Satire for November 2010 - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political and non-political satire; all those terribly biased analogies live here.
By Suska
I still don't get it and your knowledge of such matters explains a lot.
By Zyx
Yes, I was observant in elementary school. Did you have any doubt about that?
By QatzelOk
Sorry for not explaining my contribution to Satire on the last page. I realize this may have prevented many of you from laughing.

The "humor" is found in the fact that the first panel (which appears for about 2 seconds: you need to pause to read it) states that the current president of Iran did a Masters at the Universite de Sherbrooke in the early 80s, and learned to speak pretty good local French.

The speech is a dubbing of Ahmanjinedad, but in the video, he is alleged to be making a speech to the current grads of the same university. He uses his podium to deny the holocaust using local slang. The dialect he uses is a kind of hick Quebecois redneck macho French. "Moi me vas vous dire" instead of "Je vais vous dire," "La-la crisse..." as a vulgar and meaningless bit of crudeness.

It's funny for two reasons: it mocks the Iranian leader (as he is portrayed in Western media), and it juxtaposes local customs on a foreign and slightly exotic person.

The body gestures that Ahmanjinedad uses are very similar to locals, so this creates the third level of dialogue that makes the satire "work."
By amjdmg
By MB.
Oh, that macro made me get all geeky
By Ter
amjdmg, what the fuck is that all about with the elephants and the archers.
I am sure there is alogical explanation but this thread is called Satire, not Mindfuck.

And were the vowels expensive when you had to make up a user name ?

Ter
By MB.
Show some respect, Ter. AOEII was badass if not very good.
By amjdmg
That's big talk coming from a guy with a three letter username. :lol:

It's clearly satire - it parodies AOE II.
By Ter
I might be the only one on PoFo but how can I understand a parody on AOE II if I have to Google AOE II first ?
I just asked my sons and their friends who are visiting (ages 10-12) and nobody knows what AOE II mean.

AMJDMG : Ter is perfectly pronounceable, you can even chose how, and I use the same handle in many places. It has the added advantage that it is too short to be found by Google or any search engine within a board.

Anyway,

Ter
By MB.
Yo, I play games way better than AOE series ^_^
By SomeRandom
By Suska
:?:
By The Sabbaticus
lol@the second cartoon.

At that point in time there was still a robust trade in Christian European slaves by the various expansionistic Islamic empires of the period. For the remainder, it's just a mindless "repeat the Muslim victim meme" attempt, and is incongruent and farcically inept at that.
By Figlio di Moros
And minus the fact it's, you know, true. The pilgrims came to set up a puritan theocracy, RI was started by someone they kicked out for rejecting their beliefs. But, fuck it, they'se was all 'bout religious freedom, rejecting muslims is anti-paleogenic, yo.
By killim
Hands down i have won the Purlitzer Price for 2010 three days ago in the urban railway system of Cologne:

Only Eva looks older and Blondie is probably dead.
By Zyx
killim, did you check if the lens were made in Israel?

(I had to.)
By The Sabbaticus
Didn't we see this picture already a month or so ago on the internet? Or did you chance upon the same couple? lol

Indictments have occurs in Arizona over the fake e[…]

Actually it is unknown whether humans and chimps […]

It seems you very much don't like ethnic harassme[…]

Ukraine already has cruise missiles (Storm Shadow)[…]