How ISIS replenishes its ranks - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
Despite the fact that terror groups in Syria are almost over, the threat of extremist manifestations in the world is still quite high. At present, according to Al Masdar News, ISIS is preparing a new scale hit. Thus, it is no coincidence that terrorists have increased the scale and a number of attacks on Syrian government forces. In particular, after a terrorist attack on July 27, 2019, several military were killed. "IS" is regrouping and getting ready to regain control of some of the territories.

The organization appeared in 1999 in Iraq as a terror group «Jama`at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad». In 2006, when «Jama`at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad» joined to «Al-Qaeda» and other radical formations, the group named itself as «Islamic State» or «Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant». In 2014 the «IS», proclaiming there the world caliphate, captured significant territories of Syria and Iraq.

After the proclaiming of the so-called «caliphate» and uniting their supporters, the ISIS became the greatest terrorist organization. They had in service not only all of the types of a shooting weapons, but anti-aircraft weapons including portable missile systems of various modifications, artillery, as well as armored vehicles, represented by tanks and combat vehicles. ISIS budget was replenishing with funds from hostage taking, illegal drug and oil selling, as well as from private investors, primarily from the Persian Gulf countries.

ISIS actively replenishes its ranks by recruiting. Thus, according to Public Chamber of the Russian Federation data, over the past three years, the hotline for counteracting the recruitment of citizens in the ranks of radical organizations got about 250 calls. Moscow got the largest call number (48% of all the calls). Then follow Moscow region, Saint Petersburg, Saratov and Irkutsk cities` region. The age of the recruited people is from 16 to 30, because persons of this age are not bound by social obligations and have a reduced instinct of self-preservation usually. Cases of recruitment of wives have also increased. Usually, these are young girls who have a lot of free time and who want romance. The consequences of such recruitment can be observed now when children born in captivity in Iraqi prisons are returning to Russia. No one knows the exact number of Russian women and their children contained in such conditions. Experts say about 500 people, but this is only a small part of the recruited.

Of course, the Internet is the most convenient place for recruitment. People can get all the necessary personal data and select the necessary contingent exactly right here, since the users themselves publish a sufficient amount of information about themselves. The most demanded from the point of view of efficiency among IS ideologists is video content. Video comics are especially dangerous. They clearly explain the injustice of the world and the «righteousness» of terrorist ideology. Accordingly, this content is designed primarily for the receptive psyche of teenagers from 14 to 16 years.

Thus, in view of the frequent cases of recruitment and propaganda of separatist ideology, the main emphasis in opposing terrorist organizations should be placed on the recruitment of recruits and their transfer to the combat zone. It is necessary to pay more attention to youth, to educate them, to occupy, to engage in various public organizations. Recruited young people often have no idea what is going on around the religious dogmas used by recruiters. Thus, the activity of organizations such as ISIS will decrease significantly.
SaddamHuseinovic wrote:ISIS's last stronghold is Afghanistan but they will loose because they reject Afghanistan's strategic ressource, this is Heroin, due to ideology.

ISIS doesn't have a stronghold but it also doesn't need one. ISIS is more of an ideology instead of being an organisation. The problem with such situations is that you need to get rid of the monetary backers and propagandists first and then actually do something about their ground forces. Lets face it though, we are not going to burn 2/3rd of the middle east along with some other places to get rid of ISIS.

This white British man has lost his British citizenship. Probably Jack is already fluent in Arabic and familiar with the Muslim culture, leaving him with no problem with integrating in a Muslim-majority country. Jack will be comfortable with living in Syria, if he is ever released from the Kurdish prison in northern Syria as he said: "I thought I was leaving something behind and going to something better." While in Syria, Letts married a local woman who later had a child.

A Muslim convert who joined the Islamic State group as a teenager has had his British citizenship revoked.

Jack Letts - nicknamed Jihadi Jack in the press - was 18 when he left school in Oxfordshire in 2014 to join IS fighters in Raqqa, Syria.

Mr Letts, who is a dual UK-Canadian national, was jailed after being captured by Kurdish YPG forces while trying to flee to Turkey in May 2017.

A statement on behalf of Canada's public safety minister Ralph Goodale's office said: "Terrorism knows no borders, so countries need to work together to keep each other safe.

"Canada is disappointed that the United Kingdom has taken this unilateral action to off-load their responsibilities."

