Satire week beginning 8/11/2004 - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political and non-political satire; all those terribly biased analogies live here.
By Un Owen
These two panels are supposed to be one cartoon, but for some reason they would only save as two seperate panels. Read them as such, and not as seperate please. The title of the cartoon is:
MANDATE?

By Un Owen
By Un Owen
By CCJ
I don't really get that last one...
By | I, CWAS |
they are becoming Christian Conservatives, most likely they were re-educated at the Freedom camps
By CCJ
Aha. Always on the road to lifeless, mindless zombies.
By | I, CWAS |

Osama Bin Laden has gone deeper into hiding than ever before because the penile implant he got in 1999 is stuck in the "up" position and he's too embarrassed to let anybody, even his closest terror advisors, see him "that way."

"He's got a woody that won't quit and the pain must be blinding," observes a CIA source who's been tracking what he terms "the strangest development yet" in America's war against terror.

"And that's not going to change anytime soon because even though we can't pinpoint the exact cave he's hiding in, we know we've got him surrounded in the mountains of Afghanistan.

"That means Osama can't get out to see a doctor -- and a doctor can't get in to see him."

Snapshots obtained by CIA operatives in Afghanistan show the terror kingpin looking sheepishly at a camera while covering his naughty bits with crossed hands, which the CIA source insists "is all for show because it's a known fact that Osama has a teeny weenie and could have shielded himself with a pinkie."

The source went on to note that Osama "is severely diabetic. According to our best intelligence, he got the implant in Saudi Arabia in November of 1999 to compensate for circulation problems that left him impotent at the height of his sizzling and well-publicized gay affair with Iraqi strongman Saddam Hussein."

"Judging from the trysts we know they shared up until just weeks before Saddam's capture last December, it's clear the implant performed like it was supposed to for at least four years," continues the insider.

"It apparently malfunctioned last spring, which is the last time Osama appeared on a terror video taunting the United States.

"That would make sense because even though Osama is said to be a tiger in bed, in public, he's a prude. The idea of millions of his followers seeing him 'that way' isn't something we would expect him to be comfortable with."

U.S. doctors queried by reporters say malfunctioning penile implants "seldom repair themselves on their own."

"Implants are a sophisticated assembly of tubes, hoses, springs, pumps and, in some cases, computer chips and electronics that tend to work reliably but have been known to go on the blink from time to time," explains one implant surgeon.

"Mr. Bin Laden must feel like he's got a Fourth of July sparkler shoved up there, and when he has to pass water, make that two of them.

"God bless America!"
By Un Owen
By STA
Yeah, comparing Osama bin Laden to Dan Rather is completly fair.
By Attila The Nun

Because we all know that Osama hasn't benefitted from Bush's regime at all...

You obviously know little about terrorism.
By jaakko

If the point of that pic is to make the occupation forces look 'effective', the impressions just the opposite. One or couple thousand, lightly armed fighters tying up several US divisions, months of siege, artillery bombardment, air strikes... That so little takes so much of concentration of forces, it really doesn't make it seem like the US had the situation 'in control'.
By Maxim Litvinov
Hmm, I thought the point of that cartoon, Jaakko, was to describe the breaches of the Geneva Conventions on War in a way that people like TAL might even understand.

As we know, these conventions which the US claims to abide by state that the use of force must be commensurate with the needs for enforcement and that armed forces will take due care to avoid injury to civilians or their property.

As the cartoon clearly illustrates, the US are using non-commensurate weaponry and excessive force to blow right through a city - that is, a population centre which comprised many civilians and their property.
By Boondock Saint
Max, considering the use of a hive to represent Fallujah I do not believe your take on the cartoon would be accurate. By using a hive to represent the entire city the artist is by default painting the city and its entire inhabitants as hostile pests.

While I can see the point you are trying to make I think you are looking to far into it ...

We in the US have lots of sayings related to a 'hornets nest' ... I would think you would have those sayings in Australia as well, though I could be wrong.

The basic idea of the cartoon is that the US isnt stirring the hornets nest but in one swipe wiping it out thus completly eliminating the threat of such a nest.

Even the most hawkish of talking heads would not agree with this concept, Fallujah is simply one city ... I would also say it is more a symptom then a cause, but that is just me.
By Maxim Litvinov
Obviously, Boon, I know that Cocks&FuckEm are never actually going to make a valid point unless it somehow is unintentional (which isn't all that rare).

In support of my spurious, but valid, interpretation I would submit that shooting high calibre munitions at a hornet's nest is still an excessive use of force. Not only that, but it seems a very stupid way of ridding yourself of hornets.

Perhaps the other (unintentional) subtext of the cartoon by C&F is therefore that the US is adopting entirely the wrong strategy in dealing with hostile elements in Iraq?
By Boondock Saint
Perhaps the other (unintentional) subtext of the cartoon by C&F is therefore that the US is adopting entirely the wrong strategy in dealing with hostile elements in Iraq?

I think to be perfectly honest you can replace 'Iraq' with 'Terrorism' in the above concept ... either way, I agree with you.
He's a parasite

The Truth Social platform seems to have very littl[…]

Yes I was using the word fun, loosely , ironicall[…]

Trans people are just people. They have no less an[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

You should impose your own standards on yourself.[…]