Satire for March. - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political and non-political satire; all those terribly biased analogies live here.
By Dark Canuck
The essence of christianity:
By Maxim Litvinov

Cartoon from front page of Indonesian newspaper Rakyat Merdeka, showing Australia's foreign minister being penetrated by Australia's PM, both apparently depicted as dingoes (an Australian native dog).

PM Howard is saying to the foreign minister: "I want Papua!! Alex! Try to make it happen!"

This follows Indonesia getting well mad that Australia granted temporary protection to native people from Papua who would have been persecuted had they returned to their homeland, invaded by Indonesia in the 70s.
By Apollos
The essence of christianity:

There are two possibilites here: either you lack wit in any significant sense, or you are abysmally ignorant in a manner seldom rivaled even in America.

Either way, wrong. :knife:
By Dark Canuck
I know christianity well. I do recall a passage about Onan and why he was such a terrible guy. And a number of Christian guides to avoiding masterbation. The core of it is judging others for something you find distasteful. asserting that your fairly tale god is watching and judging and punnishing over abitraty issues.

You're full of shit. As is christianity itself. And you know it.

Perhaps you ascribe to some new age milqutoast version of christianity, but that cartoon reflects the religion as it has been practiced by the majority for years.
By ianulus
By ianulus
By Apollos
The core of it is judging others for something you find distasteful. asserting that your fairly tale god is watching and judging and punnishing over abitraty issues.

You'd be hardset to demonstrate that from orthodox literature of any kind. We do believe in sin and judgement, but that is hardly the "core" of it. The very opposite is true. Redemption and grace form the heart of the faith.

Perhaps you ascribe to some new age milqutoast version of christianity, but that cartoon reflects the religion as it has been practiced by the majority for years.

Actually the majority has for years been dead wrong. I do not represent some new movement in Christianity. I come from a tradition that stretches back some 1500 years and erupted on a large scale in the protestant reformation, though it was embodied in early Christianity 2000 years ago.

Be careful which Christians you identify as marginal, because the reformed (my denomination) are in the mainstream of historic Christianity though maybe not in popular Christianity.
By Dark Canuck
Historical christianity, gnostic, reformed, whatever, you really think I care? That you give a shit abotu the cross is enough for me to hate you. I won't forgive christianity because a few of you managed to translate it in a more englightened way.
By Apollos
Historical christianity, gnostic, reformed, whatever, you really think I care? That you give a shit abotu the cross is enough for me to hate you. I won't forgive christianity because a few of you managed to translate it in a more englightened way.

A man convinced against his will,
Remains of the same opinion still.

If you aren't willing to think about it I can't make you.

So far, lots of good comments and anecdotes - but […]

I bet you'd love to watch footage of her being ra[…]

I don't really think there is a fundamental diffe[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

This is because the definition of "anti-semi[…]