Canada added that it was aware some Canadian citizens were being detained in Syria, but there was "no legal obligation to facilitate their return".

"We will not expose our consular officials to undue risk in this dangerous part of the world."

In an interview with the BBC's Quentin Sommerville, Mr Letts said: "I know I was definitely an enemy of Britain."

After being pressed on why he left the UK to join the jihadist group, he said: "I thought I was leaving something behind and going to something better."
Jonnorth wrote:ISIS actively replenishes its ranks by recruiting. ...The age of the recruited people is from 16 to 30, because persons of this age are not bound by social obligations and have a reduced instinct of self-preservation usually.

IMO a large fraction of the men who join groups like ISIS do so in order to have a license to rape. They want to forcibly enslave and rape women without facing criminal prosecution, and Islamic jihad gives them that opportunity.
Cases of recruitment of wives have also increased.

Girls who choose to become jihadi wives are probably attracted to an erotic fantasy of being subjected to brutal male domination. It's not that uncommon, even independently of the element of religious conversion.
Truth To Power wrote:IMO a large fraction of the men who join groups like ISIS do so in order to have a license to rape. They want to forcibly enslave and rape women without facing criminal prosecution, and Islamic jihad gives them that opportunity.

Girls who choose to become jihadi wives are probably attracted to an erotic fantasy of being subjected to brutal male domination. It's not that uncommon, even independently of the element of religious conversion.

These are the two most worst takes I've ever seen.

Yeah there's probably some guys and gals who are like that but they aren't the large fraction.

Yeah that's your opinion because your take has no basis in reality.
Truth To Power wrote:IMO a large fraction of the men who join groups like ISIS do so in order to have a license to rape. They want to forcibly enslave and rape women without facing criminal prosecution, and Islamic jihad gives them that opportunity.

Uhhh, wrong. This is a very one sided view.
Palmyrene wrote:These are the two most worst takes I've ever seen.

Distasteful to you, perhaps, but accurate.
Yeah there's probably some guys and gals who are like that but they aren't the large fraction.

How do you know? It's not like they are going to admit it.
Yeah that's your opinion because your take has no basis in reality.

It is very much based in reality, as first-hand accounts of Muslims' routine sexual enslavement and systematic rape of non-Muslim women and girls prove (as well as the Qu'ran). And it's not just ISIS. It's Boko Haram, the Pakistani Muslim gang-rapists in Britain, prolific Muslim rape of Hindu and Sikh girls in India, etc., etc. Mohammed even explained the right ways for Muslim men to rape their sex slaves in the Qu'ran:

https://www.answering-islam.org/Authors ... slaves.htm
Truth To Power wrote:Distasteful to you, perhaps, but accurate.

It's the least accurate take I've ever seen on ISIS and trust me, I've seen alot of bad takes.

I should be asking you that question.

And when people have interviewed former ISIS recruits, 1 or 2 mentioned this aspect of it.

That isn't a large fraction.

It is very much based in reality, as first-hand accounts of Muslims' routine sexual enslavement and systematic rape of non-Muslim women and girls prove (as well as the Qu'ran).

It isn't based on reality at all. For starters, sex slaves aren't routine in Islamic societies. Slavery is used for manual labor amongst certain tribes and even then it's not called slavery. Sex slavery is almost non-existent in Islamic societies.

There is rape in Muslim societies just as much as there is in Western societies. Muslim societies may be more tolerable of it due to patriarchial assumptions about women, but rape is no systematic than it is in the West.

And pointing to the Quran and saying that proves something is ridiculous. The Quran doesn't make rape permissible and even slaves have to be treated well.

And it's not just ISIS. It's Boko Haram, the Pakistani Muslim gang-rapists in Britain, prolific Muslim rape of Hindu and Sikh girls in India, etc., etc. Mohammed even explained the right ways for Muslim men to rape their sex slaves in the Qu'ran

So two terrorist groups, a myth (recently the attempted rape of two lesbian women was done by white British people), and an exaggeration (I hope you know that rape of Muslim women is also prevalent in India).

And let's not forget how this doesn't prove that ISIS attractive because of their license to rape. If, according to you, rape is already prevalent in Muslim societies and all can't go a day without raping someone, then why do they need to join ISIS?

That's a literal altright website that intentionally takes statements from the Quran out of context.

