Is a Mid-East Union the solution??? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
The Mid-Eastern Nations are all small economies compared to the giants: USA (+Canada and Mexico) EU and China

The close cooperation between Israel and the UAE shows coextistence is possible.

An kind of EU with Israel Egypt the Gulf states and perhaps Turkey?

Could this lead to lower tensions in the region?

I know it is illusoric but who knows.

I think ASEAN could be the example.
It's the other way around, a Middle Eastern ASEAN would be the outcome of a solution. But yes, maybe the real solution would be for people to prioritize common economic interests over ethno-religious ones if that's what you mean.
There were some weak attempts in the 1960’s/70’s to try to being about a United Arab union; but it always fell apart. Egypt and Syria actually merged for a short period, but it fell apart quickly.

Many here probably know more than me, but there is more than one kind of Arab and Arabs have different religions, with Islam the dominant faith, but there are denominations of Islam that do not co-exist, mainly Shiite and Sunni. There is also an Alawite denomination.

Even without Israel, the Middle East has nations that do not like each other and have wars with each other in the past. Iraq and Iran, Iraq and Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia and Yemen. Saudi Arabia and Iran (knowing Iran is not Arabic but Persian but the similar religious beliefs). So one huge obstacle is the have a United Islamic religion instead of sects.
What could possibly end this conflict between Iran And Saudi Arabia. Well when the Russia launched its Special operation, the Liberals naturally demanded that this conflict must be laid aside. I mean if the Liberals decide that a conflict must take precedence, who are the rest of the world to disrespect the West's orders. The Liberals requested, nay demanded that this conflict must come to an end in order for them to get behind Ukraine.

And remarkably Saudi and Iran complied, well they half complied. :lol: They put aside there thousand year old conflict in order to support Russia. :lol: As I am so often forced to say, you just can't make this stuff up.
Sandzak wrote:The Mid-Eastern Nations are all small economies compared to the giants: USA (+Canada and Mexico) EU and China

The close cooperation between Israel and the UAE shows coextistence is possible.

An kind of EU with Israel Egypt the Gulf states and perhaps Turkey?

Could this lead to lower tensions in the region?

I know it is illusoric but who knows.

I think ASEAN could be the example.

Being large is a burden, the most succesful states are smaller states that can find their nieche. Not all of them are tax heavens. So the best question that you should be asking yourself is how to create a stable framework security and economise wise for yourself and the region as a whole and not how to become a large ass structure.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@Godstud did you ever have to go through any of […]

@FiveofSwords Bamshad et al. (2004) showed, […]

Let's set the philosophical questions to the side[…]

It's the Elite of the USA that is "jealous&q[…]