The Lion's Den - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
By JohnRawls
skinster wrote:Zionists got a fraction of what they deserve today.

Glory to the resistance! 8)

So that's why Hama's tortured and killed at least 200 mostly young people from Israel and abroad during a concert for peace. That German women activist was from there.
@JohnRawls @skinster

Hamas is nothing but a poodle and stooge to Iran, who give them money, weapons, and training. They are nothing but a bunch of bloodthirsty, EVIL terrorists.
By Istanbuller
Certainly Israel's oppression of Palestinian people now backfires. Tensions in the West and Israel are likely to grow more as Muslim populations grow more and more. What about the West to approach Muslim world in a more peaceful way?
By annatar1914
Istanbuller wrote:Certainly Israel's oppression of Palestinian people now backfires. Tensions in the West and Israel are likely to grow more as Muslim populations grow more and more. What about the West to approach Muslim world in a more peaceful way?

@Istanbuller :

Until the West and everything and everyone else is Islamic. Got it, that is your peace
By wat0n
skinster wrote:Zionists got a fraction of what they deserve today.

Glory to the resistance! 8)

You mean the largest 1-day massacre of Jews since the Holocaust?

Because "Zionists" here means Jews.

Now Israel will likely reoccupy Gaza and disarm the population, going house by house looking for firearms if necessary. The same will happen in the West Bank if Fatah decides to immolate itself like Hamas did.
By JohnRawls
wat0n wrote:You mean the largest 1-day massacre of Jews since the Holocaust?

Now Israel will likely reoccupy Gaza and disarm the population, going house by house looking for firearms if necessary. The same will happen in the West Bank if Fatah decides to immolate itself like Hamas did.

Iranian people seem to be against supporting Palestine and don't really like the Mullahs ideas on the matter: https://9gag.com/gag/aL13pPv

They shouted "Take that Palestinian flag and shove it up your ass" during a football game recently. Not super much evidence but it is what we got. Pretty interesting.
By wat0n
JohnRawls wrote:Iranian people seem to be against supporting Palestine and don't really like the Mullahs ideas on the matter: https://9gag.com/gag/aL13pPv

They shouted "Take that Palestinian flag and shove it up your ass" during a football game recently. Not super much evidence but it is what we got. Pretty interesting.

Iran has been experiencing intermittent yet massive protests for several years now, this isn't too surprising. Now, it doesn't seem to be all that relevant when it comes to their foreign policy.
By JohnRawls
Rancid wrote:I wonder what the Saudi's are thinking.

It is not the Saudis, the whole point of this is to prevent Israel from signing full aknowledgement treaty with the Saudis since it is almost negotiated. At least not the ruling Saudis. Israel almost normalised all of its relations with the Saudis and that final signature would cement it. Now all of this can be de-railed by this Hamas attack. I guess it is one of the main points besides just countries using this as an excuse to deal with their internal issues by focusing on Israel hate(Iran, Syria, Lebanon and UAE + Turkey but they are just standalone not in cahoots with the 4 mentioned before)
By wat0n
JohnRawls wrote:It is not the Saudis, the whole point of this is to prevent Israel from signing full aknowledgement treaty with the Saudis since it is almost negotiated. At least not the ruling Saudis. Israel almost normalised all of its relations with the Saudis and that final signature would cement it. Now all of this can be de-railed by this Hamas attack. I guess it is one of the main points besides just countries using this as an excuse to deal with their internal issues by focusing on Israel hate(Iran, Syria, Lebanon and UAE + Turkey but they are just standalone not in cahoots with the 4 mentioned before)

UAE's statement on the attack was very similar to that of any Western country, I wouldn't include it in this group.

This war can only postpone yet not permanently derail an Israeli-Saudi treaty, both countries still have reasons to agree to a deal.
By JohnRawls
wat0n wrote:UAE's statement on the attack was very similar to that of any Western country, I wouldn't include it in this group.

This war can only postpone yet not permanently derail an Israeli-Saudi treaty, both countries still have reasons to agree to a deal.

Yeah, that is how UAE operates and then you see Al Aljazeera doing its stuff. Actually my bad, I meant Qatar.
By Rancid
JohnRawls wrote:
It is not the Saudis, the whole point of this is to prevent Israel from signing full aknowledgement treaty with the Saudis since it is almost negotiated. At least not the ruling Saudis. Israel almost normalised all of its relations with the Saudis and that final signature would cement it. Now all of this can be de-railed by this Hamas attack. I guess it is one of the main points besides just countries using this as an excuse to deal with their internal issues by focusing on Israel hate(Iran, Syria, Lebanon and UAE + Turkey but they are just standalone not in cahoots with the 4 mentioned before)

The old guard of Saudi Arabia was all pro-Palestine correct (or am I completely mistaken here?)? Is it fair to say the crown prince doesn't give a shit about that?
By JohnRawls
Rancid wrote:The old guard of Saudi Arabia was all pro-Palestine correct (or am I completely mistaken here?)? Is it fair to say the crown prince doesn't give a shit about that?

Yeah but they seem it as a useless fight nowadays. It also kinda undermines Bin Salmans ideas for the future. Hence the agreement that is almost signed and relation normalised and also why they did say to cut the bullshit out and create a ceasefire or something instead of blaming Israel.

I bet there are some Wahabi dudes who are against these ideas but I am pretty sure their crown prince either already roasted their ass or in the process. We all know how he deals with any opposition or descent.