I can do the same to the Bible and get worse statements.
Truth To Power wrote:Distasteful to you, perhaps, but accurate.

It is very much based in reality, as first-hand accounts of Muslims' routine sexual enslavement and systematic rape of non-Muslim women and girls prove (as well as the Qu'ran). And it's not just ISIS. It's Boko Haram, the Pakistani Muslim gang-rapists in Britain, prolific Muslim rape of Hindu and Sikh girls in India, etc., etc. Mohammed even explained the right ways for Muslim men to rape their sex slaves in the Qu'ran:

Because you are not listening. You are trying to view it from your side of the story. Take a step beck and listen more instead of judging. There is text and video above posted by somebody else. The issue is much bigger than just having perks of raping anyone they want this also doesn't explain why women go there and stay there. Let me give you a hint.

I thought I was leaving something behind and going to something better.
Palmyrene wrote:And when people have interviewed former ISIS recruits, 1 or 2 mentioned this aspect of it.

That isn't a large fraction.

But it's very significant because how many more actually had that motive but were too ashamed to admit it?
For starters, sex slaves aren't routine in Islamic societies.

Any more...
Slavery is used for manual labor amongst certain tribes and even then it's not called slavery. Sex slavery is almost non-existent in Islamic societies.

They just call it, "marriage."
There is rape in Muslim societies just as much as there is in Western societies. Muslim societies may be more tolerable of it due to patriarchial assumptions about women, but rape is no systematic than it is in the West.

Garbage. Rape has skyrocketed in European countries that have accepted large Muslim immigrant populations.
And pointing to the Quran and saying that proves something is ridiculous. The Quran doesn't make rape permissible and even slaves have to be treated well.

The Qu'ran urges Muslim men to forcibly enslave, rape and impregnate non-Muslim women, and force them to raise the resulting offspring as Muslims. That's largely how such an absurd and anti-human religion has been spread.
So two terrorist groups,

Other terrorists don't routinely enslave and rape women.
a myth (recently the attempted rape of two lesbian women was done by white British people),

It's not a myth. If anything, the depredations of Pakistani Muslim rape gangs on under-age British girls have been under-reported.
and an exaggeration (I hope you know that rape of Muslim women is also prevalent in India).

But that's just part of the background level. Religiously mandated rape of non-Muslim women by Muslim men is on top of that.
And let's not forget how this doesn't prove that ISIS attractive because of their license to rape. If, according to you, rape is already prevalent in Muslim societies and all can't go a day without raping someone, then why do they need to join ISIS?

In Muslim societies, there are few or no non-Muslim women to rape. The non-Muslims have all been forcibly converted, forced to flee, or killed. Or already enslaved by other Muslim men who are not about to share.
That's a literal altright website that intentionally takes statements from the Quran out of context.

I've read the Qu'ran, sonny. That BS won't work with me.

I don't deny it for a second. As Richard Dawkins observed, the Judeo-Christian-Islamic God is the most unpleasant character in all of fiction.
Truth To Power wrote:But it's very significant because how many more actually had that motive but were too ashamed to admit it?

They're ISIS recruits. There is no such thing as shame. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's only those 1 or 2 people and both of them were white Westerners so that tells us more about you than Muslims.

Any more...

Yeah, any more. Do you want me to talk about droit du seigneur in Europe or the rape of black slaves in America?

They just call it, "marriage."

No it isn't. For starters wives don't do manual labor and specific rights that are ensured under Islam. Secondly, it's actually mostly foreign Indian contracted workers who are bound to their masters via contracts. This is known as the kalafa system. They're more like serfs than conventional slaves.

You really know absolutely nothing about what you're talking about. You're the Dunning-Kruger Effect as a person.

Garbage. Rape has skyrocketed in European countries that have accepted large Muslim immigrant populations.

No, it hasn't. Zero statistics support this and Sweden doesn't have a high rape statistic because of Muslims, it has a high rape statistic because more women report instances of rape compared to other countries.

If you look at Muslim countries, the rape rate is far lower than most European countries specifically for this reason.

The Qu'ran urges Muslim men to forcibly enslave, rape and impregnate non-Muslim women, and force them to raise the resulting offspring as Muslims. That's largely how such an absurd and anti-human religion has been spread.

