If there was war? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in India.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
By Rowan.
Despite the Nuclear weapons, ig India and Pakistan went to war one day, who would win. I personally think Pakistan.
By U-235
do you have any figures that you can provide me that you based this statment on?
By Buck Williams
India, why you ask? Shear numbers.
By Siberian Fox
The only winner in a war between India and Pakistan would be China.

That is until the radioactive fallout kills us all, in which case nobody wins. There can be no winners in a situation where both combatants are nuclear armed, that is why countries seek to develop nuclear weapons, it is the ultimate defence. As such, India and Pakestan will now never again go to war with each other on a full scale.

When people talk about winners and losers in terms of who would have the least casualties, or the most men standing at the end I can't help but think of General Ripper in Dr. Stranglove trying to convince the presidnet to attack the USSR because America would only lose 10-20 million people "tops". Quite sickening really.
By Efrem Da King
India, because they are armed with Israeli anti missile systems, some of the good ones too.
By GandalfTheGrey
Siberian Fox wrote:When people talk about winners and losers in terms of who would have the least casualties, or the most men standing at the end I can't help but think of General Ripper in Dr. Stranglove trying to convince the presidnet to attack the USSR because America would only lose 10-20 million people "tops". Quite sickening really.

Usually its in terms of who gets to dictate the terms of peace. In a full scale war between India and Pakistan, India would win hands down.
By Rowan.
well i thought maybe the pakistan army would be alot more fanatical. plus support from other fundemental muslim groups.
By joe
India - because they have more people and army military might is strong :)
By GandalfTheGrey
colombian drug lord wrote:well i thought maybe the pakistan army would be alot more fanatical. plus support from other fundemental muslim groups.

Typical stereotyping of muslims. The Iraqi army was mostly muslim and look how 'fanatical' they were against the Americans.
By Rowan.
yes i'm sorry to judge like that. :knife:
By Milorg
A stalemate would most likely be the outcome. If nukes were to be used there'd be a disaster for the whole world. Nuclear war doesn't have a winner..
By NewDynasty
Pakistan will win, because WE will support them! :evil:

Now seriously we will probably try everthing to prevent the conflict if things are heating up too much, nobody want to see a nuclear war. (although they dont have as many nuclear weapon as the real nuclear powers.)
By mak89gt
Efrem Da King wrote:India, because they are armed with Israeli anti missile systems, some of the good ones too.

I know that its been a while since anyone posted, but, let me assure you that with the developement of the Brahmos missile system, we have a better Russian arsenal than ever before.

Pakistan attacked us three times since our nations were parted. Pakistan has lost all three wars. They still have no chance of winning.
By unbalanced zealot
A war between India and Pakistan ...

:hmm: (our current Australian Prime Minisiter) John Howard
really would have some work to do on his refugee policy
if that came to pass !
By mak89gt
Yes, it would be sad, your nation will be overfilled with Pakistani's.
By Crazy Brown Guy
Just like in the past India will win, it will be like a blitz, but Pakistan said it will use nukes if they knew they were losing. When that happens India will use nukes, when that happens Bush/US will use nuke for the sake of using the nuke sine they want to be known as the country that used most nukes in history and wish to hold that record, hence WW# will start….. :knife:
By tragicclown
in a limited war...india would win, of course, but they could never dictate "regime change" or any total victory.

in an unlimited war, everyone would die! :eek:
By Sharaz
India won all of the three wars?...... but they never got anywhere.

As far as I am aware Pakistan has always pushed the Indians back even though they are out-numbered 3-1.
By Crazy Brown Guy
India won all of the three wars?...... but they never got anywhere.

As far as I am aware Pakistan has always pushed the Indians back even though they are out-numbered 3-1.

Reason India never went anywhere is because it never wanted to invade Pakistan. India always retaliated against Pakistan’s aggressions as a means of self-defense. Once India reached its borders it stopped the offensive.
By glinert
War will come, and when does, India will gain upper hand at first offensive. Pakistan, for fear of total loss, will launch nuclear weapons. USA will be handsoff, afraid of inflamed conflict. India will launch weapons.

END RESULT: 16 million dead, India takes Kashmir full control, although nobody will be left in Kashmir.

India will pressure reunion.

He is a bad candidate. He is the only candidat[…]

How do the tweets address the claims by the UN Rap[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The 2nd Punic War wasn't bad for Rome because a) […]

World War II Day by Day

June 5, Wednesday British government bans strike[…]