[Archived: Special Debates] Inalienable Human Rights - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Assorted documents and images.
By glinert
IN our lives we will find these terms thrown around very much. People will use these terms so much that we will become tired of them and there use. In truth however, contrary to liberal and many enlightened thinkers, humans have only one right, they have right to live and live safely and protected.

Concepts of freedom, concepts of liberty, and liberalism thrown around so much but mean so little. No one ver garanteed any of these freedoms. You not able to garantee them. These freedoms added extras and able to be easily taken away. As long as your government protects you and gives you live, all your rights being fulfilled. Many people not realize always betterto have food on table then liberties.

I think that there order of neccesities and liberty and freedom, all basic human rights not on there. Human rights not exist, these things invented. When you deny them someone, they still have food and therefore all there rights being fulfilled.
By Falleen Prince Xizor
glinert wrote:Human rights not exist, these things invented. When you deny them someone, they still have food and therefore all there rights being fulfilled.

Which one is it? that rights exist that can be taken away, but can be easily satisfied through having food...Or do they not exist?

What happens when you deny someone food, if you own the food, and won't give it to a starving person... they're losing their right to live if they're on the verge of starvation..But you are also losing the right to use what's rightfully yours.

I like the idea of abolition of rights..but things would get far too messy to be tenable... I think, in some shape or form, they are here to stay....
By Vivisekt
This discussion is now concluded.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I disagree with this, but I also don't think &quo[…]

The actual argument (that the definition is being[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

There are many ways to approach a construction sit[…]

One potential solution is for us to do everything[…]