today. In 50 years it will look different as well. Obsessing about a romanticized ideal of what the past "was" isn't very healthy for one's mind. Interracial cuckolding projections/fantasies are the result (just take a quick look at some of the threads being posted in in the last month). Don't go down that path, PI.

@Rich more veterans lose their lives in peace ti[…]

@FiveofSwords You still haven't told us how yo[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

You just do not understand what politics is. Poli[…]

Are you aware that the only difference between yo[…]