:lol:

No it doesn't. I've read the Quran (unlike you since you have to rely on biased websites for your info) and it says none of that.

I challenge you to find a surah, not an out of context quote or a unused hadith, I mean a full surah that says what you're claiming.

I'll wait.

And Islam spread initially through conquest and taxation. Non-Muslims were taxed at a higher rate that Muslims which incentivized conversion.

Other terrorists don't routinely enslave and rape women.

Yeah they do. Christian terrorist groups in Africa have child sex slaves. I'm sure you could take something out of context in the Bible to prove that.

It's not a myth. If anything, the depredations of Pakistani Muslim rape gangs on under-age British girls have been under-reported.

Suuuuuure.

But that's just part of the background level. Religiously mandated rape of non-Muslim women by Muslim men is on top of that.

I have no reason to believe that the stuff you're saying here is anything but a conspiracy theory.

In Muslim societies, there are few or no non-Muslim women to rape. The non-Muslims have all been forcibly converted, forced to flee, or killed. Or already enslaved by other Muslim men who are not about to share.

No it isn't because, unlike Europe, we actually have indigenious non-Muslim religion and they all are in very powerful positions. I can name just 17 groups from the top of my head and in PoFo there's a Lebanese Maronites dude who is part of a super powerful tribe in Beqa'a.

Meanwhile Europe only has Christians. I wonder why...

I've read the Qu'ran, sonny. That BS won't work with me.

There were two other people who claimed they were prophets at the time of Muhammed. Who were they?

It's in the Quran.

I don't deny it for a second. As Richard Dawkins observed, the Judeo-Christian-Islamic God is the most unpleasant character in all of fiction.

Richard Dawkins has never read the Quran so his opinions on anything other than evolutionary biology is to be disregarded.

Not like his theory of memes is even accepted by most scientists nowadays. His theory is old news and new research has found it to be false.
JohnRawls wrote:ISIS doesn't have a stronghold but it also doesn't need one. ISIS is more of an ideology instead of being an organisation. The problem with such situations is that you need to get rid of the monetary backers and propagandists first and then actually do something about their ground forces. Lets face it though, we are not going to burn 2/3rd of the middle east along with some other places to get rid of ISIS.

3 wars in 30 Years against Iraqi Sunnis... Same as Germany did not get a fair peace after WW1. The Kurds got an autonomous Region, The Sunnis are surpressed by the Shia-Government.
JohnRawls wrote:Because you are not listening. You are trying to view it from your side of the story. Take a step beck and listen more instead of judging. There is text and video above posted by somebody else.

And...? How does any of that change the clear message of the Qu'ran and the example of the prophet's life?
The issue is much bigger than just having perks of raping anyone they want

Obviously. It also revolves around US financial, economic, and military attacks on Muslim countries on behalf of oil interests, and the Muslim inferiority complex caused by the West's -- especially Israel's -- military superiority, among other issues.
this also doesn't explain why women go there and stay there. Let me give you a hint.

No, let me give you one: rape is not exclusively a male fantasy.
Truth To Power wrote:
Obviously. It also revolves around US financial, economic, and military attacks on Muslim countries on behalf of oil interests, and the Muslim inferiority complex caused by the West's -- especially Israel's -- military superiority, among other issues.

The old Testament gives more brutal orders...

Israel is defeated by Hezbollah and Hamas, millitias not real armies
@Palmyrene
I challenge you to find a surah, not an out of context quote or a unused hadith, I mean a full surah that says what you're claiming.

That's just ridiculous dude.
A surah doesn't cover one topic, it covers a whole set of topics.
Ayat are used, not Surahs.

If you look at Muslim countries, the rape rate is far lower than most European countries specifically for this reason.

The reasons for this vary between countries.
In some countries it's due to the harsh punishments inflicted, and in others rape is rampant.
Egypt, for example, is one of the rape capitals in the world.

I have no reason to believe that the stuff you're saying here is anything but a conspiracy theory.

It's called Sabi, A Sabiyyah is a sex slave.
The Quran discusses this in various places and it's allowed in Islam for all non-Muslim women taken as bounty in times of war.
The prophet even held several sex slaves. And the practice was indeed rampant throughout Islamic history, even up until recently until the international community started taking action.

No it isn't because, unlike Europe, we actually have indigenious non-Muslim religion and they all are in very powerful positions.

