Whites in South Africa - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of Africa.

Moderator: PoFo Africa Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
By Ter
AFAIK wrote:I don't see how S Africa plays into this narrative. Maybe the cucks in this thread feel that whites can only compete with blacks in economic and romantic spheres if they impose the most brutal forms of oppression known to man- slavery, segregation, apartheid. As soon as a racially level playing field is created and the gov't picks winners and losers based on class rather than skin tone whites rapidly lose ground and are soon wallowing below the poverty line.

Do you believe whites can compete on an equal level for business opportunities and top jobs in South Africa en Zimbabwe these days?
No, I think whites operate on a superior level due to their several hundred year headstart granting them better education and connections. It seems that many of them feel that they can do better than what S Africa can provide and are leaving the country for better oppourtunities overseas according to third term's source.
By Ter
AFAIK wrote:No, I think whites operate on a superior level due to their several hundred year headstart granting them better education and connections. It seems that many of them feel that they can do better than what S Africa can provide and are leaving the country for better oppourtunities overseas according to third term's source.

That was not my question.
I am sure that whites, even if they are third or fourth generation Zimbabwean or South African, cannot compete on an equal level with blacks in those countries. Many of those whites do not have vastly superior education levels as you mention.
@Ter Whites went from controlling 100% of every boardroom to controlling 90% with one or two token black guys. The white execs got to continue living in their gated communities next door to the good schools. How does this put them at a disadvantage to proletarian blacks living in slums with no toilets?
By Ter
AFAIK wrote:@Ter Whites went from controlling 100% of every boardroom to controlling 90% with one or two token black guys. The white execs got to continue living in their gated communities next door to the good schools. How does this put them at a disadvantage to proletarian blacks living in slums with no toilets?

I am not talking about the blacks in the slums. There is a new upper class and middle class of blacks in SA and Zimbabwe and they rule the roost. Whites have no chance to compete.
The situation is of course much worse in Zimbabwe but it is getting increasingly bad in SA.
By Ter
Hong Wu wrote:I read an article that in classic failed state fashion, there were food shortages after they kicked many white farmers out of Zimbabwe.

When I visited Zimbabwe in the eighties, it was a country of plenty.
To my surprise, people didn't lock their doors at night.
We all know what happened after that.
By AFAIK
Hong Wu wrote:How much do you actually know about the US?

We're discussing South Africa.

@Ter You appear to be discussing race whilst I discuss class. I don't give a shit about blacks vs whites when they compete on a level playing field. My criticism of S Africa is that it pursued neo-liberalism after dismantling apartheid, which resulted in "moving the chains from our necks to our hands" as one commentator put it.

PS- Thread split from here
By Ter
AFAIK wrote:@Ter You appear to be discussing race whilst I discuss class. I don't give a shit about blacks vs whites when they compete on a level playing field. My criticism of S Africa is that it pursued neo-liberalism after dismantling apartheid, which resulted in "moving the chains from our necks to our hands" as one commentator put it.

Yes OK but in my opinion both are correct: there is neo-liberalism and on top of that reverse racism against whites (plus of course the usual corruption and nepotism within the ruling party)
By MadMonk
What you refer to as reverse racism, let us instead use the real terms so no one gets upset; tribalism and ethnocentrism. Now, from whom might the black citizens of South Africa learned that from?

This does not tell the whole story, however, as South Africa continues lead the way with its extreme income and wealth inequality. A new black middle-class has been formed but the absolute majority of black people are still living in poverty. No longer able to suppress the majority, poor whites have become vulnerable targets without as strong representation as the past. The new black élite behaves like the white élite elsewhere, caring for the poor only as far as they have to.

South Africa is a mess because one continues to focus almost entirely on the racial-aspect, which has always been a stupid point of view and one we continue to view from because of history, instead of focusing on the economical-aspects that dictate reality across the world.
By Suntzu
Whites are no longer a problem in Zimbabwe.

Zimbabwe is 99.4% Black.

White are still about 10% of South Africa's population and South Africa is still the most prosperous country in sub-Saharan Africa. I actually have a tie to South Africa as I recently purchased a car (or parts for a car) from South Africa. It is a Birkin S3 that is a licensed copy of the Lotus Seven incorporating modern improvements, IRS, four wheel disc brakes, modern power, etc.

The White South Africans have bunkered up to deal with rampant crime. The Blacks and Coloured in power took a look at what happened in Zimbabwe and made efforts to accommodate Whites. About 20% of the Black population has AIDS which factors in somewhat.
@Suntzu

Are you just going to assume it's due to race and not due to other factors? Are you seriously this fucking dense? You do realize the history of South Africa right? You can't just not know why South Africa is the shithole it is now, you just can't. You can't be this stupid, this ignorant to not know anything about South Africa's situation and say this drivel.
Ter wrote:Do you believe whites can compete on an equal level for business opportunities and top jobs in South Africa en Zimbabwe these days?

No, i do not believe so. I have several friends from South Africa who immigrated out of SA because of declining conditions for White people there. Basically as much as i wanted to say that is not the case, my real life aquitances/friends are a testament to the fact that SA is discriminating against White SA.

20-15 years ago, It would be unheard of that an SA citizen would immigrate to Estonia but nowadays it is a reality. I have discussed this a bit with them and the country have gone downhill greatly in the last 15-20 years. This does not just include economic situation but also social and criminal situation. (They are in their late 20s early 30s)
@Suntzu

And may I ask how is that you are able to identify this based on a single post talking about how you are ignorant?

And even if I was, that is not an excuse for being ignorant. Or is South African history is "Every thing was dark and horrible until THE WHITES came. When South Africans revolted everything became dark again but now there is a small glimmer of light of THE WHITES." similar to the wet dreams you have at night of your obvious WHITE superiority?

Any of you going to buy the Trump bible he's promo[…]

Moving the goalposts won't change the facts on th[…]

There were formidable defense lines in the Donbas[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 28, Thursday No separate peace deal with G[…]