Gang rape videos are being sold in India - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in India.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
That is the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard

If rapists don't rape for sexual pleasure then why do their dicks get hard and why do they ejaculate into the vaginas they are raping?

Do you seriously believe this bullshit?

I think the point that our Dedicated Follower of Fashion is trying to make is that obtaining sexual pleasure is not the primary reason why some men commit rape. After all, if a man wants to have sex, then all he has to do is go to a red-light district of his local town or city and he can purchase it on almost any street corner. And without taking the huge legal and social risk of committing rape. There must therefore be some other reason why rapists commit the crimes which they do. The feeling of dominating another human being, of utterly objectifying them, is almost certainly the primary motivation. The sexual pleasure is merely a nice bonus for them.
Some people get a hard on for destruction. Destroying another human being's confidence, well being and sense of security. This is what these fuckers get off on. In turn same thing has been done to them in some form of another. With rapist I suspect it is their mother or some other woman close in their lives that messed them up. Then they express all that anger on a random woman.

So the cycle of abuse goes on. As a woman who faces sexual abuse then comes to hate men. With women it is even worse cause they lie to themselves deeply. Hence their healing is all much harder. And not healed properly they take out their anger on the men that are close to them and their sons. Cause they hate innocents and vulnerability.

It becomes catch 22 from here on.
Potemkin wrote:I think the point that our Dedicated Follower of Fashion is trying to make is that obtaining sexual pleasure is not the primary reason why some men commit rape. After all, if a man wants to have sex, then all he has to do is go to a red-light district of his local town or city and he can purchase it on almost any street corner. And without taking the huge legal and social risk of committing rape. There must therefore be some other reason why rapists commit the crimes which they do. The feeling of dominating another human being, of utterly objectifying them, is almost certainly the primary motivation. The sexual pleasure is merely a nice bonus for them.

I just don't think that sexual pleasure is the right word for it. I think that consensual sex should not be conflated with the pleasure that comes from a paraphilic disorder. Rapists are, by definition, sufferers of paraphilia, and thus do not have the ability to feel normal sexual pleasure. The idea that they COULD get off from consensual sex if they had it is the key. If you are a rapist, it's because you have been socialized in such a way (or possibly had a genetic predisposition towards) that you cannot attain pleasure from those routes. It's not sexual frustration that leads to rape, as the vast majority of men who are sexually frustrated would not rape anybody. In fact, very often it is people in positions of relative power that will rape because they are obsessed with the power dynamic.

I mean I am sure that Dave is a relatively powerful man since he has bragged about campaigning for Donald Turnip and says that he might take a trip to India soon to go watch some rape videos (which implies disposable income), yet here he is, defending rape. I'm not saying he has raped anybody. It's just that normal people don't want to watch a gang rape video.
Dave wrote:That is the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard

If rapists don't rape for sexual pleasure then why do their dicks get hard and why do they ejaculate into the vaginas they are raping?

Do you seriously believe this bullshit?

Actually many rapists fail to ejaculate during an attack, which suggests that they have ulterior motives since men almost always cum during consensual sex.

In 1977, in fact, A. Nicholas Gorth, PhD, and Ann Wolbert Burgess, R.N., reported on the results of just such a study in the New England Journal of Medicine. (Oct 6. 1977 pp 764-766)

They broke out sexual dysfunction from rapists into three categories:

"Erective inadequacy," which they defined as the rapist's partial or complete failure or attain or maintain an erection. They noted that some cases were further defined as "conditional impotence," in which the rapist displayed initial erective incompetence but forced the victim to stimulate him orally or manually, or where the victim's struggles in response to the assault produced the erection.

"Premature ejactulation," where ejaculation occurs before or immediately upon penetration.

"Ejaculatory incompetence," in which extended intromission by the rapist did not result in ejaculation at all.

