India Approves Airport Privatization - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in India.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
India has approved a plan to privatize two of its biggest airports in the national capital New Delhi and financial center Mumbai in a bid to upgrade them to world standards.

The Indian government has embarked on an ambitious privatization drive to reform state-run enterprises and hopes to raise 132 billion rupees ($2.89 billion) through sale of equity in these companies in the year to March 2004.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/BUSINESS/09/12/india.airport.reut/index.html

Personally I believe that the money raised should be used for more important problems in states such as Andhra Pradesh. Civil engineers are needed to fix that place up, and the pundits do nothing. And no I do not believe the state of the country is subjective to people---- it is falling apart.
By mak89gt
i live in andhra pradesh, everything is fine here, actually, the money is needed in areas such as jammu & kashmir, and Arunachal Pradesh.
If you thinkwe are bankrupt because of the water problem, then you are wrong. that was a slight mistake by the C.M. of the state.
i actually support the air privitisation.
Last edited by mak89gt on 23 Nov 2003 10:09, edited 1 time in total.
By Nox
mak89gt wrote:i actually support the air privitisation.

I am not Indian, but I wholeheartedly agree. There's something about profit that makes things more efficient. Unfortunately, regulation is required to keep safety paramount.

Nox
By Comrade Ogilvy
But will it actually help bring up the areas quality of life if airline privatisation is allowed?
Waiting for Starmer

@JohnRawls I think the smaller parties will do[…]

https://i.ibb.co/VDfthZC/IMG-0141&#[…]

I don't care who I have to fight. White people wh[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]