Why African poverty? - Page 13 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of Africa.

Moderator: PoFo Africa Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Suntzu wrote:My daughter is smart.
Well, we'll see, as I gave that link above, it's hard to white women in the south for resist jungle fever, especially if the male is white with black genes.
By Scamp
Wait a minute, you mean Blacks in Africa are starving and poor. Shucks, the blacks who were lucky enough to come to the US because of slavery...now have decedent's here that are very well fed, even fat. And food is free. They also get free housing, free medical and free money to buy alcohol and gamble with. I guess the blacks that stayed behind got left out.
Last edited by Scamp on 05 Nov 2016 00:29, edited 1 time in total.
Scamp wrote:Wait a minute, you mean Blacks in Africa are starving. Shucks, the blacks who were lucky enough to come to the US because of slavery...now have decedent's here that are very well fed, even fat. And food is free. They also get free housing, free medical and free money to buy alcohol and gamble with. I guess the blacks stayed behind got left out.

You're joking are you?
Scamp wrote:The truth is not a joke.

But that's not the truth. Are you another confederate sympathizer with revisionist of slavery history? Well considering you're Dump support I have one thing to give you:

Imagine that you're being the pinata.
Scamp wrote:What did I write that's not true?
Blacks didn't live better here during slavery times, if you are talking about today, well that's cause you're comparing first world(usa is second world) standards to third world standards. I could say that Serbs or Russians lives better here than their homes, but that's because you people, like every thing else that's good and fair in the world destroy their nations, like a parasite destroys a host.
By Scamp
Tewodros III wrote:But that's not the truth. Are you another confederate sympathizer with revisionist of slavery history? Well considering you're Dump support I have one thing to give you:

Imagine that you're being the pinata.

Define irrelevant ^
By Scamp
Tewodros III wrote:Blacks didn't live better here during slavery times, if you are talking about today, well that's cause you're comparing first world(usa is second world) standards to third world standards. I could say that Serbs or Russians lives better here than their homes, but that's because you people, like every thing else that's good and fair in the world destroy their nations, like a parasite destroys a host.

Nothing to do with the question I asked.
By Drlee
I am nit certain we have even established that Africans are worse off than people elsewhere. Quality of life is a complicated subject. Just because someone does not have a microwave does not mean that they are poor. I know plenty of people who are poor who are very happy.

Define poor in an African sense.
By Patrickov
Drlee wrote:I am nit certain we have even established that Africans are worse off than people elsewhere. Quality of life is a complicated subject. Just because someone does not have a microwave does not mean that they are poor. I know plenty of people who are poor who are very happy.

You're right. Some like N!xau achieved international stardom but in the end just went back to where he came from. They belong to their land, and vice versa.
By Suntzu
Drlee wrote:I am nit certain we have even established that Africans are worse off than people elsewhere. Quality of life is a complicated subject. Just because someone does not have a microwave does not mean that they are poor. I know plenty of people who are poor who are very happy.

Stupid people are easily satisfied, a little sex, a bottle of wine . . . :D
By Godstud
You know Fuck, and All, about poverty Suntzu. You're likely one of those entitled little Millennials who thinks their shit doesn't stink.

All human basic needs are fantastic when you have nothing, but a little snot like you probably doesn't know what poverty actually is. Just STFU, already, you little racist turd.

edit: grammar.
Last edited by Godstud on 06 Nov 2016 01:45, edited 1 time in total.
By Suntzu
Godstud wrote:You Fuck, and All, about poverty Suntzu. You're likely one of those entitled little Millennials who thinks their shit doesn't stink.

All human basic needs are fantastic when you have nothing, but a little snot like you probably doesn't know what poverty actually is. Just STFU, already, you little racist turd.

You must be psychic! Dad's father died when he was 13 in the middle of the depression. Dropped out of school. Did the WWII thing. I came along and a couple of sisters. Both parents worked their asses off. I followed in my father's footsteps, dropped out of school and joined the army. Got out and worked for the railroad. Got fired and went back in the army. Did the Airborne Ranger thing for 20 years. Got out and went to college and got a couple of degrees. Taught school a little. You nailed it!

I eat folks like you for breakfast.
By Drlee
I frankly don't believe you Suntzu. I also did a career in the Army and NEVER heard such racist opinions expressed by a real soldier. A few quietly in the background but never publically.

Rangers rarely use the term "Airborne Ranger". There is no other kind. Rangers are transferred in and out of Ranger units. Few serve a whole career in one. There are a lot of tabbed rangers who have never served in a battalion not to mention 75th rangers.
Suntzu wrote:Folk who believe Blacks are responsible for their own condition are racist. :D

Do you believe that race is an actual biological thing?

-----------------

Scamp wrote:Wait a minute, you mean Blacks in Africa are starving and poor. Shucks, the blacks who were lucky enough to come to the US because of slavery...now have decedent's here that are very well fed, even fat. And food is free. They also get free housing, free medical and free money to buy alcohol and gamble with. I guess the blacks that stayed behind got left out.

Insofar as Africans who stayed in Africa were the targets of racism, slavery, colonialism, imperialism, neo-liberalism, and capitalism, while the descendants of slaves in the US dealt with racism, slavery, and plain old fashioned capitalism, then yes.

Mind you, the fact that you arrived at a conclusion that is similar to the truth, but through faulty reasoning, does not make your faulty reasoning any better.

What you got wrong:
1. Being fat means you are well fed. Lol. No. Being fat means you eat too much junk food and not enough healthy food. As a person living in a low income neighbourhood, I can attest to the fact that it is easier to get pizza than a head of lettuce. It is easier to get banana liqueur than it is to get actual bananas.

For poor people, eating in such a way as to make you fat is far easier, more convenient and less expensive than eating in such a way as to make you well fed.

2. Food is not free. Food stamps might be. For some people. But the act of turning those food stamps into healthy food is a big deal. I spent over an hour and a half today getting fresh fruit, limited by what I could carry. That will feed my family wih fesh fruit for less than a day. There is no way rich people have to spend that much time getting bananas.

3. Free housing? Are you serious? This claim is so ludicrous, I think the burden of proof rests on the claimant. When I type this into Google, I get redirected to housing segregation wikipedia articles. Subsidised housing? Probably. For the poor, and since black people are disproportionately poor, then they would logically be a disproportionately high number of public housing recipients. But that is not free housing.

4. Free medical? This is wrong for the exact same reasons as the previous point.

5. The idea that black people are almost always spending their welfare cheques on alcohol and gambling is a profoundly racist argument. It is also petty moralism. If you want to pat yourself on the back for not drinking and gambling, go ahead, but it is not a logical argument.
The solution to African poverty is simple, end corruption and institute authoritarian rule under a benevolent dictator. Soon foreign investment will arrive and living standards will go up.

Many very poor countries followed a similar path and became extremely wealthy. Blaming the West is pointless. The Africans can only help themselves. White liberals like to participate in self-indulgent "white saviour" discussions about how to deal with African poverty. It is not our issue to deal with and we should stop talking about it. At the end of the day they will only sort themselves out once they get a strongman or benevolent one party state to make them into Singapore or Korea.

Europe and America can only help by not interfering in Africa's internal affairs.

The October 7 attack may constitute an act of atte[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

will putin´s closest buddy Gennady Timchenko be […]

https://youtu.be/URGhMw1u7MM?si=YzcCHXcH9e-US9mv […]

Xi Jinping: "vladimir, bend down even lower, […]