Iran : War or Regime Change ? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
The Washington Post wrote:House Minority Whip Steny H. Hoyer said Monday that President Trump’s bellicose tweet about Iran was “unbecoming of an American president” and called it an attempt to distract from his “essentially un-American” performance at last week’s summit in Helsinki with Russian President Vladi­mir Putin.

The blistering assessment by Hoyer (D-Md.) came in response to Trump’s late-night warning Sunday night to Iranian President Hassan Rouhani — in all capital letters — that Iran would face severe consequences if it threatens the United States again.

“He’s weak on Putin, and he wants to prove he’s tough on Rouhani,” Hoyer said in an interview with The Washington Post. “It’s a distraction. It’s a distraction from the problems that he’s having both with the awful, essentially un-American performance that he had in Helsinki, and I think this is just a way to sort of turn and beat his chest and say, ‘I can be really tough on people,’ and Rouhani and Iran are an easy target.”

He just nailed it.
Beren wrote:You just posted the same tweet? :lol:

It does not matter what she re-tweets. The same or another one, who cares ? :lol:

Political Interest wrote:But let's not forget Israel's final option if it is ever threatened. They will fire nuclear weapons at everyone. European capitals are targets.

Samson Option.

skinster wrote:Nobody cares.

Lol, skinster is willing to give up half of Europe to see Israel attacked. :excited:
Her hatred knows no bounds.

skinster wrote:A war on Iran would be horrific, not just for Iran. But would likely make it so Israel is finally attacked, and man is that overdue.

More proof of skinster real reason to defend Iran.
So much hatred, wow!
But don't hold your breath for your wish to be realised. :D
No, the content, you idiot. I can't believe I have to explain this to you. :lol:

Anyway stop derailing this thread of zionist fantasies of destroying another country. You really don't have to respond to everything I post.
skinster wrote:No, the content, you idiot. I can't believe I have to explain this to you. :lol:

Anyway stop derailing this thread of zionist fantasies of destroying another country. You really don't have to respond to everything I post.

THE CONTENT!!! :lol: You don't have to explain anything to me, by the way, you seem an overzealous propagandist anyway, so I know why you couldn't resist posting the same tweet right after my post what you posted right before it. :lol:

I don't respond to everything you post because it's uninteresting bullshit tweets and alike mostly, however, stupid behaviour usually claims response.
I have a strong sense of deja vu coming on here, Vis-a-vis N. Korea.

TRUMP appears to think that if he can 'trump' the 'fat man' of the North, he can make a pair by intimidating the theocratic regime of Iran.
It will not work, he has lost too many 'friends' of America in the West & further afield.

Personally, I he think he will do a rapid volte face when the chips are down.

Iran is wrongly recognised in some quarters as the ideological centre of anti-western feelings,it is not so, Saudi Arabia, whom America, along with the TORY Party here in the UK cosy up to for arms sales, are the fundamental opponents of Western culture.

Tis a pity that when the Shah was deposed by the revolution, that it wasn't replaced by something other than a 'theocracy' in name & substance.

As usual, TRUMP is barking up the wrong tree,as we shall soon see.
skinster wrote:I'm curious how Trump supporters - like @Igor Antunov - feel about Trump's current warmongering, since he pretended to be opposed to ME wars during the election. :?:

Skinsterina, you are the one that said not to drink too much cool aid but here you are doing the same.....

You might like him or you might hate him but Trump ain't a warmonger. What war did he exactly start? With Korea? With Iran? With China?
You can start calling him a warmonger when he actually starts some war or orders bombings of some countries like Bush Sr, Clinton, Bush Jr or Obama did. Trump is rather tame by American presidential warmongering standards.

At best, you can blame him for bombing Syria(Something that he inherited from Obama) or moving the embassy(Something that he inherited from the republican party obligations). But he hasn't started any new wars, not yet at least.
JohnRawls wrote:Skinsterina, you are the one that said not to drink too much cool aid but here you are doing the same.....

You might like him or you might hate him but Trump ain't a warmonger. What war did he exactly start? With Korea? With Iran? With China?
You can start calling him a warmonger when he actually starts some war or orders bombings of some countries like Bush Sr, Clinton, Bush Jr or Obama did. Trump is rather tame by American presidential warmongering standards.

At best, you can blame him for bombing Syria(Something that he inherited from Obama) or moving the embassy(Something that he inherited from the republican party obligations). But he hasn't started any new wars, not yet at least.

There are a few ways to describe TRUMP's actions to regimes that he squares up to,it is of course, a mixture of American military power & Trumpian hubris.
Some would say it's, 'sabre rattling', 'brinkmanship', threatening 'gunboat diplomacy',an attempt to project American 'hegemony'.
Whatever one calls it,however much these regimes abuse the power they have taken upon themselves,the people of those countries suffer so much more than any 'trumped' up charges given by TRUMP,for justification in threatening military attacks on them.

Before American presidents assume any attempts at global 'moral' leadership, perhaps they ought to address the obscene criminal cases of mass murder in their own backyard, before lecturing, or threatening others, not least the gun lobby interest that puts profits before lives.
skinster wrote::lol:

Name me a G8 leader in recent times who was/is not a warmonger in your opinion? Teresa May i guess but anybody else?

And there is clear and objective differences bet[…]

And I don't blame Noam Chomsky for being a falli[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Increasingly, they're admitting defeat. https://tw[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Handcuffed medics, patients with medical equipment[…]