Satire for July 2010 - Page 9 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political and non-political satire; all those terribly biased analogies live here.
By Suska
You're right NYYS and while we're at it lets do something about these vicious depictions of midwesterners

By Godstud
:lol: The Cthulhu one is very amusing.

The one below it may seem strange, but plastic furniture in the 70's wasn't just a terrible idea.
By Suska
By NYYS
You're right NYYS and while we're at it lets do something about these vicious depictions of midwesterners

That's not a depiction of anyone specifically. Just a guy.
By Wolfman
Just like the image that has caused such a ho-ha doesn't depict anyone specific.
By NYYS
specifically jewish. the image you posted is just a guy who we have no idea of his background. there's nothing stereotypical about him.
By QatzelOk

There's one important one financial transaction missing: handing the banks over whatever was left in the treasury so they could keep playing monopoly.

I guess this one's missing because the cartoon is a Democrat-voting one. And the Democrats are the party of Goldman Sachs.

By The Immortal Goon
I guess this one's missing because the cartoon is a Democrat-voting one. And the Democrats are the party of Goldman Sachs.

It's actually not missing because the cartoon is about Democrats. The Blue Dogs are Democrats.
By Vanasalus
Wow. What a rabble I caused without intending... :lol:

Rodion wrote:You can't put a red nose over your hate, man.

Cannot you sleep well without believing everybody else hates you? Weird if so. Try more mainstream solutions; such as drinking a cup of hot milk before going to bed. ;)

TheClockworkRat wrote:I think the star of David is a bit too much.

Last time I looked, Star of David (or The Seal of Solomon as we Turks name) was defining symbol of Israeli flag. What else should have the artist used for the identification of the soldier whom he/she was rendering in the cartoon? A ying-yang? :roll:

War Angel wrote:I was going to report this shit, but quite frankly - I'd rather it stayed, as a testament to the above posters' agenda and inclinations.

:lol: You and I both know very well that you would not hesitate to report it if you had slightest hope of achieving a card for me. Thus, you went with usual drill of mud-sliding. :|

Godstud wrote:Funny. I don't know any Jewish people who are like this at all.

I do not know any Jew with hooked noses either. But the funnier thing is that I myself have a sort of large nose with a hook. :knife:

OMG! That proves I am not an anti-Semite: I am a self-hating Jew.

War Angel wrote:My problem isn't with the cartoon at all - it's with the fact Vanasalus has posted it, and yet, would protest to being called an antisemite. Same with Qatzel.

I've no problem with antisemitism - I am far more concerned with attempts to deny and disguise it.

I am not obliged to indulge every impercipient individual with explanations on what I am or what I am not. On the other hand, if the persons, who name me an antisemite, are percipient enough but doing it so intentionally to defame me on false grounds, then they do not need any explanations from my side at all.

I have a 5 years long presence in this forum and made 5000+ posts, available out there for everyone to see. I stand by that record.

Wolfman wrote:Remove the Star of David and the word Israel, and no one would know that the picture is a reference to Israel and (by association) Jews. It's not a satire of Jews, but of Israel.

Precisely.

War Angel wrote:Yes, but they're there, aren't they? The nose, the Star, the blood, the morbid zombie-look... you're right - it's not a satire of Jews, but it's also not a satire of Israel, either. It's not satire at all.

Or perhaps, it is a piece of satire hitting the nail on the head and War Angel got some sand in his vagina. :roll:

Suska wrote:sorry, there seems to me to be a big difference between being critical of Israel and hating Jews.

There is. Perhaps, since Zionists find nothing to defend the maliciousness of the acts of Israel, they play the anti-Semite card to stifle the criticism and the debate.

---------------------

I should stop responding here. At the end, this thread should be about satire.

Let’s give another Israel cartoon which made the cover of weekly "Penguen", shall we. :lol:

Tentative translations:

While Erdogan (Turkish PM) is reminding 6th commandment to Israeli PM Netanyahu, Kilicdaroglu (Main opposition party leader in Turkey) refers 8th commandment to criticize government’s performance in reducing the corruption .

Netenyahu: "Bravo to both of them. Even I could not name the first three in a row. The first one was Rüştü*, wasn’t it?"

*Rüştü is a legendary goalkeeper in Turkish football league who often plays with jersey number 1.

Now, before our Zionist pundits start their usual drill against me based upon this second cartoon (this time it should be something different than a hooked-nose, I guess), let me say few things about weekly Penguen. It is a popular left-wing satirical journal in Turkey and it owes large part of its current popularity to its anti-Erdogan stand and cartoons. Examples such as:

Against government's new Green-initative:

Translation:
Erdogan: "Nobody is greener than me."

Or, against Erdogan’s pro-Arabic views:

Translation:
Erdogan: "And, I am not wearing underwear either."

P.S. Yep, anti-Erdogan cartoons are a lot funnier than anti-Israel ones. Yet, as anyone with proper high school education in literature would know, the satire is not necessarily to be funny. Especially, when there is nothing funny in the acts of those who are being satirized.

P.S. Are there any volunteers to name me an anti-African or anti-Arab because of the last two cartoons I have referred? ;)
By Zyx
Actually, Vanasalus, your rabble is quite indicative of an even broader fact on POFO.

There was real racist non-Satire posted by TIG, but no one called him Anti-Muslim or raged against the posting.

On POFO, the crowd is not only racist toward Muslims, but demanding of a deification of Jews to the extent that Jews can not be satired after actively murdering Muslims and Arabs, no less.

Ain't that a bitch?
By Godstud
Some people recognize it as satire and that satire sometimes attempts to portray an uncomfortable or painful reality in a humorous manner. It doesn't mean people who don't say anything are racist. :roll: Some people don't choose to give power to the racist "satire" by responding to them or don't bother because this is a satire thread. Thus, your conclusion about PoFoers is flawed, Zyx.

According to the Oxford Dictionary:
Satire
the use of humour, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.
By Zyx
Godstud, actually, Vanasalus' posting was satire, yet many were calling him anti-semitic and demanding the removal of his cartoon. TIG's post wasn't satire, yet no one called him anti-Muslim (admittedly, he doesn't support the ad he showed) or demanded its removal. From this, one can see that denigrating innocent Muslims, even out of satire, is more acceptable than portraying criminal Jews harshly by the POFO community.

Look at the link that I provided. TIG's commercial was not satire.

This isn't satire:

[youtube]mjGJPPRD3u0[/youtube]
By Wolfman
This isn't satire:

You're right, the video is serious. But, he posted it as a demonstration of how stupid the supporters of that add are. It's ironic satire.
By Zyx
That's not the point. The point is that many pofoites cried anti-semitism over a satirical piece on criminal Zionists, but didn't cry a bit over a serious piece on innocent Muslims.
By Wolfman
That's clearly because everyone hates them dirty sand N*****. :roll:
By Godstud
To be honest, I never actually looked at the video in question. (I have now seen it)

You are correct. It's not satire. It's just promoting hatred against Muslims.

Some examples: https://twitter.com/OnlinePalEng/s[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I do not have your life Godstud. I am never going[…]

He's a parasite

Trump Derangement Syndrome lives. :O