Satire week begining 31/05/2004 - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political and non-political satire; all those terribly biased analogies live here.
By Dark Canuck
Alright idiot lion, since you can't seem to understand that parralells between current events and WW2 make no sense I'll elaborate.

You yanks got involved two years after the war was in full swing for everyone else involved. The Germans/Nazis had already invaded Poland, The Netherlands, Denmark, France, Belgium, Norway, Finland, the USSR and it's Satellites, Greece and Yugoslavia as well as annexing Czecheslovakia and Austria, and of course starting it's Final Solution operation. As well there was the massive bombing and attempts toward invasion of Britain.
SO you have a large, dangerous, well armed, well organized military force nearly in control of all of Europe before the US went into combat as all allied nations hoped it would do. There was no questioning German intentions, power of destructive capability, they were aggressors on a massive scale posing a clear and present danger.

Iraq now however, was a poverty striken dustbowl, a world class pariah under numerous embargoes, with no actual ability to threaten any of the western world. No ties to Al Queda anyone believes, and locals who really don't like you. They were not occupying any other nation, they were not in the process of invading anyone. If the US wanted to intervene and punish Iraq for aggression, perhaps years ago was the time, though still under questionable circumstances.

Is that clear enough for you, cowardly lion?
By arcis
And what about the concept of preemptive war?

If we apply current american policy to situation in europe 70 years ago, then europe had to be liberated at the latest in the years between 1929 and 1933.
By The American Lion
Dark Canuck wrote:Alright idiot lion, since you can't seem to understand that parralells between current events and WW2 make no sense I'll elaborate.

You yanks got involved two years after the war was in full swing for everyone else involved. The Germans/Nazis had already invaded Poland, The Netherlands, Denmark, France, Belgium, Norway, Finland, the USSR and it's Satellites, Greece and Yugoslavia as well as annexing Czecheslovakia and Austria, and of course starting it's Final Solution operation. As well there was the massive bombing and attempts toward invasion of Britain.
SO you have a large, dangerous, well armed, well organized military force nearly in control of all of Europe before the US went into combat as all allied nations hoped it would do. There was no questioning German intentions, power of destructive capability, they were aggressors on a massive scale posing a clear and present danger.

Iraq now however, was a poverty striken dustbowl, a world class pariah under numerous embargoes, with no actual ability to threaten any of the western world. No ties to Al Queda anyone believes, and locals who really don't like you. They were not occupying any other nation, they were not in the process of invading anyone. If the US wanted to intervene and punish Iraq for aggression, perhaps years ago was the time, though still under questionable circumstances.

Is that clear enough for you, cowardly lion?

Thats why its called SATIRE!
By Boondock Saint
Thats why its called SATIRE!

There is a point to satire ... all teh WWII cartoons is trying to paint Germany and Iraq as one in the same ...

And as Canuck points out there could be nothing further from the truth ... though one could easily paint todays US and Nazi Germany ...

Now before anyone starts calling Americans Nazis or anyone gets all defensive and asks me to prove genocide, please understand thats not what I am getting at ...

Nazi Germany utilized pre-emptive warfare as a foreign policy ... the US is using pre-emptive warfare as a foriegn policy ... end of comparison as far as I am concerened and honestly thats about as far as anyone ever needs to get ...

Pre-emptive warfare = war of aggression.
By Macphisto
The American Lion wrote:Image
I like how it says "fellow Iraqi" to make Al-Qaeda look like it has Iraqi ties. A poll after 9/11 revealed about 40% of the country thought at least "some" of the hijackers were Iraqi, even though none were.
By liberalist
Aren't the second and third ones a bit presumptuous.
By Yeddi
I bet god isn't one of those losers who hate black jellybeans.
By Boondock Saint
Yeddi wrote:I bet god isn't one of those losers who hate black jellybeans.

I used to hate those ... but thats because I ate six boxes of 'Good N Plenty' and vomited up licorice flavored puke for two hours ...

That would turn anyone off to anything licorice flavored for a while ... :lol:

*Edited for typos*
By Yeddi
Well that's a good enough excuse to exempt you from the loser list.
By Liberal
Pls...
Show some respect for him..

@FiveofSwords Also, don't get too hung up on g[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This post was made on the 16th April two years ag[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]