Who says Iraq has no WMDs? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
By Tovarish Spetsnaz
Man says he was kidnaped by aliens and impregnated!

Seriously...if such a thing had happened...do you think it would be somewhere else besides the Hindustan Times?? :p

Clearly...its pretty poor tabloit propaganda. Not only did they capture the weapons and apparently everyone in India knows about it ( :roll: )...but they even got an estimate on the worth of these weapons...$60 million. My my...those Kuwaiti journalists work fast. What were $60 million worth of chemicals hidden in the underware of these guys??

"Today in one of Saddam's palaces US forces descovered a hidden chemical weapons cache. The weapons consisted of a special blue paste composed of Sodium fluoride and Triclosan. It is believed the purpose of these Chemical Weapons was to combat gingivitus and cavities in Saddam's mouth. Collin Powell has held this as proof that Saddam Hussein possesed chemical weapons and was activly using them (some say up to the first day of the war), against his OWN mouth bacteria." [/url]
jmufarrige wrote:I'm just a little curious why no other references (from cnn.com, associated press, arabnews.com, etc...) have mentioned this story, and after doing a Google search on the topic, the only links returned have all mentioned the hindustantimes article. Have there been any confirmed, independent sources of this?

I heard it on FOX NEWS a few hours later.
By Efrem Da King
Very interesting. Lets hope its turns out to be true. I believe so, but I don't wanna raise my hopes up.
By Tovarish Spetsnaz
Jesus tap-dancing Christ!!!...its fake you geniouses!!!

Its been 2 days now...adn the US itself has released statements in that time saying that NO WMD HAVE BEEN FOUND!!! Maybe you should wait another 2 weeks to see if the story is verified or not :roll:

Maybe in Kuwait Oct 2 is some sort of April Fool's day or something.

Jeeze...I wonder what newspapers will print on April 1 2004 :)
By Enigmatic
The Western media took a looong time picking it up. Originally I guessed that this was because they had checked their sources. Evidently not.

The English language version of the Kuwaiti newspaper Al-seyassah
cited by the Hindustan Times as the source had nothing on the story, merely repeating what Western media said about the unlikelihood of the US finding any new evidence of WMDs in the short term. This suggests that if the paper actually ever ran the story they had their doubts about it....
The UN Monitoring, Inspection and Verification Comission apparently regards the rumours as "unusual".

This seems the most detailed and believable account:
MSNBC
KUWAIT, Oct. 2 — Kuwaiti authorities have seized archaeological artefacts and ''other items'' smuggled from Iraq into Kuwait, Deputy Prime Minister Sheikh Nawaf al-Ahmad al-Sabah said in remarks published on Thursday...Al-Sabah was responding to a question about a report the paper carried on Wednesday that Kuwaiti security forces had foiled an attempt to smuggle artefacts, chemical materials and biological warheads from Iraq to a European country via Kuwait.
Kuwaiti security sources told Reuters on Wednesday the report on the seizure of such weapons was baseless.
Asked about the report of seized biological warheads, al-Sabah also told al-Qabas newspaper: ''Up to now we have not verified this...There are some artefacts that were seized which we are examining to see if they are real or fake.''

http://famulus.msnbc.com/FamulusIntl/re ... eg=MIDEAST
By Tovarish Spetsnaz
Well that explains a lot....

They probably found some drums of oil inside the trucks...and call them "chemical warheads".

Just like those pesticide drums found in Iraq...The first reaction is that they are chemical weapons...

Its that whole...shoot first ask questions later mentality.

I fully understand it, Then what is my argume[…]

FiveofSwords you are severely misinformed about h[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Today I learned that Ukraine is not allowed to use[…]

This way started because the Israeli government a[…]