PoFo FAQ: Why am I Being Punished for Rules Violations? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Assorted documents and images.
Question: Why am I being punished for violating the forum rules? Member XYZ started it!

Answer: We honestly cannot believe the number of times we hear this, but here you are...

The Forum Rules are absolute, not relative.

That means that we never accept school playground excuses like "but he started it sir" as justification for violation of the forum rules. Members are expected to report forum rules violations and have the restraint (and sense) not to respond in kind. Each forum rule violation is assessed for what it is, so it is even entirely possible for a person responding in kind to a forum rules violation to receive greater sanction that the member they responded to.

For example:
  • Responding to a mild forum rules violation with a worse one could well result it greater sanction.
  • Responding to a forum rules violation in kind whilst also having a history of warnings for breaking the forum rules could well result in greater sanction.
  • Responding to a forum rules violation in kind whilst not even reporting the original violation is a great way to be sanctioned without any action being taken against the original violation if the moderator does not happen to see it also.

The bottom line is, don't violate the forum rules. Help the moderators by reporting violations of others. Thank you.

Confessions extracted under torture...seems legit.[…]

^ Wouldn't happen though, since the Israelis are n[…]

I was actually unaware :lol: Before he was […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Every accusation is a confession Why sexual v[…]