Woman files false rape case to pay off debts - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in India.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
Lured by the promise of Rs 5,000, a 27-year-old woman in the national capital on Tuesday falsely accused two men of raping her.

Police said the woman agreed to lodge a false complaint in return for the money that she wanted to use to repay her lover's debts.

The woman accused Ramesh and Vijay, both auto-rickshaw drivers, of kidnapping and raping her.

Police said they received a call on Tuesday morning that a woman had been drugged and raped at a secluded spot at Timarpur area in north Delhi. Police took the woman to hospital where a medical examination was conducted.

During investigations, police learnt Ramesh was the husband of the alleged victim's friend, Poonam.

Poonam wanted to divorce Ramesh and asked her friend to lodge the false rape accusation, which would make it easier for her to get a divorce.

"On questioning Poonam, we found she had paid Rs 5,000 to her friend for registering a false case of rape against Ramesh," said Sunil Garg, deputy commissioner of police.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_ ... 010001.htm
By Pushkin
women can do that unfortunately. what was her consequence?
By N'Djamena
women can do that unfortunately.

No they can't.

what was her consequence?

Jail time, hopefully. The same penalty as a rapist is what she deserves.
By Vladimir
This is one of the cosequences of giving women too much freedom.

[Edit: this was my 500th post. Seems I am quarter-way to being corrupt; couse for great celebration! :cheers: ]
By Amman
This is a very odd event. The woman should be punished harshly. But it has to be fair. And women cannot do this it is an illegal offense.
By N'Djamena
This is a very odd event.

I concur.

The woman should be punished harshly.

I concur.

And women cannot do this it is an illegal offense.

I concur.
By Amman
People use the word concur too much, they just want to be smart. I have never heard of anything like this happening before.
By N'Djamena
have never heard of anything like this happening before.

What, so much concurrance?

Well you live in the United States, I can see why it may come as a shock. ;)

You said "Those in admin detention are eithe[…]

And now it's Hunter Biden's turn: Hunter Biden c[…]

https://www.ethicalpolitics.org/ablun[…]

So that's funny. Not a single person was able to […]