Non Muslims have been in an existential war against the expansionist Sunni Islam for centuries.

there's a Lebanese Maronites dude who is part of a super powerful tribe in Beqa'a.

I'm not a Maronite.
And my tribe is Persian. My clan is the result of a mixture of 2 branches, 1 Persian and 1 native Lebanese.

Just, don't try to deny that the Quran explicitly endorses sex slavery. It really isn't going to work.
Slavery is used for manual labor amongst certain tribes and even then it's not called slavery.

That's now. But throughout history the reality was different.
Which is why groups that try to revive history are shit, i.e. Salafists.

Factually untrue.

The Quran doesn't make rape permissible and even slaves have to be treated well.

Against Muslim women, sure. But the Quran does allow sex slavery and does allow a Muslim man to lay with a female slave.
Considering that she'd be a slave and has no choice, it is rape, Simply the Quran doesn't call it rape.

You can go and find the same things from Islam web and any other sites that are founded and ran by Islamic scholars and Islamic authorities.

One is held as law and being applied, the other is not.
Big difference.
anasawad wrote:@Palmyrene
That's just ridiculous dude.
A surah doesn't cover one topic, it covers a whole set of topics.
Ayat are used, not Surahs.

I'm making it easier for him. If he couldn't find it in an entire surah, he couldn't find it in an ayat.

The reasons for this vary between countries.
In some countries it's due to the harsh punishments inflicted, and in others rape is rampant.
Egypt, for example, is one of the rape capitals in the world.

However we don't actually know how bad rape is in Muslim countries because it's so underreported.

In contrast, places like Sweden have broad categorization for sexual assault and encourage women to report all instances of it.

This is why "Sweden is the rape capital of the world".

It's called Sabi, A Sabiyyah is a sex slave.
The Quran discusses this in various places and it's allowed in Islam for all non-Muslim women taken as bounty in times of war.
The prophet even held several sex slaves. And the practice was indeed rampant throughout Islamic history, even up until recently until the international community started taking action.

That is completely irrelevant to the claim that "the Quran encourages Muslims to rape women". Slavery and sex slaves are another matter entirely. Sabi, like slaves, have specific ways in which they are to be treated.

And it wasn't until the international community took action that these things ceased. They were made illegal before then by domestic secular states, either just secular or Pan-Arabist, but it is still practiced underground in human trafficking.

Non Muslims have been in an existential war against the expansionist Sunni Islam for centuries.

Yeah no. Persecution is completely different from "existential war" and Sunni Islam has already expanded.

I also find it strange you leave Shia Islam out of this despite Iran literally kicking out the Bahais a couple of centuries back.

I'm not a Maronite.
And my tribe is Persian. My clan is the result of a mixture of 2 branches, 1 Persian and 1 native Lebanese.

Native Lebanese isn't a race so you're either from a Maronite lineage or something else like Syriac or Aramaic.

Just, don't try to deny that the Quran explicitly endorses sex slavery. It really isn't going to work.

It doesn't endorse slavery or sex slavery. It doesn't say "go get sex slaves" like what the weirdo I responded to was suggesting.

That's now. But throughout history the reality was different.
Which is why groups that try to revive history are shit, i.e. Salafists.

The conversation is about the present. TTP is trying to claim that this stuff goes on now, not before.

Factually untrue.

There is not "systematic rape". It isn't state-sanctioned. You don't see people egging each other to rape women. That's ridiculous.

Against Muslim women, sure. But the Quran does allow sex slavery and does allow a Muslim man to lay with a female slave.
Considering that she'd be a slave and has no choice, it is rape, Simply the Quran doesn't call it rape.

Ye true. But that's completely different from saying that Muslim men are encouraged to rape women or something.

You can go and find the same things from Islam web and any other sites that are founded and ran by Islamic scholars and Islamic authorities.

Depends on the authority.

One is held as law and being applied, the other is not.
Big difference.

The Bible is held as law in certain communities, usually in the US.

The Quran is basically up to interpretation if you follow the Sunni sect which is why there are so many Sunni Sufis in contrast to Shia Sufis, the possibility for interpretation is high.

We've discussed this.

Trump and Biden have big differences on some issue[…]

Moving the goalposts won't change the facts on th[…]

There were formidable defense lines in the Donbas[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 28, Thursday No separate peace deal with G[…]