Why African poverty? - Page 14 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of Africa.

Moderator: PoFo Africa Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Political Interest wrote:The solution to African poverty is simple, end corruption and institute authoritarian rule under a benevolent dictator. Soon foreign investment will arrive and living standards will go up.

Many very poor countries followed a similar path and became extremely wealthy. Blaming the West is pointless. The Africans can only help themselves. White liberals like to participate in self-indulgent "white saviour" discussions about how to deal with African poverty. It is not our issue to deal with and we should stop talking about it. At the end of the day they will only sort themselves out once they get a strongman or benevolent one party state to make them into Singapore or Korea.

The only way I can see Africa progressive if they go the Stalin route, destroy any tribal biases and culture and replace it with state civic nationalism. Also remember Globalization is also to blame by the west. Look at nestle and other europe countries
http://www.globalresearch.ca/neo-coloni ... on/5487715
By Suntzu
Drlee wrote:I frankly don't believe you Suntzu. I also did a career in the Army and NEVER heard such racist opinions expressed by a real soldier. A few quietly in the background but never publically.

Rangers rarely use the term "Airborne Ranger". There is no other kind. Rangers are transferred in and out of Ranger units. Few serve a whole career in one. There are a lot of tabbed rangers who have never served in a battalion not to mention 75th rangers.

You don't know what you are talking about. There are non-Airborne Ranger, Leg Rangers. Non-airborne personel that graduate from Ranger School get G MOS qualifier, Airborne get a V. What kind of clerk were you? :D
Suntzu wrote:[Bulaba note: One-liner purged]

Are you aware that bilogists disagree with you, and the current scientific thought is that race exists solely as a social construct and has no genetic basis?

In other words, you are objectively incorrect.
By Suntzu
Pants-of-dog wrote:Are you aware that bilogists disagree with you, and the current scientific thought is that race exists solely as a social construct and has no genetic basis?

In other words, you are objectively incorrect.

[Bulaba note: One-liner purged]
Suntzu wrote:Maybe half disagree.

Doubling down on your ignorance is not a rebuttal.

Now, if there is no biological group called the black race, how can this "black race" all share the same genetic traits?
By Scamp
Look at Zimbabwe, When white people owned land and farmed it, they produced enough food crops to feed the entire country, and even exported food to other African countries. Then the Black African Govt killed or ran off all the white land owners. Now they are starving to death. You cant fix stupid.
Scamp wrote:Look at Zimbabwe, When white people owned land and farmed it, they produced enough food crops to feed the entire country, and even exported food to other African countries. Then the Black African Govt killed or ran off all the white land owners. Now they are starving to death.

Is there a reason you completely ignored the role of colonialism in the history of Zimbabwe?

You cant fix stupid.

I do not think that people are trying to fix your arguments. I think they are trying to show how they are stupid.
By Scamp
Pants-of-dog wrote:Is there a reason you completely ignored the role of colonialism in the history of Zimbabwe?

I do not think that people are trying to fix your arguments. I think they are trying to show how they are stupid.

The truth is heavy. But its still the truth. White farmers produced food to feed the entire country. Blacks took over the land. Now they are starving.

Spin it. :lol:
By Suntzu
Pants-of-dog wrote:Doubling down on your ignorance is not a rebuttal.

Now, if there is no biological group called the black race, how can this "black race" all share the same genetic traits?

James Watson, you know the guy who won the Noble Prize for the discovery of DNA, believes there is such a thing as race. I'll go with him. :lol:
By anasawad
@Scamp
They took it after white colonials destroyed the land and the country.
Thats not them being stupid, that white colonial empires being savages as they are.
By ThirdTerm

Kenya's GDP per capita is 1,245 USD, which is pretty close to that of India (1,498 USD). In Kenya, flower-growing is a $500 million business that dates back to 1969. In 2015, the flower industry amounted to 1.45% of Kenya's GDP, while flower exports contributed to 1.01% of the country's merchandise exports. The country is the third largest exporter of cut flowers in the world, accounting for around 35% of all sales in the European Union. GDP per capita in South Korea was 1,100 USD in 1960.
[A handful of posts which were off-topic, one-liners, or borderline violations of Rule 2 have been removed. No warnings were issued this time, but if the involved parties continue trying to derail this thread, sterner measures will be taken.]

Political Interest wrote:The solution to African poverty is simple, end corruption and institute authoritarian rule under a benevolent dictator. Soon foreign investment will arrive and living standards will go up.

Many very poor countries followed a similar path and became extremely wealthy. Blaming the West is pointless. The Africans can only help themselves. White liberals like to participate in self-indulgent "white saviour" discussions about how to deal with African poverty. It is not our issue to deal with and we should stop talking about it. At the end of the day they will only sort themselves out once they get a strongman or benevolent one party state to make them into Singapore or Korea.

Europe and America can only help by not interfering in Africa's internal affairs.

I have to agree with you PI. Though I'm of the Communist persuasion, I think that an authoritarian, progressive government is preferable to one which sells out its labor and natural resources to the West. Time and again, impoverished or otherwise socially unstable African nations which have gone the way of liberal democracy simply end up being supplanted by foreign interests in the form of transnational corporations which buy their way in.
Scamp wrote:The truth is heavy. But its still the truth. White farmers produced food to feed the entire country. Blacks took over the land. Now they are starving.

Spin it. :lol:

And again, you are simply ignoring history to make somevague comments that are not even an argument.

Let me know when you have an actual argument. Ignoring facts is not an argument.

------------

Suntzu wrote:James Watson, you know the guy who won the Noble Prize for the discovery of DNA, believes there is such a thing as race. I'll go with him. :lol:

Appeal to authority is a logical fallacy. James Watson is also wrong if he believes that.

You also need to put together an actual argument.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Slavery and its legacy have had actual measurable effects on modern Africa.

Of course: Africa still has slavery, and most of the world's slaves are held in Africa, by Africans.
You did not even mention Africa in your last post.

Well, I just made up for it.
Please stop responding to my posts if you are just going to talk about your weird land ideas.

I understand that you do not want me to mention the facts that prove you wrong.
Truth To Power wrote:Of course: Africa still has slavery, and most of the world's slaves are held in Africa, by Africans.

Actually Arabs, some few Africans take part but Arabs own slaves, and soon they'll be dead or enslaved themselves.
Since the miniscule amount of modern slavery has no significant impact on modern global economics, I doubt it has any impact on why Africa is relatively poor.
By Drlee
Pants is right. It is a diversionary argument that the defeated rely on often. Really smart people would not even mention it.

What do the tweets say? ——————— So with Palestin[…]

World War II Day by Day

They are words that will always ring true. So lo[…]

You didn't watch the video I posted earlier which[…]

“Whenever the government provides opportunities […]