Satire for February 2013 - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political and non-political satire; all those terribly biased analogies live here.
Ombrageux wrote:I'm finding Dilbert very real recently.

It's a bit disturbing but I always found Dilbert to be quite realistic.

ImageI had a case which was basically similar to this.
By Kman
Cookie Monster wrote:It's a bit disturbing but I always found Dilbert to be quite realistic.

Yeah well Dilbert in this case have a shit understanding of how companies work, companies do not scale down sectors of their company that earns them profits, they scale back on the sectors that have huge losses, unlike what the cartoon is implying. Any business owner worth his salt will know this principle that you shed divisions that are losing money and expand divisions earning profits.
Kman wrote:Yeah well Dilbert in this case have a shit understanding of how companies work, companies do not scale down sectors of their company that earns them profits, they scale back on the sectors that have huge losses, unlike what the cartoon is implying. Any business owner worth his salt will know this principle that you shed divisions that are losing money and expand divisions earning profits.
I was as surprised as you are but it actually happened. Shareholders in London demanded a higher return and the non-profitable departments were indispensable for the product line so the board decided to cut expenditures in a very profitable department by outsourcing it to Eastern Europe, hoping to produce those results demanded by shareholders.

mikema63 wrote:If everyone in a corporation did the right thing then bankruptcy wouldn't exist.
Sometimes bankruptcy is the right thing for an entrepreneur in order to escape debts. And for boards entering debts is actually profitable due to tax advantages and possibility to expand the company's market share. Of course all these activities are at the expense of the tax payer, but hey it's the "free market" at work.
I heard somewhere that Scott Adams doesn't really write a good chunk of his strips, and instead just lets people email him stupid boss stories.
By KurtFF8
Los Angeles On High Alert As LAPD Back On Regular Duty

LOS ANGELES—Los Angeles residents are reportedly on edge today following reports that hundreds of armed and extremely dangerous Los Angeles Police Department officers are resuming regular patrolling duties after the conclusion of Tuesday’s manhunt for rogue ex-cop Christopher Dorner. “I mean, just knowing they’re out there is terrifying—how can I feel safe when these maniacs are on the loose in my neighborhood?” said a visibly rattled Ashley Stillson, 38, who explained that she strictly observed the city’s advisory to avoid the historically violent, unpredictable predators by going out in groups and avoiding the streets entirely after nightfall. “These guys are volatile and, in many cases, mentally unstable. Something needs to be done about them because I fear for my family knowing these sick people are still at large.” At press time, sources reported the tense mood in L.A. had brightened considerably after news of a serial rapist diverted numerous LAPD officers to a sprawling manhunt in nearby San Bernardino.
By mikema63
To be perfectly fair about the violence against women act any act named like that makes me nervous.

Bills like that are usually 30,000 pages of other crap to go along with the sentence "violence against women is now illegal".

Blah blah. If Russia uses nukes, the rest of the […]

World War II Day by Day

March 29, Friday Mackenzie King wins Canadian el[…]

Hmmm, it the Ukraine aid package is all over main[…]

The rapes by Hamas, real or imagained are irreleva[…]