Their current ruler is heavy handed and tricky. It feels like Bin Salman is somebody who kills you if you fuck with him or fuck with his money. Hence why he keeps the oil prices high and does a lot of things that might be considered whatever he wants. Most people seem to ignore the fact that high oil prices is to almost 90% degree Bin Salmans doing and him artificially cutting production through OPEC+.
By Rancid
JohnRawls wrote:
Yeah but they seem it as a useless fight nowadays. It also kinda undermines Bin Salmans ideas for the future. Hence the agreement that is almost signed and relation normalised and also why they did say to cut the bullshit out and create a ceasefire or something instead of blaming Israel.

I bet there are some Wahabi dudes who are against these ideas but I am pretty sure their crown prince either already roasted their ass or in the process. We all know how he deals with any opposition or descent.

Their current ruler is heavy handed and tricky. It feels like Bin Salman is somebody who kills you if you fuck with him or fuck with his money. Hence why he keeps the oil prices high and does a lot of things that might be considered whatever he wants. Most people seem to ignore the fact that high oil prices is to almost 90% degree Bin Salmans doing and him artificially cutting production through OPEC+.

What strikes me as interesting about this, is that this basically means that Bin Salman is willing to play the geopolitical game in a sort of "big kids tables" way, if that makes sense. That is, for better or worse, he engages with the rest of the world not on ideological terms, but in terms of maneuvering in a way that prioritizes power and money for himself (or his faction at the table). This is how the other powers do it as well. The surface level ideological/religious/human arguments/maneuvering are basically used for propaganda basically. Those types of factors are to be managed and besides the point. This is how the game is played by Western powers and China for example. I don't count Russia in that lot, as it seems Putin has bought into his own propaganda. He went from selling crack to smoking it so to speak. Hence the general agreement that geopolitically speaking, no matter how much land he hangs on too, he lost. Anyway, that's for another thread.

I guess what I'm saying is, the Saudi's are playing the game better than Putin.

Does this assessment of mine make sense? All of that said, maybe I'm not understanding this fully. :lol:
By skinster
The West's hypocrisy towards Gaza's breakout is stomach-turning

JohnRawls wrote:So that's why Hama's tortured and killed at least 200 mostly young people from Israel and abroad during a concert for peace. That German women activist was from there.

What concert for peace? It was a techno festival on the border of the largest open air prison in the world, AKA as a concentration camp to some, imprisoning 2.3 million people and over a million children. What kind of savages party near this type of prison?

Zionists this weekend have learned that they will never be secure if the Palestinians continue to be oppressed.

wat0n wrote:You mean the largest 1-day massacre of Jews since the Holocaust?

I mean the day of resistance from Palestinians who've been oppressed for seven decades. What did you think, that this oppression could go unabated and the prisoners would not finally break out from their incarceration? Just because people like you ignore the daily violence against Palestinians, doesn't mean we do, nor they themselves who suffer it.

260 Palestinians have been killed this year alone before this weekend, so acting like Israel was just plodding along peacefully is absolute nonsense.

No, racist. Zionist means Zionists. Most of the Jews I know are as opposed to Zionism as I am; they hate their identify/ethnicity/religion associated with the racist settler-colony that is Israel.

Gaza has been occupied, blockaded and its inhabitants imprisoned for over 16 years. If they do a ground invasion, all I can say is good luck to them, since they'll need it.

Rancid wrote:I wonder what the Saudi's are thinking.

They put out a statement condemning Israel for starting all of this. Which is the correct position. Good luck on that whole "normalisation" thing..
By JohnRawls
Rancid wrote:What strikes me as interesting about this, is that this basically means that Bin Salman is willing to play the geopolitical game in a sort of "big kids tables" way, if that makes sense. That is, for better or worse, he engages with the rest of the world not on ideological terms, but in terms of maneuvering in a way that prioritizes power and money for himself (or his faction at the table). This is how the other powers do it as well. The surface level ideological/religious/human arguments/maneuvering are basically used for propaganda basically. Those types of factors are to be managed and besides the point. This is how the game is played by Western powers and China for example. I don't count Russia in that lot, as it seems Putin has bought into his own propaganda. He went from selling crack to smoking it so to speak. Hence the general agreement that geopolitically speaking, no matter how much land he hangs on too, he lost. Anyway, that's for another thread.

I guess what I'm saying is, the Saudi's are playing the game better than Putin.

Does this assessment of mine make sense? All of that said, maybe I'm not understanding this fully. :lol:

It does but I didn't want to put it that way because I guess it was rude and blunt. Don't get me wrong, the Wahhabi element is still in Saudi Arabia but Bin Salman controls it. Unlike his dad who was more of a conservative and did deals with Wahhabis. I mean for you it might be a good thing in sense that you are implying that Saudi Arabia finally escaped religious dogma, which it sorta did under Bin Salman compared to his father but it doesn't mean that it won't backfire. Iran was also under the Shah until well the Khoemeneis put a stop to that.

Once Bin Salman slips up or goes too heavy handed then he will be "tested". In a sense, the whole point of keeping oil prices high is to prevent that. But that problem will eventually come as it happens with all endless rulers.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ4bO6xWJ4k Ther[…]

@FiveofSwords " chimpanzee " Having[…]

@Rancid They, the dogs, don't go crazy. They s[…]