Thirty-four percent of the cases they studied contained some sexual dysfunction as defined above. Another twenty percent were reported as not applicable to determining whether sexual dysfunction existed, due to:

No attempt at penetration
Assault interrupted
Successful resistance by victim

Twenty-one percent of the cases did not provide sufficient data to draw a conclusion. Only twenty-five percent of the cases studied had no sexual dysfunction present.

Of the thirty-four percent mentioned above:

16 percent showed erective inadequacy (impotence)
3 percent showed premature ejaculation
15 percent showed ejaculatory incompetence (no ejaculation)

As the authors go on to discuss, there was a substantial amount of ejaculatory dysfunction, especially ejaculatory incomptence, when considered in comparison to the general population. This is an infrequent complaint, affecting about 1 in 700 men, yet it was the second major cause of sexual dysfunction among rapists.

Analysis of hospital records and rape kits bear this conclusion out. Of 23 victims that encountered multiple rapists during their attack, fully half tested negative for sperm.
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/sho ... stcount=16
Potemkin wrote:I think the point that our Dedicated Follower of Fashion is trying to make is that obtaining sexual pleasure is not the primary reason why some men commit rape. After all, if a man wants to have sex, then all he has to do is go to a red-light district of his local town or city and he can purchase it on almost any street corner. And without taking the huge legal and social risk of committing rape. There must therefore be some other reason why rapists commit the crimes which they do. The feeling of dominating another human being, of utterly objectifying them, is almost certainly the primary motivation. The sexual pleasure is merely a nice bonus for them.

Domination and objectification is possible without rape though.

The most obvious motivator is sexual gratification and while this doesn't mean it's correct, people seem to be going out of their way to show that sexual pleasure has little to do with it. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised at all if we eventually found that sexual gratification plays a major role.

LV-GUCCI-PRADA-FLEX wrote:Rapists are, by definition, sufferers of paraphilia, and thus do not have the ability to feel normal sexual pleasure.

This may be true for some rapists, but I don't think there is any evidence that it is true for all of them. I suspect that most of them have no problem enjoying consensual sex as well.

AFAIK wrote:Actually many rapists fail to ejaculate during an attack, which suggests that they have ulterior motives since men almost always cum during consensual sex.

I'm not sure I'm following the reasoning. Just because you can't achieve something doesn't mean you don't want to achieve it. I don't think an ulterior motive is necessary to explain why these men have raped somebody.
It's a lot simpler and easier to hire a prostitute than to rape someone so presumably rapists go to the trouble of raping because they get off on it in a way that they fail to do through consensual sex.

I'm saying it's the type of sexual gratification they achieve that motivates them.
AFAIK wrote:It's a lot simpler and easier to hire a prostitute than to rape someone so presumably rapists go to the trouble of raping because they get off on it in a way that they fail to do through consensual sex.

I'm saying it's the type of sexual gratification they achieve that motivates them.

That's possible, but it could also be that consent is just not equally important to everybody and that there is a spectrum with respect to how important it is.

Take for instance the story where a group of men from a college football team raped a young women who was unconscious. Did they seek a special type of sexual gratification or did they just not care at all? In my opinion, cases like this show that it's not easy to come up with a unifying theory about what the motivation is.
Kaiserschmarrn wrote:That's possible, but it could also be that consent is just not equally important to everybody and that there is a spectrum with respect to how important it is.

Take for instance the story where a group of men from a college football team raped a young women who was unconscious. Did they seek a special type of sexual gratification or did they just not care at all? In my opinion, cases like this show that it's not easy to come up with a unifying theory about what the motivation is.

I'd agree that a "unifying theory" will be nigh impossible as not all rapes are the same. They are all wrong, they are all to be deplored but they are not all the same. Rape committed as a consequence of errors of communication, in the absence of violence and in the setting of as relationship is not the same thing as rape committed, with violence and forward planning, for the sadistic pleasure of hurting and dominating someone else. The motivations will be different and the consequences and our responses will be different also.

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]

@Rugoz A compromise with Putin is impossibl[…]

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we […]